Paychex Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

3.2

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Seriously, the most bs rat race I've ever been through. They kept dragging me along making me jump through hoops, making me feel as if I had the job. I had an interview with the recruiter, then video interview, then skills test, and the next step was in-person interview (where I had to drive 2 hours to get to), and then ride along (another 2 hour trip), and if all of that wasn't enough I then had another interview in my area that I would be working remotely from. Also, they weren't very mindful that I had a job. They were rude and entitled. My advice to the company: Do not drag interviewees all the way through this lengthy process if you do not intend on hiring them. This put my current job in jeopardy nor was it worth the hassle.

Interview Questions

• -Sales quota questions
      -Sales process
      -Why Paychex? (Why not xyx?)   Answer Question

Business Development Manager/MyStaffingPro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter who basically walked through my resume. This was followed by a brief phone interview with the vice president. This was again more of a background validation than an typical interview. Next was a phone interview the sales director. This was a typical interview discussing my background, the position and what they needed and expected. I was then flown to LA to meet with the VP, followed by a trip to New York to meet with the director.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of focus on managing a remote team and that the job required about 70% travel. When I met in person I presented a 90 day plan.   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position in the payroll division. Paychex has three different product lines which allows for a great opportunity to find the right connection between potential employees and managers. After speaking with a few regional managers I was found to fit beat in retirement services. After 3 interviews and a "day in the life" ride along I thought I had it in the bag. Ended up not getting the initial position. After three months I got a call from the hiring manager who notified me they had changes on the team and if I would like to come on board. I jumped at the opportunity. Tough process!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Enterprise Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very professional folks, top notch human beings. I applied on Paychex's website, was contacted by a great recruiter, had an initial screening and then a phone interview with recruiter. Following that, had phone interviews at the Manager and Director level, leading to an in-person interview with them. This company is very focused on making sure to get the right candidate for the job. Thorough process. Declined due to receiving a better offer, but wouldn't have hesitated joining the team had I not gotten that. This division is going places.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions for a sales interview, nothing particularly challenging   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

applied online to three different positions, payroll specialist being one and only that I received an email from a recruiter with a 24 hour window to take a test, your basic math english assessment with a mixture of outlook and excel test questions. About 2 hours later, I received an digital interview link from the same recruiter with still 24 hours to respond. It was 7 wide ranged question that you complete by webcam or cv text. After that I received an email that it was completed and will reviewed over the next few days. I know it seems like a lot of bad reviews but I would love to get trained in a field like this and make a career. Its a start to me and hopefully a blessing. I am still waiting. It has not been long enough

Interview Questions

• what was something that went wrong but you helped resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was not bad. Met with 2-3 different Managers separately. Each explained the daily life of a sales representative at Paychex. Road in the field with two Paychex Sales Representatives.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process is rather lengthy about at least 3-4 weeks. I was contacted by an outside recruiter who screened me then put me in touch with an in-house recruiter who screened me again. She put me through a personality/skills assessment that takes an 1 hour and 45 minutes. We spoke a second time about my background. I then interviewed with district sales manger. Second interview would be with another equivalent sales manager and then regional head of sales. They are very upfront and clear about the overall process.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make? What was your W2 for prior year? Where do your see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

very professional right from the initial phone screen to the the final interview. Consisted of multiple interviews, a ride along with another sales representative and the then another final interview.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was strange because I was already with the company so it was a fairly easy process and not much explanation other than you want me to be on your team. I made good numbers in my entry level role so much of the interview process was more me interviewing the office

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty extensive process. Essentially you have an initial phone interview, online assessment, in person interview with Sales Manager, in person interview with another Sales Manager, and then finally an interview with a VP of sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negot. Straight base salary + commission