Paychex Outside Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Outside Sales Consultant Interview Questions

0.0

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Kent, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Upon an interview for a sales position; despite my extensive experience (5 years beyond the minimum required), high performance in previous positions, with reputable companies, and extensive education, the interviewer took one look at me and my resume an asked, “How did you not know that Anthropology was not a career choice?" He continued to ask me if, “I worked in non-profit development because I came from poverty," and had a general condescending tone. He was completely unaware that Anthropology is the study of human culture. Therefore, giving me an additional awareness of human interaction, experience in research and more specifically market research which should have been seen as an amplification of my talents for a sales position, not a detriment. He was also unaware that non-profit development is quite literally asking for money without giving the donor anything in return. I've had to sell people on the idea of giving to benefit someone other than themselves. It was obvious that, as a manager, he had no idea how to interview someone and quite frankly I am surprised he is in charge of the hiring process. He does not recognize integrity or professionalism. I obviously did not get a job offer. However, I am now employed with one of the larger non-profits in the Seattle area and in 4 months I have already led a team to achieve over 100K in donation and memberships, as well as, bringing in about the same in group visits and rentals. I am a highly professional individual from the Chicago land area and have been employed with top companies in my field. I have never experienced such unprofessional behavior from a potential employer in my life, and that is saying a lot as a minority female. The interviewers’ behavior border lined on racism and harassment.

Interview Questions

• "How did you not know that Anthropology was a career?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Very unprofessional interview with local sales manager. When I was told first thing that they were looking for "diversity' in the workplace I knew there were issues. Worst interview of all time and the Omaha branch has a nutcase as a manager!

Interview Questions