Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

2.9

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paychex in December 2015.

Interview

An internal recruiter responded to my application, and scheduled a 30 minute phone screening. I was then invited to take an online assessment, which I passed, as I was asked to meet with the hiring manager. At the end of the meeting, I was informed I'd go on a field ride and meet with the Zone Manager, after which a decision would be made.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Where do I begin. I applied for this position over the summer and it took roughly 8-10 weeks to complete. First Personality Assessment, phone interview, in person interview, another phone interview, Field day and a final interview. I was not happy with the lack of response I received from the DSM or anyone for that matter. The recruiter was really good about letting me know when he knew something, but I don't think he could do much about the EXTREMELY lengthy process either. I received zero feed back during the process, despite having a great interview. I followed up each interview with a thank you and continued to check in every week. During this time, I was able to find another sales position with a competing company that I ended up taking. No one has 3 months to interview for a job!!

Interview Questions

• Where else are you applying? Do you like the word "no?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Reading, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (North Reading, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial contact with recruiter. He offered the job description sounding somewhat desperate. Set up interview district manager first. Met with him and had a very basic conversation. Explained the job a little bit more and what they offer. I inquired about the next steps of interview process. He told me there would be a meeting with one of his peers, a shadow day with current rep and finally meet with zone manager. Had shadow day which was fine but takes up an entire day. I reached out to recruiter to follow up after first interview and shadow day, as requested to keep in contact. Never heard back until several weeks later to set up final interview with zone manager. This individual had the personality of a piece of cardboard. When I arrived at the office the woman who greeted me was very friendly and told me the manager was finishing up a call. As I waited, I saw maybe three employees and they all looked miserable. One was going out on an appt and flat out said to his co-worker that he "wasting his time on someone that already had everything and was a jerk." Great representation of your company and sales force, PAYCHEX! It was soooo quiet too. For a company that claims it's a team atmosphere and collaborative, that was definitely not the case in this office. Finally sat down with zone manager. He immediately gives off the impression that he believes he's better than you. I knew as soon as I began talking that this interview was going nowhere. He asked where I grew up and made a snide comment about where I did grow up. He asked what I did in high school. How were my grades, what extra curricular activities did I participate in. I told him what sports I played and he asked if I was a part of student government. None of these questions are pertinent to the job! He asked about college, which makes a little sense to ask about. Inquire about the candidates work history and performance and how they can apply their knowledge to the job. Who cares what they did in high school! Clearly, this is an individual that had a superiority complex and has stayed at his first job out of college due to the lack of social skills.

Interview Questions

• Did you participate in student government in high school?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose the college you went to?   1 Answer
    • Explain the sales cycle   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Miramar, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with 3 District Managers for an Outside Sales Representative position. No one showed up for 30 minutes. The girl at the front desk was very unprofessional, stuffing her face while answer phones and etc. Later I was told that all 3 managers needed to be at a meeting and someone was to inform me. Very unprofessional and very unorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process is rather lengthy about at least 3-4 weeks. I was contacted by an outside recruiter who screened me then put me in touch with an in-house recruiter who screened me again. She put me through a personality/skills assessment that takes an 1 hour and 45 minutes. We spoke a second time about my background. I then interviewed with district sales manger. Second interview would be with another equivalent sales manager and then regional head of sales. They are very upfront and clear about the overall process.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make? What was your W2 for prior year? Where do your see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

One interview by call followed by an interview at a Paychex office that included a surprise supervisor as well. The first interview by phone was a very easy interview, the second interviewer asked expected questions, while the third interviewer asked more difficult questions. It was all very respectful though.

Interview Questions

• They were focused heavily on finding out whether or not what I said on my resume was accurate. Also asked how I would essentially handle a major error with a customer.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter, interviewed and opted out of the process. In total the recruiter and interview process was quick and painless. Wanted to see the organizational fit for myself, but also how I fit according to me. Definitely come with some good questions to ask and any thing to make yourself stand out in a crowd of applicants.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in November 2014.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter contacting me on LinkedIn. The first step after that was a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment. A few days later I was contacted again by the recruiter who set up an interview for me with their District Sales Manager. They were very flexible with the interview and the manager was able to meet me near my current employer's office. A few days have passed and I am currently still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Role play with me how you currently try to sell you company's services.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone first with manager, then in person with Manager. Then a Myers-Briggs profile. Finally, a meeting with zone director. The zone manager was looking to confirm what the manager had communicated to them. Pretty much the zone manager call as to whether to hire or not.

Interview Questions

• Why I'm looking. What I did in the past. What I'm looking for. The Manager was gauging my interest and dedication. What does my ideal job look like. What do you know about our industry and competitors.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2018.

Interview

6 interviews, They pull your leg a lot for these interviews, asked so many STAR type questions it begins to get annoying. Zone managers are extremely rude so be ready for that.

Interview Questions

Paychex Response

Feb 26, 2018 – Employment Brand Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. We appreciate your honest feedback as it will help us improve our process for other candidates.