Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

Pretty long, strung out process and not very professional. First round phone screen, second round face to face interview with hiring manager. After this round the recruiter told me the hiring manager may not have a hiring position. third round shadow/ ride along.

Eventually it a final round was set with another Manager via video call and they were a bit rude and standoffish. After this, the recruiter went cold on me and we haven't spoken since. The rep that I shadowed/ new manager at least had the decency to inform me that they were considering an internal candidate and could not make any decisions until that person was considered.

Interview Questions

• What type of worker would your current manager describe you as?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in November 2014.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter contacting me on LinkedIn. The first step after that was a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment. A few days later I was contacted again by the recruiter who set up an interview for me with their District Sales Manager. They were very flexible with the interview and the manager was able to meet me near my current employer's office. A few days have passed and I am currently still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Role play with me how you currently try to sell you company's services.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Miramar, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with 3 District Managers for an Outside Sales Representative position. No one showed up for 30 minutes. The girl at the front desk was very unprofessional, stuffing her face while answer phones and etc. Later I was told that all 3 managers needed to be at a meeting and someone was to inform me. Very unprofessional and very unorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process is rather lengthy about at least 3-4 weeks. I was contacted by an outside recruiter who screened me then put me in touch with an in-house recruiter who screened me again. She put me through a personality/skills assessment that takes an 1 hour and 45 minutes. We spoke a second time about my background. I then interviewed with district sales manger. Second interview would be with another equivalent sales manager and then regional head of sales. They are very upfront and clear about the overall process.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make? What was your W2 for prior year? Where do your see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter, interviewed and opted out of the process. In total the recruiter and interview process was quick and painless. Wanted to see the organizational fit for myself, but also how I fit according to me. Definitely come with some good questions to ask and any thing to make yourself stand out in a crowd of applicants.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

One interview by call followed by an interview at a Paychex office that included a surprise supervisor as well. The first interview by phone was a very easy interview, the second interviewer asked expected questions, while the third interviewer asked more difficult questions. It was all very respectful though.

Interview Questions

• They were focused heavily on finding out whether or not what I said on my resume was accurate. Also asked how I would essentially handle a major error with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone first with manager, then in person with Manager. Then a Myers-Briggs profile. Finally, a meeting with zone director. The zone manager was looking to confirm what the manager had communicated to them. Pretty much the zone manager call as to whether to hire or not.

Interview Questions

• Why I'm looking. What I did in the past. What I'm looking for. The Manager was gauging my interest and dedication. What does my ideal job look like. What do you know about our industry and competitors.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2018.

Interview

6 interviews, They pull your leg a lot for these interviews, asked so many STAR type questions it begins to get annoying. Zone managers are extremely rude so be ready for that.

Interview Questions

Paychex Response

Feb 26, 2018 – Employment Brand Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. We appreciate your honest feedback as it will help us improve our process for other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Was a very long process, 5 interviews and one ride along with a current employee. I was very disappointed that the hiring manager didn't follow the timeline he said he would follow. He missed deadlines he set.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was a lot like the rep that recommended me.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Put an application in, was contacted shortly afterwards by a recruiter. Scheduled a phone screening, everything went great. Had a mix up about location preferences, so compromised and went to an interview in a location a few hours away and kept an open mind. Once I arrived, they didn’t have any seating, and they were in the middle of a business deal, so I had to stand and wait to be interviewed. Once I got in, I was interviewed by two people, definitely a good cop/bad cop routine with very pressing and interrogative interview techniques. I felt like I could’ve been a great opportunity, but it didn’t work out.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   Answer Question
    • We sell products that aren’t ‘sexy’ what makes you think that you could sell these products better than the next guy?   Answer Question