Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Was a very long process, 5 interviews and one ride along with a current employee. I was very disappointed that the hiring manager didn't follow the timeline he said he would follow. He missed deadlines he set.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was a lot like the rep that recommended me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Put an application in, was contacted shortly afterwards by a recruiter. Scheduled a phone screening, everything went great. Had a mix up about location preferences, so compromised and went to an interview in a location a few hours away and kept an open mind. Once I arrived, they didn’t have any seating, and they were in the middle of a business deal, so I had to stand and wait to be interviewed. Once I got in, I was interviewed by two people, definitely a good cop/bad cop routine with very pressing and interrogative interview techniques. I felt like I could’ve been a great opportunity, but it didn’t work out.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   Answer Question
    • We sell products that aren’t ‘sexy’ what makes you think that you could sell these products better than the next guy?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

It takes a long time. Contacted by recruiter who then puts you into contact with the District Sales Manager. Few phone interview with the other district managers as well as the zone manager

Interview Questions

Paychex Response

Mar 25, 2019 – Employment Brand Program Manager

Thank you for your review. Our process can be lengthy (though 3+ months is way longer than we'd like) as it's important to us that we ensure that the fit is mutual! We want you here & happy for a

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex in February 2018.

Interview

First started with a phone interview. After that I went in for a in person interview. I then had another phone interview and shadowed a rep in the field for half a day. After this was completed I got the job. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Email from Recruiter. Phone call with recruiter/panel interview.
    If you're skilled enough and good enough at your craft don't waste your time with this company. I can't speak for the company as a whole but the interviewers I interacted with were low-energy and gave off a "loser vibe". If you're already a skilled sales professional there are other roles out there that pay much more. I don't recommend this particular office. Highly unprofessional staff.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone call with the recruiter/talent acquisition specialist. Then there is a video interview. You are asked about 5 to 8 questions, and you are recording yourself and then submitting. You can try a few practice questions to get the feel of speaking into the camera and seeing yourself as you are being recorded. When the real deal comes around, after you read the question, you can not sit there and prepare for ever, the 30 second timer starts. You have about 3 minutes to answer each question. The questions range from how are you a good fit for this company, to describe a time in the past where you were successful (details).
    Next comes an assessment which asks some personality questions, but also some math questions and grammar questions. Very easy if you are a college grad or can pay attention.
    Then there is the face to face interview with a few people. It's basically to see if you'd fit on the team and to see if they like you because above all, they need someone they can feel like they trust and would absorb the training and information that is thrown at you if you do get hired. I believe if you then get invited back for the field ride along, you might be in, unless someone doesn't get a good vibe from you.

Interview Questions

• A time in your career that you are very proud of. What did you accomplish? Explain   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very professional. I met with one of the Managers and he was not very professional. There were negative remarks made regarding Paychex policies. I decided not to pursue employment after meeting with him.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex in April 2017.

Interview

Very slow, I felt as if the recruiter was not helpful whatsoever in the interview process. The process involves first taking an online test, then a video interview screening then an interview with the manager to then be ask to do a field day with a sales rep, but not being told it would be a full day 9-5 taking a full day out of my time-no consideration, then after a wasted full day never to be called emailed or heard back from anyone after my numerous calls emails inquiring as to what the next step would be..Needless to say I find it very unprofessional and inconsiderate to not at the very least have a final follow up

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

I was in constant contact with the recruiter, they were quick to answer the phone and always called me and e-mailed me immediately. They were also prompt on LinkedIn messaging. After taking and passing the video and online tests, I drove over 2 hours for a 30 minute interview. I was told to wear a full suit and tie - nobody wears ties anymore unless its a wedding or funeral - but I uncomfortably did it anyway. After observing how "things are done" in the office and what is expected, I can see they are taking their sales tips and tactics straight from the film "Boiler Room". I was expecting Vin Diesel to come out and tell me to "Get out of here!" at any moment, which I gladly would have. It appears to be a cutthroat outfit with money being the only motivator regardless of ethics. I still followed up with e-mails and phone calls within 12 hours. After that, everyone became non-existent. The once "at the ready" recruiter stopped responding to all forms of communication and the interviewer never responded to emails or calls - even though he told me I would be moving to the next round and promised a follow-up call the following Monday. One of the most unprofessional "professional" companies to have ever interviewed with. Steer clear.

Interview Questions

• Asked 3 times - What do you look for when you interview people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty fast. I submitted an application via company website after being recruited by their competition but wanted to pursue Paychex. Received an invitation for a digtial interview and then was invited for an in person interview with two sales managers. Interview went well and I was enthusiastic about joining the team until the next interview came around which included a field ride along for the day. Many things that I noticed about this particular office-
    1. The managers were 45 minutes late, I was asked to arrive at 8:30am and the interview didn't start until 9:15-9:20am. That shows there is no respect for my time. During the interview the district manager tried to intimidate and scare me out of the job which was terrible, didn't intimidate me and an automatic indicator that there was no interest in my resume. Paychex advertises themselves from outdated rankings that were received in 2007 for being one of the best companies to work for, there isn't anything up to date from 2007 that proves that statistic. The company claims that potential candidates must have outside b2b sales expereince which I possessed six years of, however the office had tons of fresh out of college students with absolutely no sales experience. There was zero culture diversity at this office as well. At the end of the day, I sent a thank you email just to be professional to the whole team and did not get a response, at that point I became completely uninterested in the company and the feeling was mutual. I found out that I didn't get the job two days later by seeing a LinkedIn post by the manager who interviewed me, knowing that we were connected, about searching for an individual to join the team. Seemed extremely shady and unprofessional in my opinion. A follow up email to indicate that I didn't get the job would've been more professional. At the end of the day, Paychex may have been a good company to work for a decade ago but I see a company like this going as a joke now and going down the drain. Zero ethics and a completely unprofessional staff.