Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

This was very long process and rightfully so. They invest a great deal in you for the training in New York. I was interviewed for a payroll sales position and then was introduced to a 401k manager instead, did the ride day, and two phone interviews with the DSM and Zone Manager. I was then told no, but they really liked me, so I received a second opportunity with the payroll division. I, again, went on the ride day and had a phone interview with the DSM. I was then offered the job.

All in:
Recruiter 20 minute phone interview to gauge communication skills and ability for position.

Then a digital video interview which was extremely uncomfortable, but just be confident!

I then came in for a in person interview. Then was invited back for a follow up in person interview. Went on two field rides, and had a total of 3 more phone interviews.

Highlights: Jody was my recruiter for the positions and she was amazing. Extremely helpful and comforting throughout the process. Additionally, my conversation with the DSM was phenomenal and a truly enlightening experience. He brought out the true reasons why I wanted to work for Paychex and why I can succeed in the role.

This was an extremely long process, but was the job I wanted and I was willing to go through it all. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why Paychex?   Answer Question
  • What is your greatest 3 character traits and what are 3 character traits you could see impacting your success?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you would be good for outside sales?   Answer Question
  • Why would you be better for this role than someone with more experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New Orleans, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who prepped me for my 1st interview which was face-to-face with the District Sales Manager at a coffee shop. 2nd 'interview' was a series of prerecorded questions with a 2-3 minute period afterwards to record your response. 3rd interview was face-to-face with the District Sales Manager in the local office followed by a 'ride-along' day with another Sales Rep. 4th interview was conducted over the phone with the Zone Manager. I received a job offer after the 4th interview.

Interview Questions

• Take me back to when you were in high school, what did you outside of your schoolwork?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

Pretty long, strung out process and not very professional. First round phone screen, second round face to face interview with hiring manager. After this round the recruiter told me the hiring manager may not have a hiring position. third round shadow/ ride along.

Eventually it a final round was set with another Manager via video call and they were a bit rude and standoffish. After this, the recruiter went cold on me and we haven't spoken since. The rep that I shadowed/ new manager at least had the decency to inform me that they were considering an internal candidate and could not make any decisions until that person was considered.

Interview Questions

• What type of worker would your current manager describe you as?   1 Answer