Paychex Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.2

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Very rigorous process involving at least three different interviews with multiple people; a ride along; phone interview with recruiter followed by in person interview with 2 managers followed by a ride along with a current sales rep followed by another interview with some manager

Interview Questions

• What characteristics from your previous job makes you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

4 part interview process, took about 2 weeks. hard to get through but was worth it to see inside the company get a feel for what the job was

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY).

Interview

multiple face to face interviews with various forms of management. also, I rep ride along to see day in the life. Typically sales skills, strengths, weaknesses type of questions. Want to to hear that you are highly self motivated, as well as a team player (for referring in colleagues who sell other services). Great experience.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Many layers in the interview process. Application, phone interview, testing, follow up, two in person. Applications to hire ratio is about 80/1. Completely worth the process though. On boarding and training are best in class

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you get a no?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating with the sales consultant position.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by recruiter for phone interview. First interview with Sales Manager in local office. Second interview with Zone Manager, who gives approval to sales manager.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex in March 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn. He did a typical phone screening and asked about my experience.

I met with the hiring manager and did a ride along with a rep. After that I spoke to the hiring manager again to go over salary and expectations for the position. I was offered the job that day.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. They just want to make sure you are comfortable in front of people.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

2 or 3 phone interviews and a live interview with my sales manager. Math test, personality test, and background check, all the info was on the careers page on the website. It's very clear!

Interview Questions

• How much business did you write per month? How do you get your leads or business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try negotiations because I wanted the job so much! They were flexible to my prior engagement on start dates.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a friend that was an Internal Employee, and she submitted my resume to the corporate recruiter. After the initial phone interview with a corporate recruiter, she submmited by resume to the District I applied to. After my phone intervew with the District Sales Manager, I had an in-person interview with two District Sales Managers. The last step was a phone interview with the Zone Manager (manages multiple Districts). Once all the interviews were completed, the District Sales Manager extended the offer over the phone right away.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Explain an obstacle you overcame.
      What motivates you?
      What are your overall career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The base salary was set along with the car/phone allowance.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Baltimore, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Can You Tell Me About Yourself?Can You Tell Me About a Time When …How Will You Contribute to the Company?What is a Specific Example of the Biggest Professional Challenge You Have Faced?How Would You Solve …

Interview Questions

• In what areas would you like to develop further? What are your plans to do that?”

“What are some positive aspects of your last employment/employer? What are some negative aspects?”

“What do you think about SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)?”

“What are your career path interests?”

“What do you know about our company?”

“Why should we hire YOU?”

“If the position required it, would you be willing to travel?”

“If the position required it, would you be willing to relocate?”   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was strange because I was already with the company so it was a fairly easy process and not much explanation other than you want me to be on your team. I made good numbers in my entry level role so much of the interview process was more me interviewing the office