Paychex Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paychex (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was intense. I did a total of six interviews. First on the career fair (which was informal), then a phone interview. Third with a District manager at San Bruno, Fourth was a panel interview with two District managers at San Ramon, California. The fifth was another panel interview with a District manager and Zone manager. The last interview was a short one prior to the offer of employment by my District manager. Whew!

Interview Questions

• what motivates you? does money motivate you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Everything went well in the beginning. I applied online and a recruiter contacted me shortly. After the initial phone screening, if you made it to the next round you are asked to take an assessment test and video interview through HireVue. The recruiter seemed nice and spoke highly about the company and all its perks and that my expense would be covered. Let's just say that didn't happen. The interview was with one of the District Managers and it went well in the beginning but towards the end, I felt like the DM was insulting by asking me if I knew what certain things were- which I'm sure an elementary student would know. I strongly disliked how the interview ended but I still thought that things can work out. I asked about my expensive being covered and I was told that the recruiter had given me false information. I called and emailed the recruiter before and after the interview and never got a response. From there, I questioned the ethics of this company. A week later I received a generic email stating that they will not be moving forward. I take denial well but I would have appreciated if I have not been told something that was not true, returned a phone call or email, and/or personalized the denial letter by AT LEAST signing off on it. The email I received was from a "no-reply" email address... rude.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face, testing, ride along with current rep, interview, 2 weeks in Rochester, NY - take mandatory payroll/benefits test at end. Failure of test leads to automatic termination.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you found out a co-worker was working unethically?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

4 step hiring process. 1) Initial phone interview with corporate recruiter 2) Face to face interview with two district sales managers 3) Ride along 4) Final interview with Sales Director

Phone interview with the corporate recruiter goes over position being applied for and related work experience. If qualifications are met then you proceed to in person interview.

Face to face with DSMs was great. Both were incredibly nice and really want to hear all about my past experience, past successes and reason(s) why I am currently applying for said position. There were a lot of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). But mostly it was very conversational. Best advise is to be yourself and directly answer their questions with your own thoughts and not ones you see online (they want to know about YOU). Next step if all checks out is a ride along with one of their team members.

Ride along was a lot of fun. Went on appointments, cold called and dropped in to visit current customers. After the ride along I was scheduled for final
    Interview.

Final interview was great! The sales director is super nice but was ready to deep dive into details of my past education and work experience. I was then asked more behavioral questions and how I will bring success to Paychex.

The follow week I got a call offering me the job which is excitedly accepted!

My biggest advice would be to be YOURSELF and be in constant contact with the recruiter. If you are just looking for a “job” then I’d keep looking because Paychex is only looking for career motivated individuals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were stressed and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had multiple projects being worked on with the deadline right around the corner and how you prioritized them.   Answer Question
    • Who is your favorite boss? Who is your least favorite boss? Why?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time there was conflict with a team member. How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in February 2010.

Interview

First is a phone interview then if you pass a face to face interview is set up with a manager. Before you meet with the manager they give you a math test that is very hard. If the first manager likes you they have you interview with the other managers in the office. then you are given a personality test that takes around an hour. Then if they like the results you meet with the regional manager. Got the feeling they want you to beg to work for them. If you are not interested in the position you would not go through their interview process for a entry level sales job

Interview Questions

• why would you leave your job without a new one   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in March 2010.

Interview

First 1:1 interview was very casual and easy. Caliper and math tests were administered. Both tests were easy but Caliper was extremely long. Group interview was the hardest interview I have ever had. Notified me of my "hire with reservations" score on the Caliper test. Heard from the grapevine (current employee) that I was going to be offer the position, but didn't receive the offer until I called the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation... asked for higher base since my previous base was 2X, but was told higher potential with commissions... hmmm... expense (mileage, phone) was a bit higher than standard, however, territory was switched after training, which now makes expense allowance not covering mileage.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2012.

Interview

process began with recruiter calling me and doing initial interview over the phone. You have to then fill out a career history form. It's purpose is to ensure you are willing to provide names of your past and present supervisors and your wllingness to grant permission to contact them. Then you are presented with a math test geared for someone who just graduated college. There are 50 questions you must answer 16 correctly or you are out. Initial interview with stuffy manager. Second interview with another manager which is geared towards ensuring you are compatible and they go through your resume and ask how you sell today and what your sales cycle is. Personality test , then go on to meet a district manager and do role plays with both managers. They are looking for candidates that can do one call closes. It didn't seem like they were interested in a consulative sales approach for customers. My impression is that they are interested in hiring younger candidates for their sales positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a prospect they would need Paychex's services which are at a premium cost?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2010.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter, then you will meet with the managers in the office, and they will call you back weeks later to meet with them again and give you the offer if they have an opening.

Not enough money