Paychex Small Business Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Small Business Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a video interview (pre-recorded questions). Then followed by an in person interview with district manager, followed by ride along with one of the office current team member and if district manager decides to move you to the next step final phone interview with sales director.

Extremely fast and transparent process if you are the right fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to not only talk about your numbers but prove your numbers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Lake Mary, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. 1 video and came back to the office 3 times for a face to face interview. Did not get an offer but felt it was pretty extreme to have me come back so many times to be asked the same questions.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

It was over a two week period, I was referred in. First a phone interview, then face to face interview with manager, a few days later a field ride with employee, 2nd round interview with District Manager, and phone interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you pick yourself up when you're out in the field having a rough day   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (Norwalk, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a pretty straight forward one. I met with the two managers in the territory office and then had a phone interview with the District Manager. I also did one ride along with another sales rep. They performed a background check and drug test and i was called in to start.

Interview Questions

• If a prospective client declines, do you say okay and leave or do you ask more questions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Washington, DC) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview with my boss. Later a Caliper test and Math Test. Then a field ride with another rep (8am-3pm), followed by another short interview with my boss. Then a final interview with my boss (District Sales Manager) and his boss (Regional Sales Manager). This last interview was the longest and most intense.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of your toughest sell career to date and how you were able to close the deal. What type of closing technique did you use, and when did you decide to utilize that technique.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't in a position to negotiate. I wanted to position as badly as I needed the position.