Paychex Interview Questions in Webster, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Webster, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

An initial hour long phone screen with hiring manager followed by an afternoon onsite group panel interview session with half a dozen team members. All of the participants had a few pages of scenarios and questions that they took turns asking me. They were scoring my answers as I gave them, including a portion of drawing system designs on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us a time you created or significantly updated a system architecture. What steps did you do to ensure it was successful? What were the results? How was it received? Did you receive any resistance?   Answer Question

Enterprise Mobility Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (Webster, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

This position is generally for the college student who needs a first job experience as an internship. They want someone who can talk on the phones be personable, but have good problem solving skills. Being able to talk phones with coworkers helps a lot during the interview too!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite phone and why?

Android or iOS device? why?

talk about any phone experience you have used in the past   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Webster, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Started with a telephone screen. Was short and non-technical. Really just to say hello, brief me about the position, and then inform me about expecting a follow-up email with schedule for the in-person interview.

The formal interview started with a conversation with the position's manager to be. He expressed he was fine with my limited experience with the required technologies so long as I was a smart person who could learn on the job, and that I would fit in with the group.

Next I was given a "math" test. I was told to focus on getting correct every answered question, rather than worrying about finishing. The questions were VERY basic. For example, "If 40 apples cost $5.00, how many apples can you buy for $3.00?" I was given 16 minutes to answer 55 questions of this sort. A calculator was provided, although completely unnecessary. About 8 minutes in, and 75% of the way through the test, a man entered my testing room (just of the main lobby) and started asking me questions - he was looking for someone. I wasted 3-4 minutes helping him find the receptionist, and by the time I got back to the test, I only had enough time to complete 52 of the 55 questions. To this day I question whether the interruption was part of the "test" or not. I wasn't concerned about not answering 3 questions though, as the interviewing manager told me he didn't finish when he was interviewing.

Next I spoke with someone that was not on the itinerary. He spoke at me for about 90% of the 15 minutes I was with him, then finally asked me for a 1 minute summary of my work experience and to also describe a situation in which I was required to learn new skills and how that worked out.

Finally I spoke to the last person on the itinerary who was the boss of the previous to gentlemen. He asked the same "brief overview of experience" question, talked mostly about the company hierarchy and "agile" management policy, then allowed me to ask questions.

The whole thing took ~2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were required to learn a new skill and how that worked out.   Answer Question

Contract Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Webster, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview with the contract house was simple and more about getting informed than proving that I was the right candidate for the position. The contract house was asking for experience that I have yet to see a need for at the position.
    There was no interview at Paychex.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience do you have?   1 Answer