Paycom Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Account Executive Interview Questions

2.6

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I went through a screening with a recruiter who reached out to me directly and then a Skype interview with a Paycom HR representative. Process was very easy, relaxed and straightforward. No tricks or gimmicks. I realized the position wasn't what I was looking for and notified the recruiter so as to not waste the time of a hiring manager on the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why would your past experiences make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was on the phone because the recruiter could not get Skype to work.
    She was kind of new and having a hard time with the computer so she came off rude and unappealing.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

Please reach out to our director of recruiting at tiffany.mcgowen@paycomonline.com to explain further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter about the position and was told that I had a solid background for the position and setup an in-person interview at the office in Chicago with the Sales Manager. My first interview was straight forward, pretty basic questions. Tell me about a time... Why are you a good fit for Paycom?

Made it to the second round and had a webcam interview with the regional sales manager. Much more thorough of an interview, really checking to see why you want to sell payroll and work for them. I sold myself and was moved on to a phone canvassing session back in the Chicago office.

I showed up on a Friday morning for a 4 hour cold calling session. You are given a list of numbers to call, a brief script to practice with prior and left to your own devices. They expect you to land 3 confirmed appointments in 4 hours, which is incredibly difficult in that industry. I went on to cold call and land THREE appointments in the allotted time.

The recruiter reached out to me a few days later and told me they were going with someone else. I recommend following up and really getting to know the people in the office you visit as best you can. I feel like they have a strong influence on your hiring managers decision.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a third party recruiter, had initial phone screen with recruiter. Then I had a phone conversation with the Business Office Manager, went down and met him in person, after about an hour interview he asked me to speak with his regional manager. Regional manager was in a different part of the country so I did a skype interview. After that interview was asked to come back for a "mock work day" where you had to try and set as many meetings as you could via cold calling before lunch. Finally after that half day, sitting with the team, and having final conversations with Office Manager, I was supposed to meet the VP for a final conversation. Ended up declining moving forward for personal reasons. However, seemed like a good opportunity for entry level, I already had a couple years of sales experience so I was conflicted to accept a new offer to start over. Good place to interview and work if you are looking to test out sales, interview process might be overwhelming for recent grads, but there looks to be long term opportunity and descent salary for entry level.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty cut and dry. They want to know who you are, your ambitions, and if you're a right fit the organization as this is a tough sales job, but had good compensation from my understanding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

I walked in for the interview and the environment was very loud, and I could easily overhear loud laughter and relatively inappropriate jokes coming from a group of 20-somethings (I myself am in my mid twenties) who were very near to the reception area of their office. During the interview the Sales manager whop interviewed me did not seem to want to be there. He consistently yawned throughout the interview and took out his smart phone, playing with the screen.