Paycom Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Paycom

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Pasadena, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Paycom has a very structured interview process:

An internal recruiter reached out to me on linked in. Had a 30 min call first with the recruiter. She texted me that day and was very encouraging - helped prepare me to be successful in the next interview. She emailed me an application packet at that point and a culture screening personality test (non-timed). We scheduled the interview with the next decision maker for the following morning and she asked me to do this paperwork before the interview. Interview was over zoom.

Unfortunately I didn't make it past that round but it was a great experience - I gleaned a lot of knowledge about the industry I wanted to move into and the recruiter took the time to call me and give me feedback. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• - What’s your close rate?
    - What’s your sales process? If I called you right now?
    - Why do you want to move into SaaS?
    - Where else have you applied?
    - I gave my reason for leaving my current role as lack of professional development. Their follow up question was, if you don't have much room for professional development in your current role, what about your manager? Who do you report to?
    - What is your underlying driver at work (eg money/learning?)   Answer Question

Feb 3, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your interest in a career at Paycom, and we wish you great success in all of your future endeavors!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

The Recruiter from Irvine reached out to me via LinkedIn with a prospecting email. I accepted her invitation to have a general cal to understand more about the role and company. After speaking it was discussed that the Account Management role more aligns with my experience rather than new business and I was passed to a second recruiter in Dallas. My first call was very pleasant mainly asked me questions about my experience and says I’d be a good fit. Keep in mind I didn’t actually ever apply, THEY reached out to me... I am happy in a current position, not actively looking, but open to other opps. Once I’m handed over to the Dallas recruiter I had the honest shortest “interview” in my life. She actually asked me ONE question and lasted only 15 minutes saying “you’re doing well, what works for you”. And that was the call. She says she’s going to confirm with local management then follow up the next day. Day goes by, no follow up. Week goes by, no follow up but standard reject email. Only reason I am writing a negative experience is because it’s working with recruiters like this is what makes the process so irritating. Follow up if you’re saying you will. - business 101, organization 101. If you don’t plan to, just say it? Also, don’t reach out to me on LinkedIn promoting a job TO ME, then have a lack of professionalism on the following. It’s really annoying to take time out of our day to have calls, and not be followed up as a normal courtesy, when they’re the ones actually headhunting in the first place. I highly recommend the recruiters take a course on actual relevant interview questions so there is a real takeaway conversation rather than one that lasts 15 minutes when I’ve done the exact same job as this😂 Really not taking it personal or unhappy about it as I have many opportunities, but the recruiting process was just too ridiculous not to highlight on here for the business to see. One thing I would point out as another red flag when I google “payroll software, talent management software” and literally nothing comes up. Something to think about in terms of marketing.....

Interview Questions

• “You’re doing well obviously, why do you think what you do works?”   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Please know your time is important to us and your experience does not meet our standard expectations. We would like to discuss this further. Please reach out to our VP of recruiting , Tiffany McGowen, tiffany.mcgowen@paycomonline.com.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out hours after applying for the position. Scheduled a call and went from there. The recruiter who screened me acted like she had no interest nor any idea about the position or what I was talking about. I explained my current role and sales history and all I was getting in return was an “Ok”. I felt as if she had no clue what I was talking about majority of the time.

From there, I waited a few days and sent her a follow up message on LinkedIn, saw she read it and didn’t give me a single response back. Messaged her again a few days later, same thing. Then a couple weeks later, received an automatic email from Paycom stating that they decided to go in another direction.

Overall, I feel that if they had a competent person doing the phone screening, they would’ve had a better hand on my sales experience and what I could bring to the table.

Just a bit of advise. If someone is interviewing a candidate for a sales role, it would be helpful for that person to understand the sales process and how certain things work.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 23, 2019 – Paycom Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your unpleasant interview experience and the lack of communication. We would like to connect you with our VP of recruiting to discuss further. Please contact Tiffany McGowen at tiffany.mcgowen@paycomonline.com.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

The first interview is a FaceTime call. The interviewer was very young (which I thought was encouraging). They had some sort of informal mix up, which caused them to no call, no show on the first attempt. After rescheduling, we had a 30 minute Skype. Very basic interview, no curve balls, not a role that generated a whole lot of excitement on my end. Left a voicemail for the recruiter afterwards and never heard back or followed up. Sounded like a role I’d accept if I was jobless, but not one worth leaving a stable working situation.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 12, 2019 – Paycom Representative

We’re saddened to hear of your experience with Paycom and the lack of communication. Our director of sales recruiting would like to know more about your situation, if comfortable, please reach out to Holly Carpenter at holly.carpenter@paycomonline.com.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2018.

Interview

12/13/18 -

I was contacted on LinkedIn with a boilerplate email "Our Manager is Impressed by Your Profile". I'm always open for a conversation so, sure, let's chat. Phone Interview scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 12/18/18.

12/18/18 -

2:30 p.m. - I receive a text; "I'm so sorry to do this but......."

Interview is rescheduled for 2:30 on Friday, 12/21/18

12/21/18 -

2:30 p.m. - Crickets - No Phone Call, Text, Email or LinkedIn Message. No contact at all.

I didn't bother to reach out. This is twice now that I was expecting a call I never received based on YOU reaching out to me. If you're interview isn't any more professional than this, I'm not interested in hearing what you have to offer to me as an employee.

Jan 24, 2019 – Paycom Representative

We are very sorry to hear your experience was not up to our standards. Your time is important and the overall candidate experience is something we take very seriously. Our director of sales recruiting would appreciate you connecting with her to learn more about this your interview process and if appropriate use it as a coaching opportunity for those involved. Please email holly.carpenter@paycomonline.com so she can look into this further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

After replying I received a generic email where I was able to schedule my phone interview.
    The phone interview was 50 minutes long. It covered my accomplishments from high school, college, every part time job, through my most recent positions. This is 12+ years of personal history.
    They wanted to every leadership position and award. Why I left every job in detail.
    The interview ended with Wayland (my interviewer) telling me I would receive an email with a culture quiz to make sure I was a good fit for the company. After the quiz I would then do another interview with potentially one more follow up interview after that.

During the 50 minutes Wayland seemed distracted and didn't seem to care about my answers. Just kept asking the next question. Sometimes He asked the same question twice or asked a follow up question that I had answered in my previous statement. It was clear he was just reading a script.
    I waited 4 business days for the culture quiz before reaching out to the only phone number I was given in the scheduling emails. (The same number the interviewer called me on) This led me to a voicemail and I have yet to receive any feedback or follow up emails. That was as of this review 7 business days. Wayland said on the phone this was for an immediate hire position. Doesn't seem that way to me.

Interview Questions

• What were your accomplishments in high school? Were you a leader in any groups? What about in college?   Answer Question
    • What was your highest achievement (in each job, I was asked this for every position I held) and how were you recognized?
      (It seemed on the call that if you weren't recognized with a promotion or specific award they don't consider it an achievement)   Answer Question

Feb 27, 2018 – Representative

We appreciate your detailed account of your interview process. One of our agency partners worked with you on this position. We would like to discuss your experience further, so we can ensure our partners are adhering to our interview processes and standards. Please email careers@paycomonline.com.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First step for me was a skype interview. The interviewer treated it like a regular phone call and would hardly look at me, was very frustrating and awkward as she stared at her computer screen the whole time.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 9, 2018 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your interview experience and appreciate your feedback regarding the on-camera interview portion. We will relay this to our director of recruiting. We wish you the best during your career search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process is LONG! If you’re not in OKC then you will have to do all of the interviews via FaceTime. First you interview with the recruiter, next a regional manager, then a regional director and finally the VP. I got up to the regional director and told me If all goes well then I would speak with the VP. The regional director interview was 40 mins and it’s all general questions on your background going as far back as college. Overall, I know the interview went great. I have 6 years of sales experience on top of my degree. 2 voicemails later and an email and I haven’t heard back since. For a company who glorifies itself on being a great Human Resources tool, it would be great to at least get a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 22, 2017 – Representative

I’m sorry you have not heard back regarding your interview. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our candidates and this includes informing individuals of the unfortunate decision to not move forward. The director of sales recruiting has been notified of your situation. We wish you the best of luck in your career endeavors.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy application, got a call and email to set up a FaceTime interview the next day. Simple questions, however interviewer did not seem to engaged with my answers and seemed like it was just "a process" for her. Lasted about 30 minutes. Did not get the second interview and upon more research there is even a third interview/job shadow.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 15, 2017 – Representative

Best of luck during your career search. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.