Paycom Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

3.2

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy application, got a call and email to set up a FaceTime interview the next day. Simple questions, however interviewer did not seem to engaged with my answers and seemed like it was just "a process" for her. Lasted about 30 minutes. Did not get the second interview and upon more research there is even a third interview/job shadow.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 15, 2017 – Representative

Best of luck during your career search. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Originally applied for admin assist. She said it didn't pay what I wanted but I could apply for acct manager. Phone interview went well, in person interview was hard, he seemed busy like he didn't have time for this. Also have to take math test, online assessments, typing &a data entry test and Ms excel test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hiring managers. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Everyone was very open about what the job entails. Everyone I met with was extremely nice and considerate. I loved the amount of time each person took to get to know me. I talked to my recruiter, the manager, did a ride along and met with the director and VP-- long process but I understand why. I had to role play during the last interview so I was a little nervous at first, but ended up being more excited about the position. I didn't get the offer, but I plan on getting more experience and apply in 6 months!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for Miami position first and did phone as well as face time interview. Was told she would be in touch in a couple days. Never heard from her. Decided to apply for Tampa position a month later and got the call and was apologized to for never hearing back about Miami. Did three face time interviews, one with the recruiter, one with the manager l, and one with the VP of client relations. They then wanted me to come down and do a ride day and gave me barely 24 hrs notice I happily drove 6 hrs to Tampa 12 hrs after I had just drove back from Atlanta to my home in the panhandle. Ride day went well and was once again told they'd be in touch. I sent a follow up email to the manager and thanked her for inviting me down. A week later I get an email from the HR departments email address, not the recruiter I've been working with. It said thanks for applying to the sales representative position but they'd decided to move in a different direction. This is an email id expect had I filled out an online app and they weren't even interested, not to mention after all the interviewing and participation I would at least think I deserve the respect of a phone call. Also I didn't even apply for a sales representative position. I emailed the recruiter and asked if I had received it in error, no reply. A couple days later I emailed her again and she said they were doing one last ride day with another candidate and that she would call me the following day with feedback. I bet you can guess what happened! No phone call or email. Absolutely astounded at the lack of professionalism with this company and quite curious how they have gotten such wonderful glass door reviews with these kind of communication skills. It's funny how things work out though, I was offered the same job with their competitor in the same exact area to target Paycom customers. I love how karma decides to put her hat into the mix every now and then.

Interview Questions

• Why are you searching for a new position?   1 Answer

Feb 24, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with us and have informed our director of recruiting. We greatly value your time and have high standards for our interview process. One of our ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

The most difficult part of this interview was a phone interview, then taking 3 tests online, then taking another test onsite, then having an in person interview. I was told I should hear by the end of the week. I never heard back. Not even an email.

Interview Questions

• The questions were simple and extremely typical of an interview.   Answer Question

Mar 18, 2014 – Representative

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back following your interview. Please reach out to your recruiter or staffing agency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

A recruiter set me up for, what looked like, a great opportunity. Seems to have great online presence, base salary and commission structure. I was 15 minutes early to the interview... He was 45 minutes late and called me by the wrong name... (life happens... no worries). After giving me a speech on how every interview should have an equal amount of time and shows no favorites... he then asked me pointed questions and belittled my current company. After all was said and done he told me, "looks like you have some current business to take care of, here is my card... call me when your 100% ready" ... over the weekend had time to process and decided to call. called him over 10 times, left voice mails and messages... no response.

Very unprofessional. Not living up to your word is the point; Lack of credibility. this is only 1 manager at 1 branch... hope others have a better experience.

Nov 19, 2013 – Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

I was found by a hiring agency looking to fill a position working for Paycom. I was interested in an outside sales position so I did my research and met with there sales manager. She was very outgoing and loved the company she worked for. She was looking for someone that would be Extremely driven (emphasis on extremely). Self motivation is huge in this company and a positive attitude is a must. The interview questions and follow up questions were intended to push you into a corner. If you deal well under pressure... you are fine. I felt that the interview was okay, but i walked away knowing that the job wasnot a fit for either of us.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience: How does it apply to an outside sales position focused on payroll solutions?   Answer Question