Paycom Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Originally applied for admin assist. She said it didn't pay what I wanted but I could apply for acct manager. Phone interview went well, in person interview was hard, he seemed busy like he didn't have time for this. Also have to take math test, online assessments, typing &a data entry test and Ms excel test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hiring managers. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Everyone was very open about what the job entails. Everyone I met with was extremely nice and considerate. I loved the amount of time each person took to get to know me. I talked to my recruiter, the manager, did a ride along and met with the director and VP-- long process but I understand why. I had to role play during the last interview so I was a little nervous at first, but ended up being more excited about the position. I didn't get the offer, but I plan on getting more experience and apply in 6 months!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

The most difficult part of this interview was a phone interview, then taking 3 tests online, then taking another test onsite, then having an in person interview. I was told I should hear by the end of the week. I never heard back. Not even an email.

Interview Questions

• The questions were simple and extremely typical of an interview.   Answer Question

Mar 18, 2014 – Representative

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back following your interview. Please reach out to your recruiter or staffing agency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

I was found by a hiring agency looking to fill a position working for Paycom. I was interested in an outside sales position so I did my research and met with there sales manager. She was very outgoing and loved the company she worked for. She was looking for someone that would be Extremely driven (emphasis on extremely). Self motivation is huge in this company and a positive attitude is a must. The interview questions and follow up questions were intended to push you into a corner. If you deal well under pressure... you are fine. I felt that the interview was okay, but i walked away knowing that the job wasnot a fit for either of us.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience: How does it apply to an outside sales position focused on payroll solutions?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy application, got a call and email to set up a FaceTime interview the next day. Simple questions, however interviewer did not seem to engaged with my answers and seemed like it was just "a process" for her. Lasted about 30 minutes. Did not get the second interview and upon more research there is even a third interview/job shadow.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 15, 2017 – Representative

Best of luck during your career search. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Bad experience. The person that was interviewing me was late for 30 minutes, then barely apologized. Then, at the end I rejected the offer because the company doesn't seem to appreciate diversity. To me, that is very important. Go the their website, you only see caucasian males and females.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 21, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for your feedback. If an interviewer is going to be late for an interview the candidate should be aware in the event it needs to be rescheduled. We hope that was the case for you. Paycom is ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process. 4 video calls and a ride along with a rep. Overall most everyone was very nice and helpful. The recruiter is super involved and coaches you through most every step of the interview. I think it's great they have you go on a ride along because that's when you really see what it's all about.

Interview Questions

• Why Paycom?
      What makes you good at sales?
      Why are you leaving current role?
      Answer Question

- Heels required everyday for women, which I find sexist and absurd. You can definitely look polished and dressed up in flats.
    - No equipment provided! What in the world?! You need to do all work on your phone when you're out in the field (which is most of the week) and use your personal computer for the guaranteed work you'll be doing at home. For a SAAS company, that's insane and embarrassing. Yes, they give you something like $25/month for your phone bill, but we all know phone plans and a decent phone will cost you much more than that per month.
    - I got a sense that religion seems to be apart of the organization or at least for many of the people working there. Not the worst thing, but that was a turn off for me. I don't think it should be shared openly in the work place.
    - VP of clients relations was extremely distracted during the interview and was on her phone texting at some points. She was pretty intense, which is fine, but also borderline inappropriate at times talking about her personal life. I just didn't expect the lack of professionalism and abrasive personality from the Vice President of client relations of all departments.

The earnings they advertise for a first year rep is quite unrealistic according to the rep I rode with. I was alarmed when the VP of client relations couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me the turn over rate of the role or what percentage of reps were making their quota. It's clear that in order to be somewhat successful, this job needs to be your entire life. Be prepared to live off the 45K base for at least 6 months while you get your bearings and work on making your first sale. Might be an ok position for someone looking to put a publicly traded company on their resume, but be prepared to be a workhorse and cover many of your own expenses to get the job done.

Jun 17, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to continually improve the interview process and provide candidates the best experience possible and it is unfortunate you believe it fell short. We’re glad ... More

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Questions

• Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short and sweet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn and had several conversations with him and submitted an online application directly to the Charlotte office. When invited to the office, I waited 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time (which I showed up 15 minutes early for) before asking someone what was going on. I was brought to the hiring manager's office where she told me she forgot, apologized, but then given a rushed 5 minute Q&A session and told I'd be contacted in a couple days. I told them not to waste their time.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be picked over the other candidates.   1 Answer

See hiring and interview process.