Paycom Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

3.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I met with two individuals. They were both very kind but asked difficult questions. They were not only trying to see if I was a fit for Paycom, but if Paycom was a fit for me! I left feeling challenged but exciting about my potential career! I received an offer before the end of the day! I had an overall great experience!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 19, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

Not applicable. The system auto flagged my application, and in less than 24 hours my application was rejected. I spoke to a recruiter (as I was tempted to file an EEOC complaint against the company) and discovered they do not like applicants who have a short tenure. If you're a prior military spouse don't bother. It's legal for them to dismiss a highly qualified applicant simply because of short tenure at prior employers- they don't care if you were impacted by company-wide layoffs, budget cuts, etc., Additionally, if you live more than 20 miles away you will not be considered.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We wish... More

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, skills review testing, and two in person interviews before landing the job. The recruiters handled the phone screenings before passing me off to one of the department managers. I met with him, although he seemed to have a lot on his mind during the interview. He could not provide me with any sort of job description as it was a new position to the company, despite having admin job descriptions for other departments. After the first one on one interview I met with my supervisor's supervisor who was seemingly more composed, but not nearly as personable to begin with. The second in person interview was definitely the hardest as I was presented with more in depth questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year plan?
      Why are you a good candidate for this position?
      List 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Feb 7, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! With all positions there should be a job description if they are interviewing to fill a spot. We are looking into that concern. Thank you for sharing your candid interview... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, first of all I applied for Administrative Assistant, I was then told I would instead be interviewing for Paycom Specialist. So, I did my research and prepared my interview around that position. However once I get to the interview I am told I am to take a math test, which I was not previously informed on. After not scoring high enough I was then being interviewed for yet another new position, completely ruining my preparation for the interview. During the interview there were two employees, one didn't speak the entire time and instead just stared at me. I was asked, "what do you want to do with your life" I gave them an honest answer, I want to eventually go back to school and work in the non-profit sector. After the interview was over the employee offered a second interview but then went on to say that I need to think about my answer on what I want do with my life and that I need to seriously think about that. Was that answer not good enough? Is that not a good thing to want to do in life?

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, and commend you for your interview preparation. We appreciate all feedback, and have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. Your honesty is respected and... More

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a month long gauntlet of endless tests, including typing, 10-key number pad, an IQ test, a personality test, drug test, a credit check, and a background check. If you have hospital bills on your record you will be asked to explain each one but it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get hired.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 6, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team. We’re sorry you had a negative interview experience. Please reach out to a member of our HR or recruiting staff to explain further.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is very in depth. It involved being contacted for an initial meet and greet. Then from they might ask for another meeting and ask more in depth about the job. At another point you have to come in a take a typing test and a math type quiz.