Cover image for Paycom

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Paycom Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 1.4K interviews

Campus Recruiting6%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Paycom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in Oct 2022

Interview

Went on first interview over zoom. Was told I had revived a 2nd interview and had it scheduled and then was cancelled on. Never heard back after reaching out multiple times

Interview Questions
  • Experience as a sales rep like
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Tulsa, OK)

Interview

Lots of interviews, last day of interviews made me not want the job. Followed 4 inside sales reps and shadowed calls. The clients didn’t know I was on the call and they were displaying full names, addresses, salary info, and even SSN’s. Felt super illegal tbh. Overall turned it down because the team inturodiced themselves and stated how long they had been there. They were all there between 1-8 months and one person was there over a year. Decided no due to the turnover.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

560.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Paycom~136736
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Paycom? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Paycom employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Paycom

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

Completed 9 interviews total for the same job, received a verbal offer, then was ghosted. No email, no phone call, nothing. The software sells itself so it doesn’t require much talent, just a work ethic. Great spot to make money and begin a career, but the top reps clearly struggle with work life balance. You will be asked multiple times if paycom is a stepping stone. That’s because anyone who is successful there typically leverages the role into something with a better culture and work life balance. You’ll notice they hire a lot of college kids who lack experience, this is with the hope you drink the cool aid. But with all the negatives, money is important and they have great pay and benefits. Also good experience, you can learn a lot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Macomb, MI) in Jan 2022

Interview

Overall positive experience. This was all over the course of 2 weeks. First was a phone call with the recruiter who asked basic questions and more or less just educated me about Paycom. They passed me to the sales manager who asked some more in-depth questions, and finally to the regional manager who asked more of the same (these were both over zoom). They also had me do a shadow day where I spent a few hours in the office seeing the day to day work and meeting other sales reps.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in Jan 2022

Interview

If you're a good candidate, they communicate great on the front end of things. After a phone screening, I was moved on to the interview with the hiring manager. After my discussion with them, I got great feedback (solid sales background, good interviewer); however, they ultimately ended up not moving forward with me because of a job gap during covid. (when there was a period of record unemployment, what?) They also ask irrelevant questions. For example, they asked me about what I did in college. I have been graduated for four years. That time isn't even relevant to my professional career, and it is an absolute joke that questions like that are considered for developed professionals. They didn't bother sending any communication; they only gave me some feedback/updates after asking why they didn't move forward with me. Don't apply here, and an interview provides a lot of insight into how a company treats its employees, and I would not want to work here after this terrible experience. Take the other reviews as a warning. Unfortunately, I didn't, and this joke of a company wasted my time. Edit: one other thing I missed, apparently there was some 'miscommunication' because when I joined the zoom meeting, I waited for about 10 minutes. Nobody was in the room except for myself. I had to text the recruiter to figure out what was going on, and they re-scheduled. Completely disorganized.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in Dec 2021

Interview

A phone call to start off with that led to another meeting with a more prominent manager in the role I want. The second interview was much more in-depth and invasive with a little more pressure applied.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

I went through three rounds, they are professional and courteous. Be prepared with information on the company and how Paycom differentiates from competitors. Overall a great experience with helpful recruiters from across the nation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was so great! Everybody was so kind and scheduling went smoothly. They’re flexible and timely with moving forward to the next step of the process and are considerate of your scheduling.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2021

Interview

-1 screening phone call just to see if you could fit in -First zoom interview- general questions about yourself and resume -Second zoom interview with a sales manager to talk about your sales experience and why you would be a good fit

Interview Questions
  • Sales experience and how many phone calls did you make with past employers.

Paycom

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paycom in Apr 2021

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Spoke with a recruiter initially and moved on to an interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly conversational and there was plenty of opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews