Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Manager was very personable. Asked about past projects/typical technical questions/what I expected of the job. After that was out of the way, the manager let me know Paycom's culture and background.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 22, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom!

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Smoke and mirrors. Lots of pointless tests and hoops to jump through. They make a huge deal about there background check but it's just a standard one. They also don't necessarily interview for the position you apply for. It's all to make it seem like, if you're picked, that you've gone through some rigorous process when in reality it's just a long one.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the interview. Just Google interview questions (like they did) and find the answers and you'll do fine.   1 Answer

May 19, 2017 – Representative

Every step of the interview process from phone screening to skill evaluations to manager interviews has a necessary role. The tests you mentioned a tax specialist takes is to evaluate skill level and ... More

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy application, got a call and email to set up a FaceTime interview the next day. Simple questions, however interviewer did not seem to engaged with my answers and seemed like it was just "a process" for her. Lasted about 30 minutes. Did not get the second interview and upon more research there is even a third interview/job shadow.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 15, 2017 – Representative

Best of luck during your career search. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. She reached out to me and we had a phone interview in which she asked me questions about my background and experience. After a personality test and a timed Math/Reasoning IQ test, I met with both of the hiring managers on webcam. They have a very particular mold they want you to fill, which is why they asked critical thinking questions. The CEO asked me why I didn't have more connections on LinkedIn, so make sure you polish your profile. Connections on LinkedIn don't matter as much to me. The real connections are in your phonebook, so I was really surprised to be asked that. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job. It seems like a very stressful and controlled environment - it's like they want a robot working for them, someone who just takes orders, not someone who can bring fresh ideas or a new way of thinking. I have also heard they are not very lenient on sick days/holidays/vacation time. Anyway, good luck to those who snagged an interview, personally this interview helped me land my next job, so I feel very neutral about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing outside of work to stimulate your mind? Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, manager Go-To meeting if remote or onsite if in the same city, another interview with the sales manager alongside a wonder-lick assessment and test, then the final step is a half day with team phone canvassing to set 3 meetings and do a 10 min presentation to sales team.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation or obstacle you had to overcome in your previous role and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom family!

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Submitted application and heard back the next day to schedule phone interview. After phone interview, they wanted to do a FaceTime interview. Once they "put a face to the name".. on to the next FaceTime interview with the territory manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about paycom?
      Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Nice and professional interview process. Unfortunately I got radio silence after the second interview. The professional thing to do would be to send at least a form letter to decline the offer to you. They request all kinds of feedback throughout the interview process then give you none.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 2, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when the decision to not move forward has ... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 4 months to land an interview since they have just started to interview upcoming college graduates. The receptionists were very quick with check-in. There was a mathematics and reasoning assessment on a computer shortly before the interview in which you need to try to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes as best as you can. The interviewers were friendly, but vague on what they were looking for in a candidate. The interview lasted about 30 minutes per interviewer. There were 2 of them at separate times, so 1 hour total. One of the interviewers looked at their phone during the conversation while I was speaking to them. The interviewees that attended with me all looked to be college students indicating there is a young culture at Paycom. Apply if you want to be thrown in the usual social occurrences that you would see at college campus. There also seems to be a lack of diversity even though they claim otherwise--and will continue to claim otherwise. This was the discouraging factor for me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Representative

An interviewer should not be distracted during an interview. We are looking into that matter. In regards to a young culture, we hire a mixture of both tenured and new grads. Our new hires are based ... More

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application and had an employee pass my resume along to HR. I was called soon after to be screened and then they offered me an interview in Oklahoma City, OK. I interviewed with who would be my direct supervisor. She reviewed my resume, asked questions for 30-45 minutes, showed me the office, and had me shadow an individual currently in the position. I asked several questions and by the time I left it was a total of 1.5-2 hours for the entire interview process. I wasn't able to meet with the Director of the department during that period of time, so I had a 20 minute phone call with her the next day. Following the phone call, I get a call from a recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict/disagreed with someone in leadership?   Answer Question

May 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review. Welcome to the Paycom team!