Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

432 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   2 Answers

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Outside B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

AWFUL! After one call with the in-house recruiter, I was given a personality test (a little premature if you ask me) and was told I'd be advancing to an on-site interview. My interview was scheduled for 6pm, I arrived at 5:50pm. By 6:15pm, I was told the manager was on a call and would be another 20-30 minutes. For a company who specializes in HCM, I thought they were joking, for they were already running late...I thought wrong.... by 6:48pm, the lights shut off and so did my patience. I texted the recruiter about my experience and gladly showed myself out. Paycom's solution? "We will mail you a gift card for your inconvenience." Save your gift card and give me an explanation as to why you just wasted my time?!?

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I never got to meet with the interviewer in person but in an extensive questionnaire, they asked me questions about my college experience and GPA. This would be relevant if I was applying for an entry-level job but I am 7 years removed from college.   Answer Question

Transition Services Representative Interview

Interview

My interview process began when a recruiter reached out to me and inquired about my interest in the position. I responded that I would be happy to speak about the position further assuming my salary and location requirements could be met. The hiring manager then contacted me to set up a time to speak about the position. The hiring manager missed our phone interview and never contacted me afterwards. A few days later, the recruiter responded saying that my salary and location requirements could not be met. If the recruiter passed on my requirements to the hiring manager, I doubt the hiring manger would have ever reached out to set up a phone interview and the recruitment process could've ended without either party wasting time.

Unfortunately, negative experiences like mine appear to not be unique. Despite the company responding saying the negative interviews are being looked into by the Director of Recruiting, it appears no impactful changes have been made to their process.

Oct 4, 2017 – Representative

At Paycom, we aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for your experience. All negative interview experiences are discussed with the director of recruiting and evaluated to ensure... More

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter saying that my resume matched a job description. I was signed up for a phone screen, however, the recruiter couldn't have sounded more disinterested.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 1, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to hear you had an unpleasant interview experience. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

- Phone Screen with recruiter
    - Skype with recruiter
    - Personality test
    - In-person interview with hiring manager
    - Presentation for manager and sales team
    - Cold calling session with minimum appointments set
    - Interview with regional manager
    - Offer/ No offer
    - Drug test

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a time a deal you were working didn't close.   1 Answer

Aug 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an in-person interview with a manager I would report to. Then I needed to do a 6-page editing test. The last step was panel interview with more people from the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that didn't work out the way you wanted it to.   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Hardest interview of my life, and also the most rewarding!

-Recruiter made first contact on LinkedIn
    -Phone call with recruiter
    -Online application, resume submission, and personality test
    -In person interview with the sales manager
    -Power Point presentation to the local sales team
    -4 hour working interview - must book 3 appointments in 4 hours and fit in with the staff.
    -Facetime interview with Regional VP of Sales
    -Verbal job offer
    -Drug test, background check, driving history check, and must supply a minimum of 5 professional references

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you? Your personal life or professional life?   Answer Question

Jul 21, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! Thank you for the detailed review.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out to me on the phone and got a sense of who I am and what I was looking for. After that, she set me up with a FaceTime interview with an actual Paycom recruiter from their corporate headquarters. It went very well and she emailed me afterwards and said that I exceeded her expectations. Soon after, I had another FaceTime interview with a Sales Manager from Texas. During that interview, he was very direct (not a whole lot of small talk) and asked me questions based on my sales experience and why I wanted to work with a tech-company. It was very hard to hear him and felt a bit awkward. I didn't walk away from the interview with as much confidence as before. A week later I called to follow up and said they were pursuing another candidate with more experience (I had 3 years).

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems like our recruiter was highly interested in you. We encourage you to follow up with our recruiting team once you gain more experience. We wish you the... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

It was interesting. After you get through the first interview on campus you get a second one at their headquarters where they mostly just sell the company to you and have a 30 min interview

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to see you had a neutral interview experience. In order to improve the interview process we would need details of your experience. Please provide more detail in your review or email... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Pasadena, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It all started very well. The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn, scheduled a phone screening/interview. Then said she wanted to move forward and to apply online, which I did. She then proceeded to schedule an interview for Thursday at 4:30pm. That Thursday at 11:30am she texted me saying that we had to reschedule because there was no one at the office to interview me. Although I was very understanding, I did think it was extremely unprofessional.
    I was going out of town the following week so she said to reschedule for when I came back. While I was gone I received a rejection email so I contacted my recruiter since I hadn't even interviewed for the position to be rejected. It took her 5 days to respond saying that they had filled the position already.
    I'm sure things would've gone differently had they not cancelled my interview the day of. I felt like I wasn't dealing with a serious company.
    Please take people's time seriously.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, but thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an... More

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process for me took about 2 weeks. Phone screening with Recruiter, Sales Manager interview, Head of Department Interview, Vice President of the Department Interview, and finally a field ride day. Overall the interview process is very in depth, actually the most in depth I have ever had. I see why though, Paycom is not like other companies that seem to saturate the market with sales reps or account managers which I believe sets them apart and helps with their overall growth. I had another offer with a much larger company, I'd be doing the same type of work in the same industry, but I would of had 43 PEOPLE in my department alone. With a smaller company that is rapidly growing I see some pains that might occur longer hours and some stressful days, but if you stick with it in 10 years you could look back and realize you made the best financial decision going with the smaller company with great opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a career or a job to pay the bills?   1 Answer

Aug 21, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the client relations representative team! Thank you for sharing your experience.