Paycom Outside Sales Consultant- Troy, MI (Detroit) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Outside Sales Consultant- Troy, MI (Detroit) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Consultant- Troy, MI (Detroit) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Troy, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process seems a bit daunting at first as it has a few steps but if you get the offer, TAKE IT! Phone screen with recruiter, interview with area manager, phone canvassing session, Skype interview with regional and then with CSO. The recruiter I had was amazing and really put me at ease throughout the entire process. She would always be on top of what my next step was and would also stay after hours to help me prepare and navigate their web application when I had questions one night.

The manager was really nice and has a lot of experiences with the company. When I left I felt totally at ease as she was very excited about Paycom an the opportunities. This interview was more conversational and very relaxing although I was warned she is a tough cookie to crack. She also offered me a lot of time to ask however many questions I wanted and that was nice because I could tell she cared and wanted me to be just as excited about paycom as she was.

For the phone canvassing session, I set three appointments. The main goal is to see if you are coachable, if you can talk easily to people over the phone and how you handle rejection. I actually enjoyed this part.

Interview with regional is tricky. You need to make sure your Skype and webcam interview skills are down (look into the camera, not the screen, etc.). The regional I interviewed with was very friendly but asked tough questions.

The last step is the most stressful because you've made it so far. The CSO is very professional but wants to know what drives you. You need to throw out your book answers for interviews and just be yourself and really explain what makes you different than the next guy. He asked some tough questions but is a stand up guy who is easy to talk to and is extremely charismatic.

I actually work here now and can tell you it's not a scam as some of the reviews say, especially in regards to the phone canvassing "just to get appointments". I actually saw a few of the phone canvassers who have come in actually have claimed fake appointments which has ruined their chance. Also, the appointments I made on phone canvassing I got to go on when I got hired. Trust the process and DON'T MAKE FAKE APPOINTMENTS!!!

The interview process although tough is worth it as it is important to make sure you are a fit for them and vise versa. This company cares about its employees more than any company I've worked for and I feel blessed going to work every day.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, you really need to dig deep about what makes you get up in the morning and it shouldn't be financially driven unless its generous. They will ask you later in the process what you'd do if you were making all kinda of money and blowing it in Vegas would not be the thing to say. This company wants to understand what make you tick and wants to see depth.   1 Answer