Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

Ignored most traditional attempts. Reached out to recruiter and finally got a response 2 weeks later. They preferred a green graduate with no experience over someone with experience and worked full time while going to school online for a degree accredited the same plus certs. I guess that is why the reported pay is so low, they prefer cheap not quality.

Interview Questions

• Where was your degree from?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

Not applicable. The system auto flagged my application, and in less than 24 hours my application was rejected. I spoke to a recruiter (as I was tempted to file an EEOC complaint against the company) and discovered they do not like applicants who have a short tenure. If you're a prior military spouse don't bother. It's legal for them to dismiss a highly qualified applicant simply because of short tenure at prior employers- they don't care if you were impacted by company-wide layoffs, budget cuts, etc., Additionally, if you live more than 20 miles away you will not be considered.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We wish ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Challenging yet very helpful for understanding the role...Several levels of screening and a cold calling session to demonstrate the ability to set quality appointments. This definitely pushed my comfort level but I think it is an excellent metric for both the company and applicant in determining a whether the role is a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Where does your motivation come from?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Ok don't come to this interview without prior knowledge of the company operations...be prepared for intensive questioning and dress professional...always remember to close the interview at the end...if you do not you will not be hired point blank....if you know you won't pass a background check don't even go to the interview because they want a perfectly clean record

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

Interview

Very challenging interview. Focused a lot on resume flow and consistency of employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

If you're applying to this position, you must know, you need to be exactly the type of person they're looking for in ordered to be hired.....goal oriented, answering the questions "right", and prepared for a hard interview process. I was first contacted by a corporate recruiter to set my up my first round interview with the sales manager. The manager forgot to call me on 2 different occasions, and finally after the 3rd rescheduled interview on his behalf, we had a short 15 minute phone conversation. He asked me things like "are you an only child? What does your dad do for a living?" Thought it was weird....so didn't hear back until 2 weeks later, and the recruiter called and said "the manager really liked you and wants a1:1 interview. So I went up to DC for our 1:1. They failed to give me the Paycom pre-phone canvassing paperwork so instead of phone canvassing, which i was supposed to do, the manager asked me, again, very personal questions and tried to make a quick judgement because I was an only child from a divorced family- after talking with my HR professional at my law firm, she said you're not allowed to do that.... anyways, he basically said I'm not suited for the position but still made me wait 2 more hours for a web conference with the regional sales manager. That was awkward. He was very quick to get me out of there- BIG HINT- if they're quick to get you out of there and the say " Thanks for taking this time with us"- you're not getting the job. Sure enough, got the rejection email two days later. Great money, great company to work for, but it's really hard to get the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

First off let me start by saying this. If you are a brown person and you are interested in a position here, I would stay away! Keep reading and you will know why.

I applied to the position through Linked in and was reached out to by Email for a webcam interview. The recruiter was very nice and a genuinely good person. When we got on the Skype call, he saw my face (I had a small beard) and told me that he now has put a "face to the name" and that we can talk on the phone instead of on Skype. Which was not a big deal because we were having sound issues with Skype. The interview was fine, and at the end he set up a face to face with the manager at the office. Before we hung up, he asked me about my beard, He asked me if it was for religion or for something else. He also told me that if I want my chances of moving forward to be higher that I should shave. He told me that the reason for this was to "look more professional" and so the manager doesn't say "oh he doesn't listen to orders". I was okay with shaving but my point is, if you are growing a beard for religion you are out of luck, you will be discriminated against and your chances of moving forward will be lower...

The recruiter loved me and even sent me tips on how to do well in the next interview.

Face to Face interview ---

When I went to the Face to Face interview, The manager saw me waiting out the door and walked towards me the door to open it, when he saw my face, he proceeded to stop give me the "wait" finger and started talking to one of his co-workers, right in front of me. As I waited there for what seemed to be 5 minutes, he finally stop talking to his coworker and let me in. (felt like i was at a zoo being watched) Anyways, when I got in the office, every SINGLE PERSON was white. no diversity what so ever. Being a brown person, I am used to this kind of thing when it comes to big companies like this. Anyways, when I was in the office with him, we talked a bit about my self, and how I grew up and he asked me a couple of interview questions. During my interview, he told me that this was to get to know me and it was nothing too formal, but he did not seem interested at all to what I was saying and was looking at his computer screen.

When the interview was over, I closed and asked next steps. He told me that he still had to talk to the recruiter and if they "think I am a good fit they will contact me" ... but I thought this was a personality interview rather than how well i could do the job???

Long story short, it felt Awkward, I felt like the odd ball out, I saw a couple of negative reviews on here before my interviews about the company discriminating if you are brown, I dismissed them as people who were mad they didn't get the job but they turned out to be right.

Moral of the interview process -- If you are Brown or if you have a beard, dont apply here, you most likely wont get it.

Thanks for tuning in folks, and good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments very seriously. We take pride in the ... More