Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview and selection process. It was definitely one of the hardest jobs I've ever applied for but well worth it. From beginning to end, it was all professional and helpfulness from the recruiter to HR. If you want to get a job at Paycom, simply put, be prepared.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

Great feedback for prospective candidates. Thanks for sharing and welcome to Paycom!

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

Ignored most traditional attempts. Reached out to recruiter and finally got a response 2 weeks later. They preferred a green graduate with no experience over someone with experience and worked full time while going to school online for a degree accredited the same plus certs. I guess that is why the reported pay is so low, they prefer cheap not quality.

Interview Questions

• Where was your degree from?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

Not applicable. The system auto flagged my application, and in less than 24 hours my application was rejected. I spoke to a recruiter (as I was tempted to file an EEOC complaint against the company) and discovered they do not like applicants who have a short tenure. If you're a prior military spouse don't bother. It's legal for them to dismiss a highly qualified applicant simply because of short tenure at prior employers- they don't care if you were impacted by company-wide layoffs, budget cuts, etc., Additionally, if you live more than 20 miles away you will not be considered.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We wish ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a month long gauntlet of endless tests, including typing, 10-key number pad, an IQ test, a personality test, drug test, a credit check, and a background check. If you have hospital bills on your record you will be asked to explain each one but it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get hired.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 6, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team. We’re sorry you had a negative interview experience. Please reach out to a member of our HR or recruiting staff to explain further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Challenging yet very helpful for understanding the role...Several levels of screening and a cold calling session to demonstrate the ability to set quality appointments. This definitely pushed my comfort level but I think it is an excellent metric for both the company and applicant in determining a whether the role is a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Where does your motivation come from?   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

Fist I received a phone interview from the recruiter. Then, I was called back for a first interview. I had to do some testing first. This just included excel testing and some logic and reasoning testing. After the first interview I was called for a second interview. I then received a call a few hours later with my offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were in a difficult position with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Interview

Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions

• How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

May 12, 2014 – Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!