Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Hardest interview of my life, and also the most rewarding!

-Recruiter made first contact on LinkedIn
    -Phone call with recruiter
    -Online application, resume submission, and personality test
    -In person interview with the sales manager
    -Power Point presentation to the local sales team
    -4 hour working interview - must book 3 appointments in 4 hours and fit in with the staff.
    -Facetime interview with Regional VP of Sales
    -Verbal job offer
    -Drug test, background check, driving history check, and must supply a minimum of 5 professional references

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you? Your personal life or professional life?   Answer Question

Jul 21, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! Thank you for the detailed review.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

A quick process that was handled professionally the entire way through. Incredibly engaging company that is easy to work with, making the interview process an enjoyable one. The process was none too daunting and I appreciate the willingness to work with others' schedules in order to make this process as easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why are we currently in this position talking to each other?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

EDI Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, typing & excel test, 2 short in person interviews. After, they send reference surveys to your references, do a background and credit check, and you'll have to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• These were your average interview questions. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

COBRA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for Paycom Specialist and I got a call for an interview about two days after applying. Went in for my interview and was told that I wasn't right for the position. But they felt that I was right for paycom. So I went in to interview for about three other positions until we found the right one for me. It was a really long, frustrating process but it all worked out in the end. The stress and countless interviews were worth it for a company like this.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your old manager what your strength is what would they say?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your employer what your weakness is what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What are your organization skills like?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work for a job that had deadlines to make?   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2017 – Representative

We're so glad to have you on the Paycom team. Welcome!

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in. Not greeted by the receptionists, but apparently that's bc they aren't really receptionists, I was told later. Asked if I could find out where the restroom was to wash my hands. And was escorted not just to the restroom but IN there as well. Came back out to the front of the lobby where there are several what reminded me of cages at the zoo, where several of us were having interviews with employees. Was not allowed to go back behind the office doors bc apparently th at's just for employees. Of which I was not.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're so different than the others we've interviewed?   1 Answer

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

4 rounds, one with your direct manager, 2 with senior level managers, 1 shadow with a team member. The first round was with my direct manager she was in her car face timing me and her phone died- awesome! The next one was with the upper level executives at corporate- it was weird.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 21, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant video interview. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. It looks as though you accepted the offer, welcome to the Paycom team!

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Norman, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Immediate response, ready to talk with you as soon as you apply. Seemed like they were interested in getting you to meet the hiring manager right away and get you in the door for an interview. Very polite and interested.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, computer test,test at job site, two face to face interviews.recruiter calls and schedules everything a preps for every step of the way. They were super helpful with every step

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then a video interview. The interview was very easy and the questions they asked didn't make you think. The phone screen was great, but the video chat made me feel like the interviewer was uninterested (why would you interview me in the first place).

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that a sales representative needs?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant video interview. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.