Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

223 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

A quick process that was handled professionally the entire way through. Incredibly engaging company that is easy to work with, making the interview process an enjoyable one. The process was none too daunting and I appreciate the willingness to work with others' schedules in order to make this process as easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why are we currently in this position talking to each other?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in. Not greeted by the receptionists, but apparently that's bc they aren't really receptionists, I was told later. Asked if I could find out where the restroom was to wash my hands. And was escorted not just to the restroom but IN there as well. Came back out to the front of the lobby where there are several what reminded me of cages at the zoo, where several of us were having interviews with employees. Was not allowed to go back behind the office doors bc apparently th at's just for employees. Of which I was not.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're so different than the others we've interviewed?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then a video interview. The interview was very easy and the questions they asked didn't make you think. The phone screen was great, but the video chat made me feel like the interviewer was uninterested (why would you interview me in the first place).

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that a sales representative needs?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant video interview. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I then did a phone screen and an assessment. I was then scheduled for a Skype like interview. Was told I would hear back in a week. Heard back 3 hours later that they wanted me to come into the office the next day. That is a 3 hour commute and I have a full time job. Recruiter became very high pressure that I make it in to continue the next steps. I gave her dates and times but she has not responded

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. She reached out to me and we had a phone interview in which she asked me questions about my background and experience. After a personality test and a timed Math/Reasoning IQ test, I met with both of the hiring managers on webcam. They have a very particular mold they want you to fill, which is why they asked critical thinking questions. The CEO asked me why I didn't have more connections on LinkedIn, so make sure you polish your profile. Connections on LinkedIn don't matter as much to me. The real connections are in your phonebook, so I was really surprised to be asked that. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job. It seems like a very stressful and controlled environment - it's like they want a robot working for them, someone who just takes orders, not someone who can bring fresh ideas or a new way of thinking. I have also heard they are not very lenient on sick days/holidays/vacation time. Anyway, good luck to those who snagged an interview, personally this interview helped me land my next job, so I feel very neutral about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing outside of work to stimulate your mind? Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate your interest in Paycom. We evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and standards of the company. As part of the application process, we look at... More

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

Received a Linkedin message from Recruiter asking if I was interested in the position. I reply and state that I'm interested. We setup a time for an interview. All of a sudden, 2 hours before my interview, she start sending all these text messages (harrassment!) telling me to fill out the actual job application and to complete an assessment before the phone interview --very frustrating --she could have easily provided this info in email 24 hours prior to the phone interview. When I told her I didn't have time to complete the assessment, she became very negative in tone. She pretended she couldn't hear me while I was answering her questions and blamed the connection and hung up on me. Recruiter was very rude and ill-mannered. I have no interest in pursuing an opportunity with Paycom if it is full of employees with temperaments as bad as that snotty recruiter.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience with one of our recruiters. We noticed you did not share the city you interviewed in, which makes it difficult to research your experience. As part of the... More

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy application, got a call and email to set up a FaceTime interview the next day. Simple questions, however interviewer did not seem to engaged with my answers and seemed like it was just "a process" for her. Lasted about 30 minutes. Did not get the second interview and upon more research there is even a third interview/job shadow.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 15, 2017 – Representative

Best of luck during your career search. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

1) Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. She was very nice and professional. I enjoyed speaking with her.
    2) After that my next step was to "meet" with a manager and the person training him. It was over Skype and I had to wait 5 minutes at 8 am, which just felt strange.
    3) It was not conversational at all. I felt uncomfortable the entire time- interviewer was combative and wanted to push the "we are the best" idea. They asked basic questions and just said "okay" when I finished speaking and immediately asked the next one. I could tell the person had never interviewed before.
    3) When I asked about the culture, it was mentioned it's fun, friendly, etc... Just not "exactly there yet" at the location I was interviewing for. It definitely made me pause.
    4) I have never heard anything either way, which is strange because they reached out to me. Paycom wants people that will do all the dirty work without offering respect.
    5) They will probably comment on this and say my attitude isn't right for the "tough and competitive world" of sales, which is another red flag to me!

May 2, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during the interview process and we apologize you... More