Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out to me on the phone and got a sense of who I am and what I was looking for. After that, she set me up with a FaceTime interview with an actual Paycom recruiter from their corporate headquarters. It went very well and she emailed me afterwards and said that I exceeded her expectations. Soon after, I had another FaceTime interview with a Sales Manager from Texas. During that interview, he was very direct (not a whole lot of small talk) and asked me questions based on my sales experience and why I wanted to work with a tech-company. It was very hard to hear him and felt a bit awkward. I didn't walk away from the interview with as much confidence as before. A week later I called to follow up and said they were pursuing another candidate with more experience (I had 3 years).

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems like our recruiter was highly interested in you. We encourage you to follow up with our recruiting team once you gain more experience. We wish you the... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter and was then moved on to interview with the sales manager. While the interview went well, I never heard back from anyone until I followed up.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. We wish you the best.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a 3 part process, first was the phone interview, then it was a in person interview, then it was an interview that included giving a presentation to multiple people.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 3, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to see you had a negative interview experience. In order to improve the interview process we would need details of your experience. Please provide more detail in your review or email... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Richmond, VA).

Interview

My recruiter was Jaden, she was very nice and reached out to me on LinkedIn. Was very helpful and readily available throughout majority of process. Interview was fairly easy was a go-to-meeting with one of the directors. 2nd interview was with a higher up director via go-to meeting. Nothing crazy hard.

Only feedback I can give would be to follow up with candidates when they get rejected. Makes your company more genuine and professional even if you get rejected. Instead they send out a very impersonal email that is clearly a copy and pasted cop-out so they don't have to talk to you. Would've been a very positive interview if I would've just gotten the personal feedback, nice closure most people can handle.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something I should know about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Aug 3, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the feedback regarding rejection emails. At Paycom, reaching out personally to candidates is a normal practice, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not move forward. The director... More

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

A quick process that was handled professionally the entire way through. Incredibly engaging company that is easy to work with, making the interview process an enjoyable one. The process was none too daunting and I appreciate the willingness to work with others' schedules in order to make this process as easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why are we currently in this position talking to each other?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in. Not greeted by the receptionists, but apparently that's bc they aren't really receptionists, I was told later. Asked if I could find out where the restroom was to wash my hands. And was escorted not just to the restroom but IN there as well. Came back out to the front of the lobby where there are several what reminded me of cages at the zoo, where several of us were having interviews with employees. Was not allowed to go back behind the office doors bc apparently th at's just for employees. Of which I was not.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're so different than the others we've interviewed?   1 Answer

Jul 27, 2017 – Representative

Due to strict security measures, non-employee personnel must be accompanied by an employee at all times; however, shadows wait outside of the restrooms. Best of luck during your career search.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then a video interview. The interview was very easy and the questions they asked didn't make you think. The phone screen was great, but the video chat made me feel like the interviewer was uninterested (why would you interview me in the first place).

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that a sales representative needs?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant video interview. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I then did a phone screen and an assessment. I was then scheduled for a Skype like interview. Was told I would hear back in a week. Heard back 3 hours later that they wanted me to come into the office the next day. That is a 3 hour commute and I have a full time job. Recruiter became very high pressure that I make it in to continue the next steps. I gave her dates and times but she has not responded

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. She reached out to me and we had a phone interview in which she asked me questions about my background and experience. After a personality test and a timed Math/Reasoning IQ test, I met with both of the hiring managers on webcam. They have a very particular mold they want you to fill, which is why they asked critical thinking questions. The CEO asked me why I didn't have more connections on LinkedIn, so make sure you polish your profile. Connections on LinkedIn don't matter as much to me. The real connections are in your phonebook, so I was really surprised to be asked that. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job. It seems like a very stressful and controlled environment - it's like they want a robot working for them, someone who just takes orders, not someone who can bring fresh ideas or a new way of thinking. I have also heard they are not very lenient on sick days/holidays/vacation time. Anyway, good luck to those who snagged an interview, personally this interview helped me land my next job, so I feel very neutral about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing outside of work to stimulate your mind? Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate your interest in Paycom. We evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and standards of the company. As part of the application process, we look at... More