Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom in July 2009.

Interview

They triple booked the meeting, and then rushed me in and out of the office. I was seen by someone in mid-20's who was very unimpressive. When I went to the job fair, had spoken with the regional manager - well above the guy who opted not to continue thre process with me. Hit it off with the RM..don't know why they then had my interview with an idiot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

They seem to be more interested in what's on your resume rather than actually talking to the candidate to learn about them. The sales manager asked me 2-3 questions and sat there reading my resume most of the time. That is either poor interview preparation on her part or just a lack of interviewing skills altogether. The interview was only 15 minutes long and there was no value at all in driving down to their office to watch someone read my resume in front of me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PayCom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen went well. Recruiter was friendly and optimistic. I spent some time researching the company and found that it was growing rapidly and was very profitable. I read some less than encouraging reviews about the company and the interview process but decided to give it a shot anyway. I arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled interview time and was not called back until 20 minutes after the scheduled time. While I waited I observed a boiler room-type atmosphere with a room full of people making dial after dial, slamming phones and talking about how they refused to waste time on XYZ type of people. The interview itself was no better. Neither of the interviewers had even glanced at my resume prior to me entering the room and their portion of the process lasted only about 10 minutes, five of which was spent bashing their competitor ADP. I spent another 15 minutes asking them questions which apparently caught their interest.

After the interview I received a phone call indicating that the interview went well and they wanted me to come back in for the "next step in the process." Thankfully I already knew what that was after reading other interview reviews - a half day of cold calling for no compensation so that they can "see how well you work on the phone" which really translates to free labor for the company. Needless to say I politely declined and thanked the recruiter for her time.

Interview Questions

• Using one of your previous employers a reference, cold call me and sell me your product or service.   Answer Question

Horrible atmosphere, no respect for the time of those being interviewed, company speaks negatively and openly about competition. No one in the building smiled the entire time I was there. I see there being a potential for short-term income, but the personal cost was too high.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

a bit unorganized and stressful. I had to do a cold calling session for several hours after initial 10 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Actually it was the lack of questions regarding my resume and qualifications.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview. Then you do a 4 hour tryout where you cold call companies. Then there is a phone interview with a manager. Then you do a webcam chat with the CEO.

I stopped after the initial 1:1 interview because the guy interviewing me couldn't care less about what I had to say. He was a salesman, not somebody in HR who is responsible for hiring people. The guy was very unimpressive and gave me no reason to join the company.

All in all, huge waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

I got the job interview through a recruiter who was very nice and informative about the job opportunity. i usually do not go to sales interviews but this one offered a 30,000 base salary so I decided to go. The interview was very short and no one really cared to answer my questions. It seemed like they were not interested in me from the beginning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

4-5 step interview process. Seemed like a good place to work and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort into hiring the right person. A recruiter contacted me, then I was set up with a 1:1 interview with the sales manager which led to a 4 hr. phone canvasing session, then two more webcam interviews with corporate managers/owners. Overall, good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2010.

Interview

Was contacted and scheduled an interview. Day of the interview was contacted again to re-schedule the interview. When I showed up there was no one at the office (the interview as scheduled for that night). I called the recruiter, who had the sales manager come get me. I interviewed with the sales manager. She admitted that she hadn't had any time to look over my resume. She asked about 5 questions and then asked if I had any. I had prepared about 20 questions for her. About halfway through she appeared to be ready for the interview to be over, as she began to push her business card towards me. I was not contacted for a further interview. She said hiring process consists of an interview with a sales manager, a 4 hour phone canvassing session where you are expected to make 3 appointments ( sessions are from 8-12 or 1-5 during the week), interview with the regional sales manager, interview with the vice president, and finally interview with the owner of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

These guys reached me through a headhunter. After an initial phone interview with him, I went to a 1:1 with the sales manager, and then then they scheduled me in to do phone canvassing for a few hours. The goal was to set 3 appointments, and that seems to be their benchmark. I didn't set a single one, and hence didn't get the job. It's a very competitive environment where most of your leads either do in-house or already have a payroll company, so you'll really have to get creative on your appointment-setting. I really like the fact that they had me doing phone canvassing because it offered a hands-on experience of a day in the life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

The recruiter for the phone interview was outstanding, professional, and very helpful. The actual interview at the atlanta office was horrible. I meet the branch manger and she was very cold. She asked me some basic questions that could have been answered had she simply read my resume.