Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.2

Payroll Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. A few days later I had a phone interview with a recruiter which went well. Directly after this they have you do some typing and data entry tests. If you pass that, you get an in person interview scheduled. Before the on site interview you do another test, which is composed of basic math problems. You finish as many as you can in a 10 or 12 minute time span. After this they interview you. I felt my interview went alright. They said they would let me know whether or not I had been hired in about a week. That never happened. The on site interview was the last I heard from them, no email or anything. After 18 days, I saw on their website that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when the decision to not move forward has ... More

Payroll Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then online personality assessment, excel assessment, and typing test. After that, they make you do a logic and reasoning test before your first in-person interview. I don't know what happened after that, they didn't hire me because I was going to get my CPA.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. As part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience, GPA if applicable, writing skills, completeness or thoroughness of ... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Asked basic questions such as tell me about yourself and why Paycom? In person interview general questions about yourself and skills you have. Why do you want to work here. Interviewees were very nice and willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Lewisville, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter contacting me about the position. They submitted me, and I had a phone interview a week later. After a brief phone interview with basic questions such as name three characteristics a colleague would describe you have, name a time you overcame adversity, why are you looking for a new position, etc. I was brought in for an in person interview.

I took off work, drove over 45 minutes, spent $20 in tolls, and spent hours preparing myself for this interview. I got there, they had me take a 15 minute Wonderlic test and got to spend 15 minutes with the Sales Manager before they sent me on my way. I actually spent more time driving one way than I got to spend with the manager.

Overall, I felt like it was very rushed and extremely unprofessional. When asking questions to the Sales Manager, he couldn't give me straight answers to any of them. For example, I asked what territory were they hiring for specifically, and he actually told me that "We're not sure at this point. I have the northern territory, so we're still evaluating." I mean come on?

After the interview, I emailed the manager and HR rep to thank them for their time and was informed a week later, without a response, that they were pursuing other candidates. I already had my doubts regarding the company after the reviews online and the interview process, so I'm very pleased to no longer have to consider Paycom as a potential employer.

Interview Questions

• Name three characteristics your current colleagues would describe you have. Name a time you overcame adversity. Why are you interested in Paycom? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our candidates time. We apologize for the lack of communication ... More

Payroll Tax Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Paycom's website. Within a week, I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an interview. The interview was supposed to be 5-10 minutes, but I was in there for almost 30 - because there was so much to talk about! I was called back by the recruiter to interview for another position in the company they thought would better serve my talents. That interview went well also! I am thankful to work for an awesome company!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? How has your experience prepared you for your job? How would your last supervisor describe you in 3 words? Why are you looking to switch careers?   Answer Question

Feb 28, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom! Thanks for sharing your interview experience.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Mansfield, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a message off of LinkedIn from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went well but I never got a call back or an email saying they went with another candidate even though I patiently waited for a response like the recruiter said she would give me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why did you have a work gap between x and y dates?
      Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for the lack of communication from our team. Every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up an interview over the phone. The interview itself was fine but later that day I received another email saying that the interviewer was sorry she had missed me on the phone and we should reschedule for the following week. I'm sure that she speaks with a lot of people on a daily basis but the note taking/organization seemed to be lacking since she didn't have notes that we had spoken. I have not heard back from the company since.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. At Paycom, we aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for the error in communication that occurred. Our process ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Bedford, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to do a phone interview 3 different times, and in person interview. Be sure to get on a PesoCall or two, as this will help you generate good questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience   1 Answer

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief screen. Shortly after, I was notified that I was being considered for an in-person interview. The recruiter I worked with was friendly and helpful and it was clear that she had the candidate's best interests in mind.

My in-person interview took place in the Sunnyvale office and it was an awkward, disappointing, and poorly orchestrated affair. Upon reaching the door to the Paycom suite, I was faced with a locked door. I wasn't told how to notify the interviewer that I arrived and after some unsuccessful knocking, I called my recruiter at 5:00pm Oklahoma time on a Friday and was lucky enough to get a hold of her. She let the interviewer know that I was outside and I was let in a few moments later.

The interview proceeded as the recruiter described. I was led to a computer to complete the assessment. First strike, the computer was running on Windows 98. After completing the assessment, I stepped into the office of the interviewer and sat down to begin the interview. Strike two, the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in his own questions (the most cliche of which I describe below) as well as mine. After an unenthusiastic sendoff on both sides, I stepped out and returned to the buildings garage where (strike three) I got stuck at the exit because I was never notified that I needed to get parking validated by the company I was visiting.

Long story short, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a logistical nightmare and the Sunnyvale office did not represent Paycom in a positive light.

Interview Questions

• As I mentioned above, I'm going to list some of the cringeworthy, cliché questions I was asked.
      1) What is your dream job? What's stopping you from doing that?
      2) Describe yourself in three words.
      3) Why should I hire you?
      4) What's the number one reason I SHOULDN'T hire you?
          - The interviewer looked so pleased with himself when he asked this question as if it was the most
             clever question in the history of interviews. In reality, just a horrible take on "what's your biggest
             weakness" question.
      Answer Question

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience in our Sunnyvale office. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments seriously. We wish you the best ... More