Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty selective and the staffs were professional staffs. I got a call from a recruiter and she said she would like to set up a phone interview. After that, she told me that i should be expecting an email with the link to take 3 assessment. I did that an she called me two days later and said i should come in for an interview

Interview Questions

• why paycom, Tell us your experience that makes you a good fit for this job   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via linked in. He sent a message asking to set up a quick short phone call to tell me more about Paycom's summer internship opportunities. After the first 15 minute interview, he scheduled another, more behavioral based 30 minute phone interview. After the interview, I sent a follow up and never got a response. Kind of weird considering he reached out to me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck!

Multiple Interview

Interview

Never even received an interview although I was well qualified. Some time later I ran into a group of Paycom employees and realized that it was because I wasn't under 25 years old.

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. As part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience, GPA if applicable, writing skills, completeness or ... More

Banking Specialist Interview

Interview

Very distant. The interview was nothing like the HR rep said it would be. It felt more like a transaction seeing as they had about 5 other rooms full of waiting candidates and they never did discuss my test results like they said they would nor did they contact me to let me know of any decision made like they said they would

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for paycom   1 Answer

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

At Paycom, we are experiencing high growth, resulting in new opportunities for our employees. To accommodate for our growth, we are continuing to hire, which often times results in multiple ... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Just. Odd. The questions were pretty run of the mill, but everything was so weird with the revolving doors of interviews around you. In the interview I was told something that happened in my professional past was "God's plan". Completely inappropriate.
    Then I was told that I would be hearing from the higher up and never heard a thing. I wasn't upset about it. Everything about the place is just strange, having so many interview rooms when you walk in isn't a good first impression...it's a sign of turnover. After telling people about my experience, I've found out that their turnover is incredible, that's why they're always hiring.
    They have a packed cafeteria, that to me encourages employees not to leave and everyone looked miserable like high school. No thanks.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 18, 2016 – Representative

We are proud of our employee retention numbers as they are some of the best in the business. At Paycom, we are experiencing high growth, resulting in new opportunities for our employees. Paycom has ... More

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The job interview was a multi part interview with the department supervisor and manager. The interviewers were very informative regarding what to expect from the company and what the company expects from you. All of the people that I had contact with during the interview process were very personable. It was one of the best interview processes I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

We're glad to hear the interview process was great. Welcome to Paycom!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview and selection process. It was definitely one of the hardest jobs I've ever applied for but well worth it. From beginning to end, it was all professional and helpfulness from the recruiter to HR. If you want to get a job at Paycom, simply put, be prepared.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

Great feedback for prospective candidates. Thanks for sharing and welcome to Paycom!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

I was sought out via LinkedIn by a recruiter who simply asked if I wanted more information about the position. We had a quick phone call where he just talked about what the job entailed and I was able to ask any questions I had. After this, he passed me onto the hiring manager for the office I was applying for. I went in and had about a pretty casual 45 minute conversation where we went over my resume, talked about why I was looking for a change, and then they answered any questions I had. From here, we scheduled my presentation and phone canvassing interview for a few days later.

For the presentation piece, the recruiter was available and extremely responsive if I had any questions before hand. What they're looking for here is that you can pitch Paycom to a group of people. You do not need to go too in depth and make sure you at least try to have fun with it! I did about a 6 minute Powerpoint.

For the phone canvassing piece, you are required to make three appointments in four hours. The recruiter recommended I read 'Cold Calling Techniques (That Really Work!)' by Stephen Schiffman. This helped me a ton and I highly recommend it before phone canvassing. Before we started cold calling, I was able to practice a little with the sales reps-- they are there to help! Ask them questions! The biggest advice I can give here is be tenacious and coachable. Do not put the phone down and if something isn't working, ask for help or try a different talk track. Persistence is key!

After this, I spoke with the hiring manager again and then was put on a call with the regional manager where we spoke a little bit about my background.

TIP: MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE THE HIRING MANAGER. Ask for the job.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed review. We're happy to have you on the Paycom team!

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The Sales Account Manager is the new title for the Outside Client Relations Representative position. A few days after applying I was called and emailed to schedule an interview. I interviewed first with a recruiter via FaceTime and then with the hiring manager about a week later, also via FaceTime. Both interviews were pretty standard... however this company seems to be looking for a certain type of person which could explain why they use FaceTime so early on - and the best way to describe that type is a "sorority girl". I saw a review on Glassdoor before interviewing that said you won't fit in unless you're in your mid-20s and female and was skeptical at first. But after seeing the women I interviewed with and the many employees on LinkedIn, I absolutely believe this is true.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

At Paycom, we hire based off of an applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. As part of the application process we look at several ... More

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

Ignored most traditional attempts. Reached out to recruiter and finally got a response 2 weeks later. They preferred a green graduate with no experience over someone with experience and worked full time while going to school online for a degree accredited the same plus certs. I guess that is why the reported pay is so low, they prefer cheap not quality.

Interview Questions

• Where was your degree from?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire ... More

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros: “Great compensation package, I am making more now than I did in sales for my last company! The leadership truly cares for the people and will invest in them both personally and...”“Great compensation package, I am making more now than I did in sales for my last company! The leadership truly cares for the people and will invest in them both personally and professionally. With that being said sometimes changes must be made if someone isn't pulling their weight. This is taken very seriously but should never be a surprise because everyone knows their goals and required metrics. The leaders teach us how to find talent, they provide the tools we need, they jump in whenever we need them to and most importantly they are high energy, positive and motivating because Paycom recruiting is very challenging. We have amazingly high standards when it comes to an entry point and multi-step interview processes - this is both a pro and a con. Paycom is growing at a rate of 40% so it can get a bit crazy at times but I am very thankful that is our problem rather than layoffs. I am very proud to be on the Paycom team, we accomplish more in one week than most recruiting teams accomplish in two months! If you want to up your game and really learn how to acquire talent consider joining our team I would definitely recommend this career to anyone.” – Full Review