Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

423 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter and was then moved on to interview with the sales manager. While the interview went well, I never heard back from anyone until I followed up.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. We wish you the best.

NCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather in-depth, but for good reason! I applied directly on the Paycom website after hearing about it from a current employee. It started with a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes, with a recruiter asking about my past experience and why I decided to apply to Paycom. She then wanted to schedule me for an in-person interview with a supervisor that I may work with in the department I was applying for. I was scheduled the interview once I completed a personality test and data entry tests. I then went to the Paycom HQ where I met with the supervisor who went into more detail about my experience and why I would be a good fit. I then spoke with another supervisor who asked more about who I was and why Paycom was a good match for me personally. Because of the services Paycom provides, they do conduct background checks and a drug test. Overall, I was very pleased with the interview process. The recruiters and interviewers I had talked to seemed very passionate about the company and its values and we're very helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your current supervisor, what would (s)he say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is something you have felt passionate about in your previous organization?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply to Paycom?   Answer Question

Aug 10, 2017 – Representative

We're glad you had a great interview experience. Welcome to Paycom and the NCS department!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Long process. Recruiter called me on phone to talk to me about half an hour. Sent me 4 computer tests (10 key, excel, typing and personality) to complete. Called me back and asked me to come in for an interview. I came in and first had to take a math/reading assessment. Had interview with Supervisor and it was a lot about how I would relate with the people on my team and connect with our clients. Later that afternoon I was asked to come back for a second interview. The second interview had more to do with how would I accomplish all my daily tasks and meet goals. Next day got a call saying I needed to send references, do a credit, background and drug test. Long process, but I can totally see why.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 25, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied via Glassdoor and Paycom's website. I did not hear anything back, so I reached out to the recruiter via the company, and he replied quickly with an interview date. I also knew someone who worked in the department I was applying, and they reached out to the Creative Director about interviewing me. My first interview was in the front of the headquarters building with the Creative Director and the Manager of Creative Services. I showed them my portfolio via my iPad and they asked me a series of questions. They invited me back for a second interview the next day. I had my second interview inside the department meeting room with 6 other managers who all asked a question. I showed them my portfolio and then got a brief tour of the building. They offered me the job a couple days later, and I had to pass a background check, have 5 references fill out a survey about me, and took a drug test. That process took about a week and then I started that next Monday!

Interview Questions

• How did you head about Paycom/why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Aug 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

It takes about 3 weeks. First is the phone interview with the recruiter. Questions were very simple and recruiter was very nice. After 3 days, got an invitation for the in person interview at the company's headquarter. The interview was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Paycom?   1 Answer

Aug 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

COBRA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for Paycom Specialist and I got a call for an interview about two days after applying. Went in for my interview and was told that I wasn't right for the position. But they felt that I was right for paycom. So I went in to interview for about three other positions until we found the right one for me. It was a really long, frustrating process but it all worked out in the end. The stress and countless interviews were worth it for a company like this.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your old manager what your strength is what would they say?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your employer what your weakness is what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What are your organization skills like?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work for a job that had deadlines to make?   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2017 – Representative

We're so glad to have you on the Paycom team. Welcome!

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I then did a phone screen and an assessment. I was then scheduled for a Skype like interview. Was told I would hear back in a week. Heard back 3 hours later that they wanted me to come into the office the next day. That is a 3 hour commute and I have a full time job. Recruiter became very high pressure that I make it in to continue the next steps. I gave her dates and times but she has not responded

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during... More

EDI Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, typing & excel test, 2 short in person interviews. After, they send reference surveys to your references, do a background and credit check, and you'll have to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• These were your average interview questions. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then a video interview. The interview was very easy and the questions they asked didn't make you think. The phone screen was great, but the video chat made me feel like the interviewer was uninterested (why would you interview me in the first place).

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that a sales representative needs?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant video interview. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.