Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Interview

Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions

• How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

May 12, 2014 – Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in December 2013.

Interview

Initially you will be contacted by a recruiter or you can do what I did and call the recruiter directly. They look over your resume and they have you apply online. Based on your answers online you will be classified into how interested they are in you. If you are what they are looking for they will have you interview with a local office manager. If that goes well you will interview with a regional. If you pass that they will bring you in for a phone canvassing trial. They give you 4 hours to set 3 appointments cold calling. Just keep calm and don't get stressed or anxious, if you are decent on the phone you shouldn't have any issues. If you pass this phase you will interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he will give his recommendation. If all of this goes well you have to pass a background check that includes DMV driving record, drug screening, felony check and don't lie on your resume because they will check all of that. It's a pretty in depth process but if you get the job you know you a qualified employee and they want to invest in you and watch you unleash your potential.

Interview Questions

• Are you excited about earning a 50,000 salary fresh out of college? Would you be happy earning 50,000 your first year? A lot of our reps here at Paycom make over 100,000 their first year and the following years they make 300,000 and above. If you're content making 50,000 a year how do we know you will have the ambition and drive to work hard enough to make 100,00 and beyond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was already stated so i didn't negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process is extremely thorough, but well worth it for the caliber of job duties and people you'll be working around. Paycom hires some outstanding individuals and they have the ability to do so because the rewards are great. There were approximately 6 steps in the process: An initial phone screen with a recruiter, an interview with the hiring manager, a second interview with a regional manager, a ride-along with your potential team, a phone-canvassing session in which you must demonstrate that you can successfully set three appointments, and then a final interview with a C-Level exec.

The process is very intense, and you may move forward in the process to the next level in the same day if you do well. Overall the process moves very quickly. The recruiter I had, Kathryn, was amazing, and did an excellent job of preparing me for each and every step.

Overall this was a great interview process!

Interview Questions

• I came in under an unusual career change for this position, so my most difficult questions came out of how I might have prepared myself for the position, having not come from a sales background. Be ready for this. They want to make sure you have prepared well in your time leading up to the possibility of stepping into a very challenging position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was seamless and a great insight to company culture and expectations. The process was difficult only leaving the best of the best.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the process was the multiple in-depth interviews. All questions in general were more difficult that other interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

long and drawn out

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do if not hired here. I dont understand why that woudh matter to you   1 Answer

The atmosphere of the office is terrible, very few people does not seem promising. Very high turnover in this company

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

This begins with a first round screening of the office manager. Then you will cold call for them for 4 hours if the manager likes you. If you set about 3 appointments, they will let you interview with the Chief Operator of Sales. From there, if you pass that interview, you will have a bunch of background checks run on you.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Ok don't come to this interview without prior knowledge of the company operations...be prepared for intensive questioning and dress professional...always remember to close the interview at the end...if you do not you will not be hired point blank....if you know you won't pass a background check don't even go to the interview because they want a perfectly clean record

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

Interview

Very challenging interview. Focused a lot on resume flow and consistency of employment.