Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

3.2

Payroll Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then online personality assessment, excel assessment, and typing test. After that, they make you do a logic and reasoning test before your first in-person interview. I don't know what happened after that, they didn't hire me because I was going to get my CPA.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. As part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience, GPA if applicable, writing skills, completeness or thoroughness of ... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief screen. Shortly after, I was notified that I was being considered for an in-person interview. The recruiter I worked with was friendly and helpful and it was clear that she had the candidate's best interests in mind.

My in-person interview took place in the Sunnyvale office and it was an awkward, disappointing, and poorly orchestrated affair. Upon reaching the door to the Paycom suite, I was faced with a locked door. I wasn't told how to notify the interviewer that I arrived and after some unsuccessful knocking, I called my recruiter at 5:00pm Oklahoma time on a Friday and was lucky enough to get a hold of her. She let the interviewer know that I was outside and I was let in a few moments later.

The interview proceeded as the recruiter described. I was led to a computer to complete the assessment. First strike, the computer was running on Windows 98. After completing the assessment, I stepped into the office of the interviewer and sat down to begin the interview. Strike two, the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in his own questions (the most cliche of which I describe below) as well as mine. After an unenthusiastic sendoff on both sides, I stepped out and returned to the buildings garage where (strike three) I got stuck at the exit because I was never notified that I needed to get parking validated by the company I was visiting.

Long story short, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a logistical nightmare and the Sunnyvale office did not represent Paycom in a positive light.

Interview Questions

• As I mentioned above, I'm going to list some of the cringeworthy, cliché questions I was asked.
      1) What is your dream job? What's stopping you from doing that?
      2) Describe yourself in three words.
      3) Why should I hire you?
      4) What's the number one reason I SHOULDN'T hire you?
          - The interviewer looked so pleased with himself when he asked this question as if it was the most
             clever question in the history of interviews. In reality, just a horrible take on "what's your biggest
             weakness" question.
      Answer Question

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience in our Sunnyvale office. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments seriously. We wish you the best ... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 4 months to land an interview since they have just started to interview upcoming college graduates. The receptionists were very quick with check-in. There was a mathematics and reasoning assessment on a computer shortly before the interview in which you need to try to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes as best as you can. The interviewers were friendly, but vague on what they were looking for in a candidate. The interview lasted about 30 minutes per interviewer. There were 2 of them at separate times, so 1 hour total. One of the interviewers looked at their phone during the conversation while I was speaking to them. The interviewees that attended with me all looked to be college students indicating there is a young culture at Paycom. Apply if you want to be thrown in the usual social occurrences that you would see at college campus. There also seems to be a lack of diversity even though they claim otherwise--and will continue to claim otherwise. This was the discouraging factor for me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Representative

An interviewer should not be distracted during an interview. We are looking into that matter. In regards to a young culture, we hire a mixture of both tenured and new grads. Our new hires are based ... More

Payroll Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. A few days later I had a phone interview with a recruiter which went well. Directly after this they have you do some typing and data entry tests. If you pass that, you get an in person interview scheduled. Before the on site interview you do another test, which is composed of basic math problems. You finish as many as you can in a 10 or 12 minute time span. After this they interview you. I felt my interview went alright. They said they would let me know whether or not I had been hired in about a week. That never happened. The on site interview was the last I heard from them, no email or anything. After 18 days, I saw on their website that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when the decision to not move forward has ... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

First off let me start by saying this. If you are a brown person and you are interested in a position here, I would stay away! Keep reading and you will know why.

I applied to the position through Linked in and was reached out to by Email for a webcam interview. The recruiter was very nice and a genuinely good person. When we got on the Skype call, he saw my face (I had a small beard) and told me that he now has put a "face to the name" and that we can talk on the phone instead of on Skype. Which was not a big deal because we were having sound issues with Skype. The interview was fine, and at the end he set up a face to face with the manager at the office. Before we hung up, he asked me about my beard, He asked me if it was for religion or for something else. He also told me that if I want my chances of moving forward to be higher that I should shave. He told me that the reason for this was to "look more professional" and so the manager doesn't say "oh he doesn't listen to orders". I was okay with shaving but my point is, if you are growing a beard for religion you are out of luck, you will be discriminated against and your chances of moving forward will be lower...

The recruiter loved me and even sent me tips on how to do well in the next interview.

Face to Face interview ---

When I went to the Face to Face interview, The manager saw me waiting out the door and walked towards me the door to open it, when he saw my face, he proceeded to stop give me the "wait" finger and started talking to one of his co-workers, right in front of me. As I waited there for what seemed to be 5 minutes, he finally stop talking to his coworker and let me in. (felt like i was at a zoo being watched) Anyways, when I got in the office, every SINGLE PERSON was white. no diversity what so ever. Being a brown person, I am used to this kind of thing when it comes to big companies like this. Anyways, when I was in the office with him, we talked a bit about my self, and how I grew up and he asked me a couple of interview questions. During my interview, he told me that this was to get to know me and it was nothing too formal, but he did not seem interested at all to what I was saying and was looking at his computer screen.

When the interview was over, I closed and asked next steps. He told me that he still had to talk to the recruiter and if they "think I am a good fit they will contact me" ... but I thought this was a personality interview rather than how well i could do the job???

Long story short, it felt Awkward, I felt like the odd ball out, I saw a couple of negative reviews on here before my interviews about the company discriminating if you are brown, I dismissed them as people who were mad they didn't get the job but they turned out to be right.

Moral of the interview process -- If you are Brown or if you have a beard, dont apply here, you most likely wont get it.

Thanks for tuning in folks, and good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments very seriously. We take pride in the ... More

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from Paycom asking for a phone interview which were pretty basic questions and at the end scheduled an in person interview for 2 days later. When I got there I took a test and was told to sit in a room for the interview. Lady was very nice and asked me some questions about my resume. After that she got her boss and I ended up having two other people interview me. Both were awesome! Ended up getting a job offer and I accepted. All in all it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 7, 2017 – Representative

We're happy to have you on the Paycom team! Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Paycom Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

Brief. They will hire you if you don't have a credit issues and can pass a drug test. They literally try to get kids right out of school and the workforce is mostly under 25 years old.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 7, 2017 – Representative

You are correct, we only hire individuals that are able to pass a background check, as our clients security is of the utmost importance to us. We hire a mixture of both tenured and new grads. Our new ... More

HR Business Partner Interview

Application

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter and moved to a face to face with principals. That interview lasted around an hour and was on site in their lobby that they have set up for interviewing. There was a follow up email and then a lunch a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult manager and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We wish you the best of luck during your career search.

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, the recruiter was awesome and super nice! had a phone screen then told to have an in person interview where you take a test and then have a normal interview. The guy that interviewed me obviously didn't want to be there and kept looking at his apple watch and phone while I was talking. Extremely rude and uninterested in the interview right from the start. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with a hiring manager. We are looking into this. We wish you nothing but the best in your career search.