Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

New Client Set Up Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

There are two stages: First with a hiring manager, then a department manager. The first interview is a simple review of your resume and explanation of career goals. Know why you want the job.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 20, 2017 – Representative

Training Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

Went in applying for one position and interviewed for another (Tax Specialist). Supervisor who interviewed me was very straight forward. Recruiting Dept does a good job of matching individuals and their personalities to departments that they will succeed the most in.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 19, 2017 – Representative

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

I was invited in for an on-campus interview at the University of Oklahoma. The interviewer asked a few questions on algorithms and object-oriented programming, but no behavioral questions. This interview lasted about twenty minutes. The next day, I received a call inviting me to Paycom HQ for a second interview a few weeks later. This interview was a part of their Tech Night, which included a banquet, a tour of the headquarters, and a night at Top Golf. Paycom paid for travel expenses and lodging. The second interview involved a few object-oriented questions, but it was mostly a discussion of my education and work experience.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! Thank you for sharing a detailed account of your interview experience.

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was initially reached out by a recruiter through LinkedIn and had a pleasant intial conversation. The recruiter chose to do majority of communication through text. Prior to an interview with manager the recruiter also gave me a call to discuss questions and how to answer. It was fine up until this point until the video interview with the manager.

10 minutes late to begin with and then does a very unnecessary and long interview that took well over an hour making me extremely late to get back to work(as I had to do it during my lunch). The manager would ask the same exact questions for every single work experience and then act very smug when flipping the questions thinking it was the best question in the world. After almost every answer I gave he started with "at paycome we really value _____" making it seem that every answer you gave was bad.

To be frank I've done many interviews but few were this bad. Got a random rejection email through paycoms HR board rather than an rejection from the recruiter but really think I dodged a bullet there. Would hate to work under the manager who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Typical behaviors, if I asked your manager about you what would they say etc   Answer Question

Dec 27, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed account of your interview experience. We aim to always be respectful of our candidates time and apologize the manager was delayed. Unfortunately, because you didn’t state... More

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with Paycom about a year ago, but I wanted to bring this issue to the company's attention. Around this time last year I made it through to the third round of interviews and did very well in the previous two. For some reason though, when I met with the manager for the final interview, it became apparent that they weren't interested in hiring me. Their primary objection were apparently my grades in college (I already had a successful career in sales and had been in the workforce for the better part of a decade), and they began speaking to me in a very condescending and unprofessional manner. This is the first time, even for a job that I didn't get, where the manager was openly rude. They also shot down any point that I brought up about my previous successes as though I was making it up.

Even when we began small talk initially, they asked how I was and I said something simple like "Great now that I've had my coffee! : )" and they, with a dead serious face, asked me "what, are you some sort of coffee addict? It's like 10:00 am I feel like you should have your act together at this point". THEY WERE DEAD SERIOUS. Look I understand if you're not interested in a candidate, but for god sake hold yourself like a professional. I've interviewed in jobs where the office was a practically a storage unit and I still received more professional treatment.

I know its easy to complain when you don't get something, but I was so bothered and thrown off by it that I felt compelled to notify someone. I even told her about my accomplishments and they actually said "yeah, but how do I know your not just making all this up ?" - Seriously?? First of all, the same way everyone has always done, which is checking the references. Second, you do not speak to people like they are terrible little children.

I know I sound bitter, but this gave me a very poor impression of the management there.

Interview Questions

• If you're doing so great at your current job, I mean, why are you coming here? - they meant this to be condescending.   1 Answer

Dec 27, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience with one of our sales managers. All Paycom hiring professionals should be respectful of... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Excellent. It was a very respect-filled experience. I was never made to feel like my limited experience (at the time) diminished my value. The interviewer sought to uncover my potential value.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 20, 2017 – Representative

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Two rounds of interview
    1. On campus
    2. On site
    On campus was technical.
    On Site was behavioral with very basic technical questions. Probably they judge your technical ability in round 1 itself and for second round they just want to assess you overall

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience as a software developer!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

I spoke to them during our university career fair. First, I got an email with a link to a technical online test, the test was about PHP, SQL, and object-oriented programming. A few weeks later, I had a campus interview with Paycom. A week later, they invited me to come down to their OKC headquarter for a final interview in October and also to attend Tech Night in November. A week after Tech Night I got a phone call from a recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Object-Oriented Programming principle?   Answer Question
    • Write a program that returns the number in the middle of a list.   Answer Question
    • Write a program that returns only unique characters in a string (ex. aaaabbbc becomes abc).   Answer Question
    • Describe polymorphism in OOP   Answer Question

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience!

Implementation Specialist Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews with different levels of management. I only went through the first round. I was referred by a hiring company to their hiring manager and did a short 20 minute phone interview with her.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a lot of steps in the hiring process, but it truly allowed me to assess what the role was going to be, and who I was going to be working with.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing, welcome to the Paycom team!