Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

3.1

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about about an open position. We did a 10 minute phone interview. Then I received an email to take a typing test, 10 key and excel text. Then after passing those tests I scheduled an interview, then received a call to schedule the second interview.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to Paycom!

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

Received a Linkedin message from Recruiter asking if I was interested in the position. I reply and state that I'm interested. We setup a time for an interview. All of a sudden, 2 hours before my interview, she start sending all these text messages (harrassment!) telling me to fill out the actual job application and to complete an assessment before the phone interview --very frustrating --she could have easily provided this info in email 24 hours prior to the phone interview. When I told her I didn't have time to complete the assessment, she became very negative in tone. She pretended she couldn't hear me while I was answering her questions and blamed the connection and hung up on me. Recruiter was very rude and ill-mannered. I have no interest in pursuing an opportunity with Paycom if it is full of employees with temperaments as bad as that snotty recruiter.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience with one of our recruiters. We noticed you did not share the city you interviewed in, which makes it difficult to research your experience. As part of the... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. She reached out to me and we had a phone interview in which she asked me questions about my background and experience. After a personality test and a timed Math/Reasoning IQ test, I met with both of the hiring managers on webcam. They have a very particular mold they want you to fill, which is why they asked critical thinking questions. The CEO asked me why I didn't have more connections on LinkedIn, so make sure you polish your profile. Connections on LinkedIn don't matter as much to me. The real connections are in your phonebook, so I was really surprised to be asked that. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job. It seems like a very stressful and controlled environment - it's like they want a robot working for them, someone who just takes orders, not someone who can bring fresh ideas or a new way of thinking. I have also heard they are not very lenient on sick days/holidays/vacation time. Anyway, good luck to those who snagged an interview, personally this interview helped me land my next job, so I feel very neutral about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing outside of work to stimulate your mind? Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate your interest in Paycom. We evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and standards of the company. As part of the application process, we look at... More

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

The interview contained a phone screening, home assessment, in person assessment, and an interview. It was not bad. It's hard to write thirty words. Still not enough. This is getting ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment in your current role?   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

A quick process that was handled professionally the entire way through. Incredibly engaging company that is easy to work with, making the interview process an enjoyable one. The process was none too daunting and I appreciate the willingness to work with others' schedules in order to make this process as easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why are we currently in this position talking to each other?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Webinar Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and very professional. As my first ever "corporate" interview, it has easily set the bar for any interview that I have in the future (if there is ever another one). I know that Paycom takes this process very seriously, and you can tell that they only hire top-notch people that will better the company!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 16, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, manager Go-To meeting if remote or onsite if in the same city, another interview with the sales manager alongside a wonder-lick assessment and test, then the final step is a half day with team phone canvassing to set 3 meetings and do a 10 min presentation to sales team.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation or obstacle you had to overcome in your previous role and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom family!

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Submitted application and heard back the next day to schedule phone interview. After phone interview, they wanted to do a FaceTime interview. Once they "put a face to the name".. on to the next FaceTime interview with the territory manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about paycom?
      Why do you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Nice and professional interview process. Unfortunately I got radio silence after the second interview. The professional thing to do would be to send at least a form letter to decline the offer to you. They request all kinds of feedback throughout the interview process then give you none.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 2, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when the decision to not move forward has... More