Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Mansfield, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a message off of LinkedIn from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went well but I never got a call back or an email saying they went with another candidate even though I patiently waited for a response like the recruiter said she would give me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why did you have a work gap between x and y dates?

Feb 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for the lack of communication from our team. Every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up an interview over the phone. The interview itself was fine but later that day I received another email saying that the interviewer was sorry she had missed me on the phone and we should reschedule for the following week. I'm sure that she speaks with a lot of people on a daily basis but the note taking/organization seemed to be lacking since she didn't have notes that we had spoken. I have not heard back from the company since.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. At Paycom, we aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for the error in communication that occurred. Our process ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Bedford, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to do a phone interview 3 different times, and in person interview. Be sure to get on a PesoCall or two, as this will help you generate good questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience   1 Answer

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief screen. Shortly after, I was notified that I was being considered for an in-person interview. The recruiter I worked with was friendly and helpful and it was clear that she had the candidate's best interests in mind.

My in-person interview took place in the Sunnyvale office and it was an awkward, disappointing, and poorly orchestrated affair. Upon reaching the door to the Paycom suite, I was faced with a locked door. I wasn't told how to notify the interviewer that I arrived and after some unsuccessful knocking, I called my recruiter at 5:00pm Oklahoma time on a Friday and was lucky enough to get a hold of her. She let the interviewer know that I was outside and I was let in a few moments later.

The interview proceeded as the recruiter described. I was led to a computer to complete the assessment. First strike, the computer was running on Windows 98. After completing the assessment, I stepped into the office of the interviewer and sat down to begin the interview. Strike two, the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in his own questions (the most cliche of which I describe below) as well as mine. After an unenthusiastic sendoff on both sides, I stepped out and returned to the buildings garage where (strike three) I got stuck at the exit because I was never notified that I needed to get parking validated by the company I was visiting.

Long story short, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a logistical nightmare and the Sunnyvale office did not represent Paycom in a positive light.

Interview Questions

• As I mentioned above, I'm going to list some of the cringeworthy, cliché questions I was asked.
      1) What is your dream job? What's stopping you from doing that?
      2) Describe yourself in three words.
      3) Why should I hire you?
      4) What's the number one reason I SHOULDN'T hire you?
          - The interviewer looked so pleased with himself when he asked this question as if it was the most
             clever question in the history of interviews. In reality, just a horrible take on "what's your biggest
             weakness" question.

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience in our Sunnyvale office. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments seriously. We wish you the best ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. She was very enthusiastic and quick to follow-up. We had a Skype meeting and it went very well!

Planned meeting with Regional Sales Manager on the spot. Interview was focused around the financial benefits, closing deals, success of the team, and the technology they use. Took a online personality test beforehand.

Next step is to use their list to cold call potential clients and set up three meetings.

This position is for someone who has years of B2B experience and who has dealt with businesses that have a large number of employees. You have to be very aggressive and passionate about winning new business.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Got a call and email couple days later. Setup a phone interview. Initial phone interview is done thru FaceTime or Go to Meeting app/web portal.

Did the whole Go to Meeting app thru phone. This is just funny and seems very impersonal and poorly constructed. Got the young gal on the other end. You can hear everything they say but video is so choppy hard not to laugh.

They ask you questions but based on the questions I quickly sensed this gig is not for me. They are looking for recent Grads. Someone fresh, little experience, wet behind the ears type kid.

Secondly, they bring up background check. Can you pass or not? If you stole a loaf of bread consider yourself doomed. These questions shouldn't even be asked till the very end.

Interview Questions

• When did you graduate college?
      What is your GPA?
      Can you pass a background check?

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire ... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

I received an email from one of their "Talent Acquisition Specialists" inviting me to set up a phone interview. The interview started smoothly and the job seemed to be a great fit for what I was looking for, but unfortunately it required me to spend 3 out of 5 working days traveling overnight which is not conducive to my obligations outside of work. I very politely explained that situation, and the specialist's attitude could not have changed faster. Now, I work at a staffing agency, and I understand our recruiters' disappointment when a candidate they are screening turns out not to be a fit. But they always practice professionalism and gracefully end the conversation, wishing the candidate best of luck in their search at the very least. This girl I was speaking with rudely scoffed once I declined to move further in the process and was extremely quick to hang up on me. Not even a "thank you for your time." If that is the type of professionalism at the company, I am entirely glad that I realized it wouldn't be a fit this early in the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant interview with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Manager - Programming & Data Sciences in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros: “I have consulted and worked at 4 other payroll/HCM firms before being at Paycom, and consulted at numerous other financial firms in the mortgage and insurance industry as well. Once I met...”“I have consulted and worked at 4 other payroll/HCM firms before being at Paycom, and consulted at numerous other financial firms in the mortgage and insurance industry as well. Once I met the ownership and leadership years ago, I knew this was the place I'd want to work for while building a life and building a family. In 11 years now, both in Dallas and Oklahoma City, Paycom leadership has never let me down. Not once. There's something to be said for that. The opportunities both to grow and to wear different "hats" inside the organization continually come. Those with a good work ethic and a good business sense are rewarded well, and rewarded on many fronts. I can actually and fully respect my peers here... and fully respect those in high leadership. The environment is one of collaboration, hearing out ideas, making work fun, encouraging/rewarding innovation, and celebrating diversity.” – Full Review