Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2011.

Interview

Once you have been contacted by the recruiter they will move you along to the Sales Manager. The first step will be a phone interview. The main point of this is for the Sales Manager to see if you can close them on moving on to the next step. Then comes a 'Phone Canvassing Session', during this phase you will spend half a day (usually Tuesday or Friday morning), making cold calls, with the goal of booking 3 appointments during one session. Please know that even though they tell you you must set 3 appoitnments, you really don't. The manager will be listening to you on the phones, and if they like what they hear, they will move you along the process. Next will be an interview with their VP of Sales done over web conference. This one is a pretty easy step, just be prepared to answer standard interview questions, and make sure you close him for a recommendation to move on to the next step. The final step is a web conference meeting with the CEO. This usually will last about 5 to 10 minutes. He is very direct, and will want quick and common-sense answers from you, again, the most important step is to close him and ask for the job. You must always wear professional clothing (business suit), even to the web conference meetings.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Outside Sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In major metropolitan areas, you will be offered $40,000 base if you don't have prior Sales experience, in smaller parts of the country you will be offered a $30,000 base. If you're crafty enough, you may be able to negotiate it to $40k, but this is very unlikely.

If you have prior sales experience you should expect an offer for $50k base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Tulsa, OK) in October 2010.

Interview

The absolute worst experience in my life. The HR Representative was professional and polite. Met with the Manager and VP next. The rudest most disrespectful human beings on the planet. They don't care about you or hearing what you have to say. I showed up at 8:15 for a 8:30 interview. I was not seen until 9:30. Lasted less then 5 minutes. When I asked a question they would not respond. I hope people read this before wasting their time. It is scary to think of working for this awful company.

Rude Management

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. She reached out to me and we had a phone interview in which she asked me questions about my background and experience. After a personality test and a timed Math/Reasoning IQ test, I met with both of the hiring managers on webcam. They have a very particular mold they want you to fill, which is why they asked critical thinking questions. The CEO asked me why I didn't have more connections on LinkedIn, so make sure you polish your profile. Connections on LinkedIn don't matter as much to me. The real connections are in your phonebook, so I was really surprised to be asked that. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job. It seems like a very stressful and controlled environment - it's like they want a robot working for them, someone who just takes orders, not someone who can bring fresh ideas or a new way of thinking. I have also heard they are not very lenient on sick days/holidays/vacation time. Anyway, good luck to those who snagged an interview, personally this interview helped me land my next job, so I feel very neutral about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing outside of work to stimulate your mind? Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Two small phone interviews, some pre testing before, excel, 10 key, typing tests, then a two person interview. Do your research, show why you want to work for the company, if you do your research your enthusiasm alone will help you. Really easy to work with I had to put in a longer than usual notice at previous employment, and they were very understanding and helpful.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Junior ExecutiveSales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in the beginning of January, 2017. I began with an informational phone call where I was told about the company. I then did a formal phone interview with my recruiter. After another 3 weeks, I had an interview with the Regional Vice President of Sales via GoToMeeting. On to the 4th round, I interviewed with the Phoenix office sales manager via GoToMeeting. After this interview, I waited a full 4 weeks to hear back from my recruiter. On April 3rd, I received my offer. I completed a drug test, and full background and reference check. But, after a Minor in Possession of alcohol (MIP) ticket was found on my record from when I was a teenager, my offer was revoked. It took until April 26th to receive my official rejection letter. All in all, it was an unprofessional and lengthy process where I was left in the dark the majority of the time. Would not recommend to a friend.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 2, 2017 – Representative

We’re sorry for the delayed notifications; however, it is our goal to ensure we are hiring the best candidate possible and considering the amount of highly qualified candidates we get, the process ... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

First off let me start by saying this. If you are a brown person and you are interested in a position here, I would stay away! Keep reading and you will know why.

I applied to the position through Linked in and was reached out to by Email for a webcam interview. The recruiter was very nice and a genuinely good person. When we got on the Skype call, he saw my face (I had a small beard) and told me that he now has put a "face to the name" and that we can talk on the phone instead of on Skype. Which was not a big deal because we were having sound issues with Skype. The interview was fine, and at the end he set up a face to face with the manager at the office. Before we hung up, he asked me about my beard, He asked me if it was for religion or for something else. He also told me that if I want my chances of moving forward to be higher that I should shave. He told me that the reason for this was to "look more professional" and so the manager doesn't say "oh he doesn't listen to orders". I was okay with shaving but my point is, if you are growing a beard for religion you are out of luck, you will be discriminated against and your chances of moving forward will be lower...

The recruiter loved me and even sent me tips on how to do well in the next interview.

Face to Face interview ---

When I went to the Face to Face interview, The manager saw me waiting out the door and walked towards me the door to open it, when he saw my face, he proceeded to stop give me the "wait" finger and started talking to one of his co-workers, right in front of me. As I waited there for what seemed to be 5 minutes, he finally stop talking to his coworker and let me in. (felt like i was at a zoo being watched) Anyways, when I got in the office, every SINGLE PERSON was white. no diversity what so ever. Being a brown person, I am used to this kind of thing when it comes to big companies like this. Anyways, when I was in the office with him, we talked a bit about my self, and how I grew up and he asked me a couple of interview questions. During my interview, he told me that this was to get to know me and it was nothing too formal, but he did not seem interested at all to what I was saying and was looking at his computer screen.

When the interview was over, I closed and asked next steps. He told me that he still had to talk to the recruiter and if they "think I am a good fit they will contact me" ... but I thought this was a personality interview rather than how well i could do the job???

Long story short, it felt Awkward, I felt like the odd ball out, I saw a couple of negative reviews on here before my interviews about the company discriminating if you are brown, I dismissed them as people who were mad they didn't get the job but they turned out to be right.

Moral of the interview process -- If you are Brown or if you have a beard, dont apply here, you most likely wont get it.

Thanks for tuning in folks, and good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments very seriously. We take pride in the ... More

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter and moved to a face to face with principals. That interview lasted around an hour and was on site in their lobby that they have set up for interviewing. There was a follow up email and then a lunch a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult manager and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We wish you the best of luck during your career search.

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, the recruiter was awesome and super nice! had a phone screen then told to have an in person interview where you take a test and then have a normal interview. The guy that interviewed me obviously didn't want to be there and kept looking at his apple watch and phone while I was talking. Extremely rude and uninterested in the interview right from the start. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with a hiring manager. We are looking into this. We wish you nothing but the best in your career search.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Step Interview process after speaking with recruiter - in person with sales manager, 2nd in person with sales manager and team which involved a presentation and cold calling, 3rd interview via Skype with Regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Where are you ranked in terms of success at your current job? Why aren't you #1?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

Thanks for sharing! Welcome to the team.