Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very challenging. Only about 1 of every 12000 applicants get hired. The interview process is a four step interview. 1st is with the branch manager. After that they put you on the phones and phone canvass for 4 hours. If you set 3 appointments, you move on to interview with the regional manager. If you survive that interview, then you interview with the CEO of the company. In each interview they want a high pepped up version of you. You will have to close each interview by overcoming objections and asking to move forward to the next step. Do research on the company. This is a great opportunity if you get hired but the first year working there will be the toughest. Good luck

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at one of the toughest sales jobs you will ever know of?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating the salary

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

If you're applying to this position, you must know, you need to be exactly the type of person they're looking for in ordered to be hired.....goal oriented, answering the questions "right", and prepared for a hard interview process. I was first contacted by a corporate recruiter to set my up my first round interview with the sales manager. The manager forgot to call me on 2 different occasions, and finally after the 3rd rescheduled interview on his behalf, we had a short 15 minute phone conversation. He asked me things like "are you an only child? What does your dad do for a living?" Thought it was weird....so didn't hear back until 2 weeks later, and the recruiter called and said "the manager really liked you and wants a1:1 interview. So I went up to DC for our 1:1. They failed to give me the Paycom pre-phone canvassing paperwork so instead of phone canvassing, which i was supposed to do, the manager asked me, again, very personal questions and tried to make a quick judgement because I was an only child from a divorced family- after talking with my HR professional at my law firm, she said you're not allowed to do that.... anyways, he basically said I'm not suited for the position but still made me wait 2 more hours for a web conference with the regional sales manager. That was awkward. He was very quick to get me out of there- BIG HINT- if they're quick to get you out of there and the say " Thanks for taking this time with us"- you're not getting the job. Sure enough, got the rejection email two days later. Great money, great company to work for, but it's really hard to get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2011.

Interview

Once you have been contacted by the recruiter they will move you along to the Sales Manager. The first step will be a phone interview. The main point of this is for the Sales Manager to see if you can close them on moving on to the next step. Then comes a 'Phone Canvassing Session', during this phase you will spend half a day (usually Tuesday or Friday morning), making cold calls, with the goal of booking 3 appointments during one session. Please know that even though they tell you you must set 3 appoitnments, you really don't. The manager will be listening to you on the phones, and if they like what they hear, they will move you along the process. Next will be an interview with their VP of Sales done over web conference. This one is a pretty easy step, just be prepared to answer standard interview questions, and make sure you close him for a recommendation to move on to the next step. The final step is a web conference meeting with the CEO. This usually will last about 5 to 10 minutes. He is very direct, and will want quick and common-sense answers from you, again, the most important step is to close him and ask for the job. You must always wear professional clothing (business suit), even to the web conference meetings.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Outside Sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In major metropolitan areas, you will be offered $40,000 base if you don't have prior Sales experience, in smaller parts of the country you will be offered a $30,000 base. If you're crafty enough, you may be able to negotiate it to $40k, but this is very unlikely.

If you have prior sales experience you should expect an offer for $50k base.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Tulsa, OK) in October 2010.

Interview

The absolute worst experience in my life. The HR Representative was professional and polite. Met with the Manager and VP next. The rudest most disrespectful human beings on the planet. They don't care about you or hearing what you have to say. I showed up at 8:15 for a 8:30 interview. I was not seen until 9:30. Lasted less then 5 minutes. When I asked a question they would not respond. I hope people read this before wasting their time. It is scary to think of working for this awful company.

Rude Management

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a lot of steps in the hiring process, but it truly allowed me to assess what the role was going to be, and who I was going to be working with.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing, welcome to the Paycom team!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes and we talked about coming in for a second interview. The next day, I received a call and asked to come in for a third interview. Maybe one or two days later, I received a follow up call from my recruiter and asked how everything went and they extended an offer. My recruiter was awesome!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom!

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty extensive. You will interview with multiple people and each of them is looking for a reason not to hire you. They want to know your background all the way back to college (including how well you did in school) and they aren't necessarily looking for someone with "too much experience". For my second interview via Skype the interviewer didn't show up. The HR person apologized and offered me a gift card in the mail for the inconvenience but it never arrived. Needless to say, I did not get this job which was a little disappointing but ultimately this company was not a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with questions for them and read up on the company before your interview.   Answer Question

Nov 9, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for your experience. The director of sales recruiting has been made aware... More

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

It drastically changes every 6 months so my interview experience will not be the same as yours. This is also because each interviewer is very different than any others. This seems to be a lack of any sort of interview training. Once you’ve made it to the point of sitting down and talking, it’s a popularity contest. Such is life.

Interview Questions

• They ask all of the basic interview questions. Again, the journey to even having that seat is the hardest part.   1 Answer

Oct 31, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! All departments continue to work on enhancing the existing interview process to ensure consistency. In regards to interviewing being a “popularity contest”, every... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

They typically go through the steps quickly, which was nice for me in need of a new job. I had my first interview Monday and had my offer by the end of the week. They have you take a quick 20 minute "Wonderlinc" test on the computer.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 29, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

- Phone Screen with recruiter
    - Skype with recruiter
    - Personality test
    - In-person interview with hiring manager
    - Presentation for manager and sales team
    - Cold calling session with minimum appointments set
    - Interview with regional manager
    - Offer/ No offer
    - Drug test

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a time a deal you were working didn't close.   1 Answer

Aug 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!