Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO).

Interview

It wasn't too difficult. You just need to relate your past sales experience. They are looking for aggression and grit. You need to convey that you will stick with it no matter what. You then have an onsite interview and you have to set 3 appointments from 9 until noon. If you can do that you get to the final interview with the vp.

Paycom Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I applied for Customer Support Specialist. I was called the following day, and had a short phone interview. The recruiter sent me a standard typing & excel test. She also sent me a "survey questionnaire" where you disclose if you have anything on your record(even speeding tickets). The recruiter called me to set up an interview for that Friday. She was talking so fast it was almost impossible to understand her. She informed me I would be interviewing for "Paycom Specialist/Team Support Specialist" neither of which I applied for. I did all my research on those positions. At the interview, they make you take a wonderlic test. I apparently didn't score high enough for them. Evidently, if I don't know if Roger is taller than Sue, I won't make a good customer support specialist. She then told me I can interview for a different position-Garnish Specialist. Obviously, I wasn't prepared to speak about that position. I found it to be extremely unprofessional & difficult to speak about a position I didn't know I would be interviewing for so I wasn't able to prepare. The manager was nice enough and kept saying "good" or "great" after everything I said. It appeared to have gone well. He ended the interview saying I probably wouldn't hear back that day because it was Friday, but I would hear back Monday or Tuesday. I never heard back from the recruiter. I even emailed her and was completely ignored. I find that so unprofessional. I'm sure this is a great company but they do things unprofessionally so be aware. heartheheabawoTuessaid

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Applied for 4 positions. All entry level, with only a high school diploma required. Have 8+ years of related experience including master's degree (3.9 GPA). I received an email the day after for one of the position basically stating that others were more qualified. The other 3 positions have been re-listed so I assume my applications were discarded. I just relocated to OKC having lived away for a couple of years. Best wishes to anyone reading this looking for employment! Don't give up or be discouraged with rejection emails; the right job is out there!!!!! Keep on keeping on....... :)

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I only got a rejection email for 1 of the 4 positions I applied for. The other 3 positions were re-listed a week after I submitted my apps.   Answer Question

Dec 8, 2015 – Representative

We greatly appreciate you applying for our Paycom opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicants profile against the requirements of the position. We appreciate your feedback and will... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My friend an I both applied for paycom, same experience background same previous employers same age. However, she received a phone call to give her further instructions and was given assessment tests. I received an email telling me there were other more qualified individuals, pretty much they didn't need me. What is the difference between my friend and I? She is white! I am not! I've heard how racist paycom is, but I did not want to believe it. Sad!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate the feedback as we are always looking to improve our application and interviewing process. Currently, as part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience... More

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview followed by an online excel assessment and a personality assessment. After that I received a call a few days later to set up an on site interview in Oklahoma City. When I first arrived I took the wonderlic test, which is a test of 50 basic knowledge questions with a 12 minute time limit. The actual interview was very brief, maybe 15 minutes. It was pretty basic questions about your resume and one or two behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Multiple Interview

Interview

Never even received an interview although I was well qualified. Some time later I ran into a group of Paycom employees and realized that it was because I wasn't under 25 years old.

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. As part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience, GPA if applicable, writing skills, completeness or... More

Interview

I received an email from one of their "Talent Acquisition Specialists" inviting me to set up a phone interview. The interview started smoothly and the job seemed to be a great fit for what I was looking for, but unfortunately it required me to spend 3 out of 5 working days traveling overnight which is not conducive to my obligations outside of work. I very politely explained that situation, and the specialist's attitude could not have changed faster. Now, I work at a staffing agency, and I understand our recruiters' disappointment when a candidate they are screening turns out not to be a fit. But they always practice professionalism and gracefully end the conversation, wishing the candidate best of luck in their search at the very least. This girl I was speaking with rudely scoffed once I declined to move further in the process and was extremely quick to hang up on me. Not even a "thank you for your time." If that is the type of professionalism at the company, I am entirely glad that I realized it wouldn't be a fit this early in the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant interview with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Got a call and email couple days later. Setup a phone interview. Initial phone interview is done thru FaceTime or Go to Meeting app/web portal.

Did the whole Go to Meeting app thru phone. This is just funny and seems very impersonal and poorly constructed. Got the young gal on the other end. You can hear everything they say but video is so choppy hard not to laugh.

They ask you questions but based on the questions I quickly sensed this gig is not for me. They are looking for recent Grads. Someone fresh, little experience, wet behind the ears type kid.

Secondly, they bring up background check. Can you pass or not? If you stole a loaf of bread consider yourself doomed. These questions shouldn't even be asked till the very end.

Interview Questions

• When did you graduate college?
      What is your GPA?
      Can you pass a background check?   Answer Question

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Asked basic questions such as tell me about yourself and why Paycom? In person interview general questions about yourself and skills you have. Why do you want to work here. Interviewees were very nice and willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed. I did enjoy my interview with Rob. The company is growing and seems to provide a great training program for newly hired interns in php, c#, and MySQL.

I would study SOLID programming principles and basic sorting algorithms. The questions did not involve the application or explanation of any Data Structures.

I do not plan on reapplying, but would recommend any ambitious undergraduates(freshman and sophomores) to apply for the invaluable interview practice.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.