Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

They go to a lot of work to screen employees, but it's not too cumbersome. You have a call with a recruiter, then you fill out the job application if you haven't already. If you clear that then you have an in-person interview. Sometimes you'll have a team interview and an interview with the department leader.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with B2Bs.   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

5 rounds. Including presentations, cold calling "try out", and in her field shadowing. You do one on ones with the manager, VP, and casually with some memebers of the sales team.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team and thank you for sharing!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes and we talked about coming in for a second interview. The next day, I received a call and asked to come in for a third interview. Maybe one or two days later, I received a follow up call from my recruiter and asked how everything went and they extended an offer. My recruiter was awesome!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Nashville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I got a message on LinkedIn about the position. Once I responded, I had a phone screen, in office interview, and a GoToMeeting web interview all within a week. After my last interview, I was offered the position within a couple of hours. The offer was contingent on a reference check, drug screen, background, and credit check. If offered the position be prepared with at least 5 professional references who will actually be contacted and expected to respond quickly. Everyone I interacted with was very positive and welcoming. I'm looking forward to starting my new position in December!

Interview Questions

• What is a common misconception people have about you?   Answer Question
    • Wonderlic personality AND skills test-- complete some practice tests online.   Answer Question

Nov 29, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process at Paycom is very very flawed, and I will get to why here. I had to change up my post some to keep it as anonymous as possible for Glassdoor. Here was my process.
    -Met them at career fair and had a fantastic conversation.
    -Emailed them afterwords about how interested I was (as I was asked to do).
    -They respond 1 MONTH later and we get the ball rolling on getting an interview set up.
    -I am set up for an interview with an interviewer over a webcam.
    -Interviewer NEVER SHOWS UP to the webcam interview and apparently had no idea it was happening.
    -After a couple weeks, I am able to have an interview with the interviewer.
    -Interview goes well, but THE POSITION THAT I WAS APPLYING FOR WASN'T EVEN AVAILABLE. Big waste of time and energy.
    -I talk to them about another location I could interview with and I am set up with another interviewer to have an interview.
    -I interview with the interviewer, and it goes decently but not well enough to proceed in the interview process.
    -I was told I was denied because THERE AREN'T ANY OPENINGS and because I don't have enough experience. I should go get a couple years of sales under my belt and apply again.
    All I ask is that if Paycom is going to go to career fairs at universities, please have students apply for positions that are actually available, and not deny them for not having a couple years of sales experience under their belt. Most college students are willing to relocate so have them apply for positions that are available or soon to be available. I and a lot of other students have been put through the ringer interviewing with Paycom because of how promising an outside sales role is there, only to be denied for reasons beyond my control. I hope this post helps. I spent a lot of time interviewing with Paycom.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. What would you consider your biggest accomplishment?
      3. What is Paycom's value proposition?
      4. What are you most afraid of?
      5. What are you doing to combat that fear?
      6. What was your most common/biggest objection/rejection in your previous job?   Answer Question

Dec 1, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we are disappointed to read of your experiences. We truly value our candidate’s time and strive for all parties to have a favorable experience. Our... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

Multiple basic questions were asked about my experience. One of the biggest questions was "what can you add to company culture?" Culture is very important to Paycom recruiters and employees.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Hiring Process was really awesome. In Tech night they toured the paycom campus and we came to know behind the walls of paycom. Both the interviewer who interviewed me were friendly and asked most of the technical and behavioral questions. I am elated to join this company

Interview Questions

• Palindrome,Recursive palindrome,count the frequency of words, string reversal,group by,oops concepts,to eturn maximum element in an array   Answer Question

Nov 17, 2017 – Representative

We're glad you had a great time at tech night. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and heard back very quickly from a recruiter. She then set up a phone screen with me, which was very conversational and felt very natural. She told me she wanted me to meet the manager at the office I would work at, and set that up for a few days later. The process would go phone screen, manager, and then two other interviews with directors.

The day of the interview with the manager, the recruiter called me and just wanted to see if I had any last minute questions and wished me luck, which was super kind. I then met with the manager, and took the online logic test. The manager asked me some questions but honestly didn't seem present or interested at all. This job was very similar to the job I currently had, so I thought I was a great fit but he just kept looking for reasons why I wouldn't fit, which was odd.

I heard back 2 days after the interview with the manager that they were not moving forward with me. Seemed weird that I wouldn't move on with the other interviews to see if the directors thought I would be a good fit, but I understand that if the manager didn't like me, then that would just be a waste of time.

It was a very quick process that was enjoyable thanks to the recruiter who worked with me throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your detailed interview review!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for multiple jobs. My interview with Paycom was a breath of fresh air. They focused on my strengths and did not ask me about my weaknesses. I went through a phone interview with a recruiter and two face to face interviews. I was given a contingent offer for employment. I was given a background check, a drug test, a reference check, and a credit check. Unfortunately, I recently went through a divorce and my credit is shot. Although I passed all aspects other than the credit report, Paycom rescinded their offer. It is disheartening that a struggling person is viewed as too big of a risk to hire. Paycom sent me my rejection letter via Fed Ex which felt spineless and cold.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 4, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We’re sorry to hear about your recent struggles, unfortunately we have a strict policy regarding hiring criteria. We wish you the best of luck.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process is LONG! If you’re not in OKC then you will have to do all of the interviews via FaceTime. First you interview with the recruiter, next a regional manager, then a regional director and finally the VP. I got up to the regional director and told me If all goes well then I would speak with the VP. The regional director interview was 40 mins and it’s all general questions on your background going as far back as college. Overall, I know the interview went great. I have 6 years of sales experience on top of my degree. 2 voicemails later and an email and I haven’t heard back since. For a company who glorifies itself on being a great Human Resources tool, it would be great to at least get a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 22, 2017 – Representative

I’m sorry you have not heard back regarding your interview. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our candidates and this includes informing individuals of the unfortunate decision to not move... More