Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was a very strict interview. The interviewers didn't really show emotion; very cookie cutter. Got invited on campus for a second interview where we had to take a skills test and then interviewed with a new team. The second interviewers were more personable. I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others.

Transition Services Representative Interview

Interview

My interview process began when a recruiter reached out to me and inquired about my interest in the position. I responded that I would be happy to speak about the position further assuming my salary and location requirements could be met. The hiring manager then contacted me to set up a time to speak about the position. The hiring manager missed our phone interview and never contacted me afterwards. A few days later, the recruiter responded saying that my salary and location requirements could not be met. If the recruiter passed on my requirements to the hiring manager, I doubt the hiring manger would have ever reached out to set up a phone interview and the recruitment process could've ended without either party wasting time.

Unfortunately, negative experiences like mine appear to not be unique. Despite the company responding saying the negative interviews are being looked into by the Director of Recruiting, it appears no impactful changes have been made to their process.

Oct 4, 2017 – Representative

At Paycom, we aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for your experience. All negative interview experiences are discussed with the director of recruiting and evaluated to ensure... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

5 rounds. Including presentations, cold calling "try out", and in her field shadowing. You do one on ones with the manager, VP, and casually with some memebers of the sales team.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team and thank you for sharing!

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter saying that my resume matched a job description. I was signed up for a phone screen, however, the recruiter couldn't have sounded more disinterested.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 1, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to hear you had an unpleasant interview experience. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

- Phone Screen with recruiter
    - Skype with recruiter
    - Personality test
    - In-person interview with hiring manager
    - Presentation for manager and sales team
    - Cold calling session with minimum appointments set
    - Interview with regional manager
    - Offer/ No offer
    - Drug test

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a time a deal you were working didn't close.   1 Answer

Aug 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an in-person interview with a manager I would report to. Then I needed to do a 6-page editing test. The last step was panel interview with more people from the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that didn't work out the way you wanted it to.   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Hardest interview of my life, and also the most rewarding!

-Recruiter made first contact on LinkedIn
    -Phone call with recruiter
    -Online application, resume submission, and personality test
    -In person interview with the sales manager
    -Power Point presentation to the local sales team
    -4 hour working interview - must book 3 appointments in 4 hours and fit in with the staff.
    -Facetime interview with Regional VP of Sales
    -Verbal job offer
    -Drug test, background check, driving history check, and must supply a minimum of 5 professional references

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you? Your personal life or professional life?   Answer Question

Jul 21, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! Thank you for the detailed review.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out to me on the phone and got a sense of who I am and what I was looking for. After that, she set me up with a FaceTime interview with an actual Paycom recruiter from their corporate headquarters. It went very well and she emailed me afterwards and said that I exceeded her expectations. Soon after, I had another FaceTime interview with a Sales Manager from Texas. During that interview, he was very direct (not a whole lot of small talk) and asked me questions based on my sales experience and why I wanted to work with a tech-company. It was very hard to hear him and felt a bit awkward. I didn't walk away from the interview with as much confidence as before. A week later I called to follow up and said they were pursuing another candidate with more experience (I had 3 years).

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems like our recruiter was highly interested in you. We encourage you to follow up with our recruiting team once you gain more experience. We wish you the... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Pasadena, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It all started very well. The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn, scheduled a phone screening/interview. Then said she wanted to move forward and to apply online, which I did. She then proceeded to schedule an interview for Thursday at 4:30pm. That Thursday at 11:30am she texted me saying that we had to reschedule because there was no one at the office to interview me. Although I was very understanding, I did think it was extremely unprofessional.
    I was going out of town the following week so she said to reschedule for when I came back. While I was gone I received a rejection email so I contacted my recruiter since I hadn't even interviewed for the position to be rejected. It took her 5 days to respond saying that they had filled the position already.
    I'm sure things would've gone differently had they not cancelled my interview the day of. I felt like I wasn't dealing with a serious company.
    Please take people's time seriously.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, but thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

It was interesting. After you get through the first interview on campus you get a second one at their headquarters where they mostly just sell the company to you and have a 30 min interview

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to see you had a neutral interview experience. In order to improve the interview process we would need details of your experience. Please provide more detail in your review or email... More