Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

224 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Multiple Interview

Interview

Never even received an interview although I was well qualified. Some time later I ran into a group of Paycom employees and realized that it was because I wasn't under 25 years old.

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. As part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience, GPA if applicable, writing skills, completeness or... More

Banking Specialist Interview

Interview

Very distant. The interview was nothing like the HR rep said it would be. It felt more like a transaction seeing as they had about 5 other rooms full of waiting candidates and they never did discuss my test results like they said they would nor did they contact me to let me know of any decision made like they said they would

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for paycom   1 Answer

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

At Paycom, we are experiencing high growth, resulting in new opportunities for our employees. To accommodate for our growth, we are continuing to hire, which often times results in multiple... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Just. Odd. The questions were pretty run of the mill, but everything was so weird with the revolving doors of interviews around you. In the interview I was told something that happened in my professional past was "God's plan". Completely inappropriate.
    Then I was told that I would be hearing from the higher up and never heard a thing. I wasn't upset about it. Everything about the place is just strange, having so many interview rooms when you walk in isn't a good first impression...it's a sign of turnover. After telling people about my experience, I've found out that their turnover is incredible, that's why they're always hiring.
    They have a packed cafeteria, that to me encourages employees not to leave and everyone looked miserable like high school. No thanks.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 18, 2016 – Representative

We are proud of our employee retention numbers as they are some of the best in the business. At Paycom, we are experiencing high growth, resulting in new opportunities for our employees. Paycom has... More

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview followed by an online excel assessment and a personality assessment. After that I received a call a few days later to set up an on site interview in Oklahoma City. When I first arrived I took the wonderlic test, which is a test of 50 basic knowledge questions with a 12 minute time limit. The actual interview was very brief, maybe 15 minutes. It was pretty basic questions about your resume and one or two behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The Sales Account Manager is the new title for the Outside Client Relations Representative position. A few days after applying I was called and emailed to schedule an interview. I interviewed first with a recruiter via FaceTime and then with the hiring manager about a week later, also via FaceTime. Both interviews were pretty standard... however this company seems to be looking for a certain type of person which could explain why they use FaceTime so early on - and the best way to describe that type is a "sorority girl". I saw a review on Glassdoor before interviewing that said you won't fit in unless you're in your mid-20s and female and was skeptical at first. But after seeing the women I interviewed with and the many employees on LinkedIn, I absolutely believe this is true.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

At Paycom, we hire based off of an applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. As part of the application process we look at several... More

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

Ignored most traditional attempts. Reached out to recruiter and finally got a response 2 weeks later. They preferred a green graduate with no experience over someone with experience and worked full time while going to school online for a degree accredited the same plus certs. I guess that is why the reported pay is so low, they prefer cheap not quality.

Interview Questions

• Where was your degree from?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Skills test. Two in person interviews (One with the manager. One with the CIO.). They started with a call about my application. Then sent me a link to test my knowledge (kinda insulting but okay). Then pulled me in for two interviews. Last interview was a dud CIO was not very interested in answering questions. Did not seem to really care.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Describe your coding style in three words.
      What do you do at your current job?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Process is pretty bureaucratic. Expect a few back and forth emails and calls with an Oklahoma rep, then a few tests, and in-person interviews. The people in Oklahoma are very helpful, however once I finally met with the Silicon Valley/San Francisco employees, the process became difficult to manage. Multiple errors were made--
    1) Despite that I work and live in San Francisco, they rescheduled my SF interview to Silicon Valley more than once. I had to keep calling back to change this because I had explained to them before, I could not make the commute without losing a few hours at my current job.
    2) They rescheduled to a 7am interview from the SF office that would webcam to Silicon Valley. The SF office opened their doors 10 minutes late and my interview then had to be split into parts to make up for the lost time.
    3) Despite having a scheduled follow up in which they said that they would call, they did not. They did not answer after that, either.
    4) Days later, they sent me an email saying that they will not be hiring me as a Garnishment Representative-- which is not the job I interviewed for over the past week and a half.
    Otherwise-- decently pleasant experience. Be ready to relate your previous experience to the job description and practice the Wonderlict tests before hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the real you, that isn't represented by this resume.   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

We’re glad you marked your experience as positive and greatly appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

First was phone screening. Second was a face-to-face interview in the company itself. They asked about my experience in php and database. And asked many questions on mysql specially. It took 2 months for the process and took 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why computer science?
      Inner join, outer left join, best thing and worst thing about php   Answer Question

Dec 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We wish you the best of luck in your job search!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Originally applied for admin assist. She said it didn't pay what I wanted but I could apply for acct manager. Phone interview went well, in person interview was hard, he seemed busy like he didn't have time for this. Also have to take math test, online assessments, typing &a data entry test and Ms excel test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hiring managers. We wish you the best of luck in your career!