Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process for me took about 2 weeks. Phone screening with Recruiter, Sales Manager interview, Head of Department Interview, Vice President of the Department Interview, and finally a field ride day. Overall the interview process is very in depth, actually the most in depth I have ever had. I see why though, Paycom is not like other companies that seem to saturate the market with sales reps or account managers which I believe sets them apart and helps with their overall growth. I had another offer with a much larger company, I'd be doing the same type of work in the same industry, but I would of had 43 PEOPLE in my department alone. With a smaller company that is rapidly growing I see some pains that might occur longer hours and some stressful days, but if you stick with it in 10 years you could look back and realize you made the best financial decision going with the smaller company with great opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a career or a job to pay the bills?   1 Answer

Aug 21, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the client relations representative team! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied via Glassdoor and Paycom's website. I did not hear anything back, so I reached out to the recruiter via the company, and he replied quickly with an interview date. I also knew someone who worked in the department I was applying, and they reached out to the Creative Director about interviewing me. My first interview was in the front of the headquarters building with the Creative Director and the Manager of Creative Services. I showed them my portfolio via my iPad and they asked me a series of questions. They invited me back for a second interview the next day. I had my second interview inside the department meeting room with 6 other managers who all asked a question. I showed them my portfolio and then got a brief tour of the building. They offered me the job a couple days later, and I had to pass a background check, have 5 references fill out a survey about me, and took a drug test. That process took about a week and then I started that next Monday!

Interview Questions

• How did you head about Paycom/why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Aug 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Webinar Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and very professional. As my first ever "corporate" interview, it has easily set the bar for any interview that I have in the future (if there is ever another one). I know that Paycom takes this process very seriously, and you can tell that they only hire top-notch people that will better the company!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 16, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

It was difficult. I had to talk with 3 people and go over scenarios. I would recommend researching and knowing about the company and what you want to strive for in a career. They seem to know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom team!

NCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather in-depth, but for good reason! I applied directly on the Paycom website after hearing about it from a current employee. It started with a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes, with a recruiter asking about my past experience and why I decided to apply to Paycom. She then wanted to schedule me for an in-person interview with a supervisor that I may work with in the department I was applying for. I was scheduled the interview once I completed a personality test and data entry tests. I then went to the Paycom HQ where I met with the supervisor who went into more detail about my experience and why I would be a good fit. I then spoke with another supervisor who asked more about who I was and why Paycom was a good match for me personally. Because of the services Paycom provides, they do conduct background checks and a drug test. Overall, I was very pleased with the interview process. The recruiters and interviewers I had talked to seemed very passionate about the company and its values and we're very helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your current supervisor, what would (s)he say is your biggest strength/weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is something you have felt passionate about in your previous organization?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply to Paycom?   Answer Question

Aug 10, 2017 – Representative

We're glad you had a great interview experience. Welcome to Paycom and the NCS department!

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a 3 part process, first was the phone interview, then it was a in person interview, then it was an interview that included giving a presentation to multiple people.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 3, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to see you had a negative interview experience. In order to improve the interview process we would need details of your experience. Please provide more detail in your review or email... More

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They will have a recruiter call you. You will have about 4 calls with them. In person interview next. Final interview is a presentation to team and you will have to cold call companies while you are their.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you everyday?   1 Answer

Jul 31, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to Paycom!

COBRA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for Paycom Specialist and I got a call for an interview about two days after applying. Went in for my interview and was told that I wasn't right for the position. But they felt that I was right for paycom. So I went in to interview for about three other positions until we found the right one for me. It was a really long, frustrating process but it all worked out in the end. The stress and countless interviews were worth it for a company like this.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your old manager what your strength is what would they say?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your employer what your weakness is what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What are your organization skills like?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work for a job that had deadlines to make?   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2017 – Representative

We're so glad to have you on the Paycom team. Welcome!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, computer test,test at job site, two face to face interviews.recruiter calls and schedules everything a preps for every step of the way. They were super helpful with every step

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. She reached out to me and we had a phone interview in which she asked me questions about my background and experience. After a personality test and a timed Math/Reasoning IQ test, I met with both of the hiring managers on webcam. They have a very particular mold they want you to fill, which is why they asked critical thinking questions. The CEO asked me why I didn't have more connections on LinkedIn, so make sure you polish your profile. Connections on LinkedIn don't matter as much to me. The real connections are in your phonebook, so I was really surprised to be asked that. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job. It seems like a very stressful and controlled environment - it's like they want a robot working for them, someone who just takes orders, not someone who can bring fresh ideas or a new way of thinking. I have also heard they are not very lenient on sick days/holidays/vacation time. Anyway, good luck to those who snagged an interview, personally this interview helped me land my next job, so I feel very neutral about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing outside of work to stimulate your mind? Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate your interest in Paycom. We evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and standards of the company. As part of the application process, we look at... More

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Paycom is a fast paced, growing company which ranked #2 on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies List and fourth on Forbes' Fast Tech 25 List this year. The organization has a...”“Paycom is a fast paced, growing company which ranked #2 on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies List and fourth on Forbes' Fast Tech 25 List this year. The organization has a focus on hiring the right talent and developing their talent. There are lots of opportunities for those looking for a career and wanting to have the ability to move within, through both promotions and lateral moves. Paycom is also an organization focused on serving the community, offering many opportunities throughout the year to support various organizations. Whether it's a clothing drive, food drive, support for hurricane victims, there is no lack of opportunity to be part of the larger Paycom vision to serve. Those at Paycom know how to work hard, but enjoy the fun activities including National Payroll Week, Customer Service Week, and lots of theme weeks. There is also an onsite gym, $4 lunches, $1 medical benefits and many other benefits and perks.” – Full Review