Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

3.1

Travelling Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 5 part process. The recruiter contacted me, we did a phone interview where the position was described. I then took a personality assessment, don't be honest or you will shoot yourself in the foot since the interview questions stem directly from this assessment. After the assessment, the recruiter called to review the results and set up an virtual interview with the person who would be my direct report. Before that interview they had me take a Wonderlic assessment to determine what level in the company I would be able to work. They would not share the results of the assessment, but did share what level I would be able to work. The recruiter called after the interview to follow up and set up the next interview. The final interview was also virtual. Over all I felt that it was a good experience, but I got the feeling that they had made up their minds earlier in the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      How important is autonomy to you?
      Name a time you felt overwhelmed and how you dealt with it?

Interview 2:
      Mainly focused on background and experience.
      Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. She was very enthusiastic and quick to follow-up. We had a Skype meeting and it went very well!

Planned meeting with Regional Sales Manager on the spot. Interview was focused around the financial benefits, closing deals, success of the team, and the technology they use. Took a online personality test beforehand.

Next step is to use their list to cold call potential clients and set up three meetings.

This position is for someone who has years of B2B experience and who has dealt with businesses that have a large number of employees. You have to be very aggressive and passionate about winning new business.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

I was sought out via LinkedIn by a recruiter who simply asked if I wanted more information about the position. We had a quick phone call where he just talked about what the job entailed and I was able to ask any questions I had. After this, he passed me onto the hiring manager for the office I was applying for. I went in and had about a pretty casual 45 minute conversation where we went over my resume, talked about why I was looking for a change, and then they answered any questions I had. From here, we scheduled my presentation and phone canvassing interview for a few days later.

For the presentation piece, the recruiter was available and extremely responsive if I had any questions before hand. What they're looking for here is that you can pitch Paycom to a group of people. You do not need to go too in depth and make sure you at least try to have fun with it! I did about a 6 minute Powerpoint.

For the phone canvassing piece, you are required to make three appointments in four hours. The recruiter recommended I read 'Cold Calling Techniques (That Really Work!)' by Stephen Schiffman. This helped me a ton and I highly recommend it before phone canvassing. Before we started cold calling, I was able to practice a little with the sales reps-- they are there to help! Ask them questions! The biggest advice I can give here is be tenacious and coachable. Do not put the phone down and if something isn't working, ask for help or try a different talk track. Persistence is key!

After this, I spoke with the hiring manager again and then was put on a call with the regional manager where we spoke a little bit about my background.

TIP: MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE THE HIRING MANAGER. Ask for the job.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed review. We're happy to have you on the Paycom team!

Banking Specialist Interview

Interview

Very distant. The interview was nothing like the HR rep said it would be. It felt more like a transaction seeing as they had about 5 other rooms full of waiting candidates and they never did discuss my test results like they said they would nor did they contact me to let me know of any decision made like they said they would

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for paycom   1 Answer

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

At Paycom, we are experiencing high growth, resulting in new opportunities for our employees. To accommodate for our growth, we are continuing to hire, which often times results in multiple ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Basic 5 minute interview about myself with recruiter
    2. Interview in depth with recruiter 30 minutes (basic interview questions)
    3. In person test (12 minutes 50 questions) then interview with sales manager
    4. Interview with regional manager
    5. Cold Calling in person

The interview process was not too bad, just had to go through a lot of people. I was able to get through it on pure personality and past experience, if you are someone who is interested in sales I would look into it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this?
      Tell me about your values?
      Go over resume
      Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very extensive interview, starting with a 30 minute call that was like an interview, then an interview a manager and a supervisor (including a knowledge quiz), and ending with an interview with a director. Though they do a very robust process, it was really fast, and everything happened in around 10 to 15 days. Recruiting process in amazingly fast and effective, you get a response in less time than most places.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Originally applied for admin assist. She said it didn't pay what I wanted but I could apply for acct manager. Phone interview went well, in person interview was hard, he seemed busy like he didn't have time for this. Also have to take math test, online assessments, typing &a data entry test and Ms excel test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hiring managers. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

4 steps, 1-3 with a recruiter, 1 face to face with and office manager, 1 face to face with regional manager, must come in and cold call with the sales teem and set 3 appointments in open territory.

Interview Questions

• They like the strong close for the next step.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at a certain set base with a comission structure.
    Once Exec Rep is reached based on performance, salary and commission increased significantly.
    Be warned they can take this away at their discretions. Ask about salary reduction agreement. This policy creates a constant state of fear with reps as its a 30k difference in base pay and that significantly affects you ability to make the needed life adjustments. I was given 2 days notice of this happening.

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was an initial 20min video interview with a recruiter. After that it was an initial 45-60min video interview with the Branch Manager (or in person if in the same city.
    If asked to move forward in the process there is an in person interview that lasts 4 hours. You have to give a 5-10min presentation about yourself and the company, and then actually set appointments with clients. The goal is 3, but they really are looking to see how you handle objection as well as how you handle yourself on the phones.
    If successful from that point, you are moved on to meet with the Regional Manager who is just running through you background again and making sure they see fit you are capable of performing the role.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review!

Transitionn Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the manager as well as the director of Implementations. Very formal. Looking for sharp individuals. No skills test. Need strong verbal skills.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you can do with a pencil besides writing?   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Paycom team!