Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Manager was very personable. Asked about past projects/typical technical questions/what I expected of the job. After that was out of the way, the manager let me know Paycom's culture and background.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 22, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom!

Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom in July 2009.

Interview

They triple booked the meeting, and then rushed me in and out of the office. I was seen by someone in mid-20's who was very unimpressive. When I went to the job fair, had spoken with the regional manager - well above the guy who opted not to continue thre process with me. Hit it off with the RM..don't know why they then had my interview with an idiot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

They seem to be more interested in what's on your resume rather than actually talking to the candidate to learn about them. The sales manager asked me 2-3 questions and sat there reading my resume most of the time. That is either poor interview preparation on her part or just a lack of interviewing skills altogether. The interview was only 15 minutes long and there was no value at all in driving down to their office to watch someone read my resume in front of me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PayCom?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview. Then you do a 4 hour tryout where you cold call companies. Then there is a phone interview with a manager. Then you do a webcam chat with the CEO.

I stopped after the initial 1:1 interview because the guy interviewing me couldn't care less about what I had to say. He was a salesman, not somebody in HR who is responsible for hiring people. The guy was very unimpressive and gave me no reason to join the company.

All in all, huge waste of time.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2011.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter, nice guy, scheduled in a face to face in Irvine, California. The day comes for the big interview in which I so diligently prepared and the door is locked; I knock, no one answers. I call the recruiter and he gives me the number to my interviewer for me to call to have her open the door...OK, cool, kinda weird, but whatever. The interview begins and the interviewer couldn't be more uninterested and distracted. I was asked NO questions regarding sales, none! She asked me "Who I admire the most" and went over my resume and college education. She wasn't interested about the statement on my resume about how I made my current company almost half a million dollars (verifiable) in revenue in a single quarter in 2010. I honestly think I was interviewed because she was forced to. As awkwardly as the interview began it was over. She had a meeting to go to, she told me.
    The interview was simple and I nailed it. In short, I'm a good interviewer and I nailed her questions, not that they were challenging, especially the one at the end when they ask you, "Do you have any questions for me"? For those who don't know, this is the time to close the deal, or interview rather.

After the interview, I called the recruiter and we chatted about the interview, good conversation. He says he'll call me the next day to let me know how it went and give me information about the next interview. He never does. If fact I didn't hear a word form him for over two weeks despite my attempts to contact him. I ended up having to call my interviewer to get some closure as I had other offers standing by but was really wanting to work for Paycom. She was surprisingly awkward on the phone, not what you you'd expect from a sales manager, and told me their offices in Oklahoma were interrupted due to the recent inclement weather and she would email him. I didn't hear from them for a few more days to receive an email from a man in their HR department whom I've never spoken with telling me I didn't get the job. Paycom is very unprofessional and might be stepping on their own feet by creating a bad reputation stemming from their interviewees who may or may not have large personal networks of small business within Paycom's target geographical area of operation. Novel complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

If you feel like the base salary is too good to be true… that’s because it is. I went to this interview, seemed like a shell of an office with not many people at all, just a big empty space. It was dull and depressing... You only need a 2.5gpa to get this job… if your desperate go for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL).

Interview

Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Aug 7, 2013 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn't normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal... More

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was nice, but seemed to be very tense. She didn't ask me any difficult questions. We spent about 45 minutes talking. Paycom wants to see that you are really into sales and have a background of customer service or sales. It wasn't stressful. I saw many young people working in the office. I had impression that the company is not hiring people older than 30.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy. For example: "Where do you want to be in five years?" or "Why do you want to work for us?".   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional company. During my first interview other employees in the office were doing planks and walls squats with rap music blasting in the background. After my interview, I was invited back for a second, which would be done via web conference. They rescheduled twice and then cancelled. I found this very unprofessional, considering I took time off of work so I could conduct the conference in privacy.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

I talked with multiple recruiters who all thought they were the first to talk to me. I would get halfway through the screening and have to tell them that I had already been asked these same questions by a different recruiter. For someone who is supposed to talk to candidates a lot, she said 'umm' way to much. Anyway, I have done two phone screens with two different recruiters and still have not heard anything back. I did get one generic decline for a position I applied over a year ago for. That was funny.

Interview Questions

• All seemed to be canned behavioral questions. there wasn't much flow, more like reading off a prompt or something. Did cover everything about the position including compensation which was about $15.00 an hour   Answer Question

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current New Client Setup in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros: “If you like the following, then this place is for you: Enjoy and make life long friends with like minded individuals. Receiving value when you add value Receiving critical feedback to...”“If you like the following, then this place is for you: Enjoy and make life long friends with like minded individuals. Receiving value when you add value Receiving critical feedback to develop skills Making an impact across millions of people throughout the US Being part of historic growth Paycom is about evolution, much like today's world and technology. We cannot stay the same, or we will get left in the dust. Paycom has a clear direction and understands that change and accountability will help achieve greatness for customers and employees. Paycom is not for people "OK" with the status quo. Paycom wants driven learners, that are willing to grow personally as fast as they will grow professionally. As hard as the work is, it's even more rewarded and Paycom does a great job recognizing employees. Whether it's all company lunches, giveaways, or a handwritten note from an Executive Leader, Paycom is all about the people.” – Full Review