Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

It went really well, and I could tell they were looking for the best candidates, which is good for a growing company. The questions were moderately difficult, but not hard to answer, as long as you answer honestly, which you should.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about overtime?   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter, that let me know about i would be a perfect candidate for the position because of the amount of awards I had accrued in such a short period and because I had working knowledge on HR solutions, like workforce. He interviewed me and told me that he would recommend an interview with a hiring manager via go to meeting. I was very excited about the meeting, unfortunately it was a bit unprofessional, the person I was interviewing with took 10 minutes due to technical glitches, which was fine except that the whole interviewed seemed rushed and not important. After only 7 minutes it was over and it felt as if my opportunity was ruined because of some technical glitch. The interviewer didn't even seem to care about my answers and wanted to get done as quick as possible I had another recruiter not more than a month later tell me again I seemed like a perfect candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you take a year off before working at your current position.   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, and thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Unfortunately, technical issues happen, but an interviewer should be fully engaged... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

They typically go through the steps quickly, which was nice for me in need of a new job. I had my first interview Monday and had my offer by the end of the week. They have you take a quick 20 minute "Wonderlinc" test on the computer.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 29, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Transition Services Representative Interview

Interview

My interview process began when a recruiter reached out to me and inquired about my interest in the position. I responded that I would be happy to speak about the position further assuming my salary and location requirements could be met. The hiring manager then contacted me to set up a time to speak about the position. The hiring manager missed our phone interview and never contacted me afterwards. A few days later, the recruiter responded saying that my salary and location requirements could not be met. If the recruiter passed on my requirements to the hiring manager, I doubt the hiring manger would have ever reached out to set up a phone interview and the recruitment process could've ended without either party wasting time.

Unfortunately, negative experiences like mine appear to not be unique. Despite the company responding saying the negative interviews are being looked into by the Director of Recruiting, it appears no impactful changes have been made to their process.

Oct 4, 2017 – Representative

At Paycom, we aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for your experience. All negative interview experiences are discussed with the director of recruiting and evaluated to ensure... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter- he was great and helped me throughout the process moving forward

In person interview with office manager- 30 min

Interview with regional vp via go to meeting

Overall I had a great experience. I felt like each person was really getting to know me and if I would be a good fit for the company. Each interview was very personable, challenging, and positive. Be prepared to speak on behalf of your experiences that have lead you to apply here, why you are interested in sales, and why you are the best choice.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your Jr. Executive interview experience!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Met a corporate recruiter at my school's career fair and passed along my resume.

About 2 weeks later, I was reached out to via email and scheduled a phone interview.

Within 2 weeks I had an in-person interview scheduled at their local satellite office.

Interview questions were pretty basic behavioral questions much like the ones you'll see when you google the top interview questions on Monster dot com.

There was an in-person interview with your manager-to-be followed by a web interview with your manager's managers. Basic behavioral questions. Expect to be able to elaborate on soft skills and your ability to manage projects, speak in front of people, and be personable (it is a client-facing role)

After this there was a Wonderlic Assessment which I had prepared for using practice tests. Basic math and logic questions, nothing too crazy, but timing is everything (it's only 10 minutes).

Received a call-back with offer a few days later along with drug screen information. Drug screen is only for hiring purposes and not recurring.

Sep 27, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

The Hiring process was fairly simple. I had a short interview and got offered the job on the same day. I had to have a background check so my first day wasn't for 2 weeks after I got hired. My first day I had orientation and a tour.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 21, 2017 – Representative

We see you accepted the offer, but didn't give specifics on how the interview experience was negative. In order to improve the interview process we would need details of your experience. Please... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

Excel quiz
    Typing Quiz
    Wonderlick Quiz

After taking the quizzes I interviewed with one of the team leads of the PSD department. I wasn't a good fit there but was called back for a second round of interviews with a different department that I was a better fit for.

Sep 20, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review! Welcome to Paycom.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in the Richmond, VA office. The manager there is clearly a successful salesperson based upon the trophies in her office. With that being said, I wasn't impressed with my experience interviewing with her. I'll say off the bat that I didn't get an offer. I'm not the least bit bitter as I accepted a great job elsewhere a few weeks later and I can understand why they'd pick another candidate and have been rejected by many other companies in the past. I was just especially rubbed the wrong way by this one.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to go in for an interview. In my first interview, I was asked basic questions and told that I did really well and they'd be in touch. Pretty standard stuff. I was told a few days later that they passed by my recruiter (after I reached out). I was disappointed but am a fairly aggressive person so I found the manager I interviewed with on LinkedIn and asked for another shot. I was excited that she responded and said they'd give me a "chance to show what I can do on the phones".

The first sign I should've taken was when I'm told by the recruiter they will have a presentation there for me to present but was then told by the person in hq that I need to make one myself...the night before!! Anyway, I stay up late to make presentation and I go in for my next interview the next day and the manager is a no show. I receive an email a few minutes after I was told to be there that the manager was sick from someone in their OKC hq. They were very limited in availability and I had to take off work short notice as did the other candidate that was there too. Obviously things happen, but you'd expect the person would apologize, nothing. It was extremely unprofessional but I didn't care because at the time I wanted the job.

I get the interview rescheduled and go in and give my presentation. I'm told I did a good job and that the primary factor into whether I'd get an offer is the phone session. I'm told that you must get at least 8 appointments (I think, it may have been less) set by making cold calls to have a chance for the job. I'm also told the record was 16 or 17. I broke that record with time to spare and the manager seemed impressed. I proceed to ask if there is any reason I wouldn't be offered. She told me I'd be moved on to final interview with her boss. She said her only concern from first interview was one answer I had. The question was "what would you do if you weren't offered this job?". My answer was that I'd go back and continue to work hard at my current job and continue to look. She said that made me seem complacent. Keep in mind, a recruiter sought me out for this position and I was a high performer at previous job. I guess a better answer would be that I was going to go home and cry? I didn't say that of course and just talked about how I really wanted this job. I'm told later that night by my recruiter I have a 99% chance of being offered.

A few days go by and I hear nothing. I reach out to my recruiter and he informs me they passed. I wouldn't be surprised if there normal practice was to just not contact ppl they weren't offering.

I message the manager and thank her and ask why she passed. I'm told I need more experience before I could even talk to her boss. They completely wasted my time. The kicker was that she asked me to come back in 6 months when I had more experience lol.

Maybe my experience was an abnormality but my perception was that the manager was an amateur when it came to interviewing and didn't seem to care about treating people with respect. The whole process from beginning to end was disorganized and the way they treated me seems to be indicative of how they treat their employees based on some reviews on here.

This job has a great starting salary and may be a great place to work, I'm just sharing my experience for you to take in to consideration.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 20, 2017 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Every sales interviewee must put together a presentation and partake in phone canvasing. The goal is to see how a person would present to a... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Pasadena, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It all started very well. The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn, scheduled a phone screening/interview. Then said she wanted to move forward and to apply online, which I did. She then proceeded to schedule an interview for Thursday at 4:30pm. That Thursday at 11:30am she texted me saying that we had to reschedule because there was no one at the office to interview me. Although I was very understanding, I did think it was extremely unprofessional.
    I was going out of town the following week so she said to reschedule for when I came back. While I was gone I received a rejection email so I contacted my recruiter since I hadn't even interviewed for the position to be rejected. It took her 5 days to respond saying that they had filled the position already.
    I'm sure things would've gone differently had they not cancelled my interview the day of. I felt like I wasn't dealing with a serious company.
    Please take people's time seriously.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, but thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an... More