Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.2

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via linked in. He sent a message asking to set up a quick short phone call to tell me more about Paycom's summer internship opportunities. After the first 15 minute interview, he scheduled another, more behavioral based 30 minute phone interview. After the interview, I sent a follow up and never got a response. Kind of weird considering he reached out to me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, skills review testing, and two in person interviews before landing the job. The recruiters handled the phone screenings before passing me off to one of the department managers. I met with him, although he seemed to have a lot on his mind during the interview. He could not provide me with any sort of job description as it was a new position to the company, despite having admin job descriptions for other departments. After the first one on one interview I met with my supervisor's supervisor who was seemingly more composed, but not nearly as personable to begin with. The second in person interview was definitely the hardest as I was presented with more in depth questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year plan?
      Why are you a good candidate for this position?
      List 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses

Feb 7, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! With all positions there should be a job description if they are interviewing to fill a spot. We are looking into that concern. Thank you for sharing your candid interview ... More

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

The process is typically multiple step, as most are. As long as you are of interest, HR will give you a call and screen you. For the specialist job, they need to know that you are comfortable speaking with people over the phone, can be understood, and are personable enough. Later, you will be sent instructions for a follow up interview on the campus. This will consist of a short computer exam that it similar to easy-moderate ACT or SAT questions. They've got to make sure they higher people with reasonable reasoning skills! After the exam, you sit with a Supervisor typically (someone who oversees a group of Team Leaders, which are people who oversee several people like you wish to be hired to be.) The Supervisor will ask you general interview questions based on how good they are at interviewing; my interviewer wasn't great. But things like, "Why do you want the position?," "What are your strengths?," and "Do you consider yourself.....?" After the Supervisor, you will likely meet with someone higher than that. They will take the time to know you and grill you further and in more meaningful ways. What drives you? Do you strive to learn? etc.... Don't be surprised if they make an offer on the spot. There may be deliberation and discussion before a formal offer is given but if they find the 'talent' they will often give a offer with you sitting there. Clarify, OH CLARIFY, the pay, the compensation, the pay increase that comes with growth. Nail it down. Ask to see a piece of paper with it on it. Just saying...

Interview Questions

• What do you do to grow yourself?   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review over our Paycom specialist role. Welcome to Paycom!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty selective and the staffs were professional staffs. I got a call from a recruiter and she said she would like to set up a phone interview. After that, she told me that i should be expecting an email with the link to take 3 assessment. I did that an she called me two days later and said i should come in for an interview

Interview Questions

• why paycom, Tell us your experience that makes you a good fit for this job   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Entry Level Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me pretty quickly. There was an initial "interview" on the phone and I was invited in for a 1:1. I then was asked back for a 2nd interview. I declined later, as I had accepted another, more competitive offer that was in line with my experience and education.

Pros: The interviewer was friendly and professional. It wasn't intimidating, more just like meeting someone new and talking about yourself and your skills. The recruiter was very clear about the position and the expectations not only for the job but interview as well. They seemed willing to take a look at what you could do and offer a position that might be a better fit for your skills, although not much further out of the box than what you applied for.

Cons: The company deals with sensitive financial information and wants to screen people well, but 3 rounds of interviews (phone screen, 1:1 and a second 1:1) for an entry level position seemed a little excessive, although understandable.

Interview Questions

• What is a misconception that people might have about you?   Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your detailed interview review. We wish you the best of luck in your new career!

Travelling Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 5 part process. The recruiter contacted me, we did a phone interview where the position was described. I then took a personality assessment, don't be honest or you will shoot yourself in the foot since the interview questions stem directly from this assessment. After the assessment, the recruiter called to review the results and set up an virtual interview with the person who would be my direct report. Before that interview they had me take a Wonderlic assessment to determine what level in the company I would be able to work. They would not share the results of the assessment, but did share what level I would be able to work. The recruiter called after the interview to follow up and set up the next interview. The final interview was also virtual. Over all I felt that it was a good experience, but I got the feeling that they had made up their minds earlier in the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      How important is autonomy to you?
      Name a time you felt overwhelmed and how you dealt with it?

Interview 2:
      Mainly focused on background and experience.

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. She was very enthusiastic and quick to follow-up. We had a Skype meeting and it went very well!

Planned meeting with Regional Sales Manager on the spot. Interview was focused around the financial benefits, closing deals, success of the team, and the technology they use. Took a online personality test beforehand.

Next step is to use their list to cold call potential clients and set up three meetings.

This position is for someone who has years of B2B experience and who has dealt with businesses that have a large number of employees. You have to be very aggressive and passionate about winning new business.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Got a call and email couple days later. Setup a phone interview. Initial phone interview is done thru FaceTime or Go to Meeting app/web portal.

Did the whole Go to Meeting app thru phone. This is just funny and seems very impersonal and poorly constructed. Got the young gal on the other end. You can hear everything they say but video is so choppy hard not to laugh.

They ask you questions but based on the questions I quickly sensed this gig is not for me. They are looking for recent Grads. Someone fresh, little experience, wet behind the ears type kid.

Secondly, they bring up background check. Can you pass or not? If you stole a loaf of bread consider yourself doomed. These questions shouldn't even be asked till the very end.

Interview Questions

• When did you graduate college?
      What is your GPA?
      Can you pass a background check?

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire ... More

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

First contacted and was instructed to take assessments online: Excel, 10-Key and Typing, and a Wonderlic personality. After] those I was contacted and set up an interview. Before speaking with an interviewer they had me take a Wonderlic assessment. Then spoke with interviewer for about 10-15 minutes, pretty typical questions and relaxed. After interview, you must complete drug test, they contact your references, regular background check.

Interview Questions

• Previous work history. Why paycom. what would you as well as former supervisors say are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team and thank you for sharing your experience!