Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.1

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. She was very enthusiastic and quick to follow-up. We had a Skype meeting and it went very well!

Planned meeting with Regional Sales Manager on the spot. Interview was focused around the financial benefits, closing deals, success of the team, and the technology they use. Took a online personality test beforehand.

Next step is to use their list to cold call potential clients and set up three meetings.

This position is for someone who has years of B2B experience and who has dealt with businesses that have a large number of employees. You have to be very aggressive and passionate about winning new business.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Got a call and email couple days later. Setup a phone interview. Initial phone interview is done thru FaceTime or Go to Meeting app/web portal.

Did the whole Go to Meeting app thru phone. This is just funny and seems very impersonal and poorly constructed. Got the young gal on the other end. You can hear everything they say but video is so choppy hard not to laugh.

They ask you questions but based on the questions I quickly sensed this gig is not for me. They are looking for recent Grads. Someone fresh, little experience, wet behind the ears type kid.

Secondly, they bring up background check. Can you pass or not? If you stole a loaf of bread consider yourself doomed. These questions shouldn't even be asked till the very end.

Interview Questions

• When did you graduate college?
      What is your GPA?
      Can you pass a background check?   Answer Question

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire... More

Interview

I received an email from one of their "Talent Acquisition Specialists" inviting me to set up a phone interview. The interview started smoothly and the job seemed to be a great fit for what I was looking for, but unfortunately it required me to spend 3 out of 5 working days traveling overnight which is not conducive to my obligations outside of work. I very politely explained that situation, and the specialist's attitude could not have changed faster. Now, I work at a staffing agency, and I understand our recruiters' disappointment when a candidate they are screening turns out not to be a fit. But they always practice professionalism and gracefully end the conversation, wishing the candidate best of luck in their search at the very least. This girl I was speaking with rudely scoffed once I declined to move further in the process and was extremely quick to hang up on me. Not even a "thank you for your time." If that is the type of professionalism at the company, I am entirely glad that I realized it wouldn't be a fit this early in the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant interview with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Travelling Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 5 part process. The recruiter contacted me, we did a phone interview where the position was described. I then took a personality assessment, don't be honest or you will shoot yourself in the foot since the interview questions stem directly from this assessment. After the assessment, the recruiter called to review the results and set up an virtual interview with the person who would be my direct report. Before that interview they had me take a Wonderlic assessment to determine what level in the company I would be able to work. They would not share the results of the assessment, but did share what level I would be able to work. The recruiter called after the interview to follow up and set up the next interview. The final interview was also virtual. Over all I felt that it was a good experience, but I got the feeling that they had made up their minds earlier in the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      How important is autonomy to you?
      Name a time you felt overwhelmed and how you dealt with it?

Interview 2:
      Mainly focused on background and experience.   Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Entry Level Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me pretty quickly. There was an initial "interview" on the phone and I was invited in for a 1:1. I then was asked back for a 2nd interview. I declined later, as I had accepted another, more competitive offer that was in line with my experience and education.

Pros: The interviewer was friendly and professional. It wasn't intimidating, more just like meeting someone new and talking about yourself and your skills. The recruiter was very clear about the position and the expectations not only for the job but interview as well. They seemed willing to take a look at what you could do and offer a position that might be a better fit for your skills, although not much further out of the box than what you applied for.

Cons: The company deals with sensitive financial information and wants to screen people well, but 3 rounds of interviews (phone screen, 1:1 and a second 1:1) for an entry level position seemed a little excessive, although understandable.

Interview Questions

• What is a misconception that people might have about you?   Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your detailed interview review. We wish you the best of luck in your new career!

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in the beginning of January, 2017. I began with an informational phone call where I was told about the company. I then did a formal phone interview with my recruiter. After another 3 weeks, I had an interview with the Regional Vice President of Sales via GoToMeeting. On to the 4th round, I interviewed with the Phoenix office sales manager via GoToMeeting. After this interview, I waited a full 4 weeks to hear back from my recruiter. On April 3rd, I received my offer. I completed a drug test, and full background and reference check. But, after a Minor in Possession of alcohol (MIP) ticket was found on my record from when I was a teenager, my offer was revoked. It took until April 26th to receive my official rejection letter. All in all, it was an unprofessional and lengthy process where I was left in the dark the majority of the time. Would not recommend to a friend.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 2, 2017 – Representative

We’re sorry for the delayed notifications; however, it is our goal to ensure we are hiring the best candidate possible and considering the amount of highly qualified candidates we get, the process... More

Interview

A recruiter had contacted me saying she thought I'd be a great fit for this job and had seen my resume on a job board. She had sent me an email and also called me and left a voicemail saying she was excited about me joining the company and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I was busy and wasn't able to respond for a few days, so she then sent me a couple of other emails and phone calls. When I called her back, she was really excited and wanted to set up an interview immediately. When we had finally had our phone interview, she told me again she was excited for me to join the company and thought I'd be a great fit for the role, and she told me to first complete a series of assessments. She then sent me another email saying she thought I would be a great fit for this position. After I had finished the assessment, she called me again the next day and told me to call her back. When I called her, she said she had a few other questions for me. At the end of our call, she had told me again she had thought I was a great fit for the role and was excited to get me started. The next day, I received an email saying I would not be moving on in the process. All this after she had called and emailed me about 5 times trying to get a hold of me to interview and saying she was excited for me to get started and saying I was a good fit? She was nice during our talks, but I don't know why she kept on calling and emailing me so many times. I hadn't heard of Paycom before and wasn't looking at Paycom until she had kept on trying to contact me to talk to her. I would recommend that the recruiter I had dealt with act more professional and not try to keep on contacting me everyday to interview me and string me along by saying she's excited for me to join or that I'm a great fit if that isn't the case.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve our interview process. Our goal is to give the best experience to each candidate during every step of the process, even when we’ve made... More

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

First contacted and was instructed to take assessments online: Excel, 10-Key and Typing, and a Wonderlic personality. After] those I was contacted and set up an interview. Before speaking with an interviewer they had me take a Wonderlic assessment. Then spoke with interviewer for about 10-15 minutes, pretty typical questions and relaxed. After interview, you must complete drug test, they contact your references, regular background check.

Interview Questions

• Previous work history. Why paycom. what would you as well as former supervisors say are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team and thank you for sharing your experience!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty selective and the staffs were professional staffs. I got a call from a recruiter and she said she would like to set up a phone interview. After that, she told me that i should be expecting an email with the link to take 3 assessment. I did that an she called me two days later and said i should come in for an interview

Interview Questions

• why paycom, Tell us your experience that makes you a good fit for this job   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via linked in. He sent a message asking to set up a quick short phone call to tell me more about Paycom's summer internship opportunities. After the first 15 minute interview, he scheduled another, more behavioral based 30 minute phone interview. After the interview, I sent a follow up and never got a response. Kind of weird considering he reached out to me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck!