Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was an initial 20min video interview with a recruiter. After that it was an initial 45-60min video interview with the Branch Manager (or in person if in the same city.
    If asked to move forward in the process there is an in person interview that lasts 4 hours. You have to give a 5-10min presentation about yourself and the company, and then actually set appointments with clients. The goal is 3, but they really are looking to see how you handle objection as well as how you handle yourself on the phones.
    If successful from that point, you are moved on to meet with the Regional Manager who is just running through you background again and making sure they see fit you are capable of performing the role.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

A Paycom recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin. First was a phone screen, next you went into the office for a skype interview and then the last was with the director over skype again. It was pretty simple except for the last interview with the Director. He wanted to make it known he was the boss. He was asking questions that were pointless and had nothing to do with my work experience but wanted to see if you cracked under pressure. Also, the previous person I interviewed was observing me and came on half way through and no one told me about it. They silently came on half way in and I noticed the person and there was no acknowledgment of it. I just got a bad vibe from the whole interview with the director and was neutral about not getting an offer.

This was back in March. It is now the end of August and I had two separate recruiting firms reach out to me and ask me if I would be interested in interviewing. When I tell them I interviewed in the beginning of spring and now its the end of summer and two other people have reached out to me about they are shocked by it.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Representative

Questions asked during the interview process are to learn about your experience, and to determine if you’re a fit for the position, not to see if you crack under pressure. Also, any additional ... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My friend an I both applied for paycom, same experience background same previous employers same age. However, she received a phone call to give her further instructions and was given assessment tests. I received an email telling me there were other more qualified individuals, pretty much they didn't need me. What is the difference between my friend and I? She is white! I am not! I've heard how racist paycom is, but I did not want to believe it. Sad!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate the feedback as we are always looking to improve our application and interviewing process. Currently, as part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience ... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied via Paycom website. Received call from HR department's talent acquisition team doing brief interview over the phone. Just kind of went over experience and knowledge of specific areas. Asked to do an online personality and Excel assessment, then was asked to come in for a in person interview with department manager. The day of the interview, they had me take a Wonderlic test (similar to what NFL players take during the combine) and then had about a 45 minute interview with department manager. Spent most of the time time discussing how the position applied to the department and about the company itself. Not a very stressful interview in terms of answering question, but felt like I didn’t have adequate time to voice how my knowledge or past experiences that could of benefited Paycom in this position. Was told I would hear back from them in a week, and I did. However, instead of receiving some kind of call, I received the generic e-mail above pursuing other options for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a process or procedure, and improved either the efficiency or the time it took, and how you went about accomplishing it?   Answer Question

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for investing your time in our interview process. Our goal is to give the best experience to each candidate during every step of the process. We know timely feedback is important to ... More

HCM Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I got a call 4 days after applying for the administrative assistant job saying they thought I'd be more qualified for the HCM product specialist position. I did a phone interview then a 1 on 1 interview with Zane. He stated at the end of the interview that someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. I got an email 3 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

We know timely feedback is important to jobseekers and often times email is the fastest way to communicate decisions. We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Everyone was very open about what the job entails. Everyone I met with was extremely nice and considerate. I loved the amount of time each person took to get to know me. I talked to my recruiter, the manager, did a ride along and met with the director and VP-- long process but I understand why. I had to role play during the last interview so I was a little nervous at first, but ended up being more excited about the position. I didn't get the offer, but I plan on getting more experience and apply in 6 months!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Phone interview went well and knew about the company and just basic information and review of my resume. The HR passed it along to the development manger and would be selecting who they would interview at the end of the week. Three days later received email stating they had more qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing! We wish you the best of luck.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I went through a screening with a recruiter who reached out to me directly and then a Skype interview with a Paycom HR representative. Process was very easy, relaxed and straightforward. No tricks or gimmicks. I realized the position wasn't what I was looking for and notified the recruiter so as to not waste the time of a hiring manager on the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why would your past experiences make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Operations Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I got a phone call about a possible interview with this company. I was told I had to take 3 different tests and then they would get back to me. Got another phone call about an hour later telling me I did great and we set up an interview. Had to take another test before the interview even started. The test is pretty difficult and made me feel like I was in high school again. Interviewer asked me maybe 5 questions and then told me about the company. I asked when they were planning to make a hiring decision and she said the following week. I asked if I could follow up with them sometime this week and she said sure. Two days later I get an e-mail saying sorry but they found a better fit. I wasn't even worth a phone call. Sorry I wasted my time.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a Face Time interview with a Paycom recruiter first. This interview was organized and detailed. She asked a lot of questions pertaining to my experience and the position I had applied for. She then arranged an in-person interview with the manager in Miami and this was not a very thorough interview. I was only asked 2 general questions by the him before he confessed that he had forgotten the other questions he had planned to ask. I felt that he was very unprepared and it was a total waste of my time. This is a very entry level company and the young managers are not able to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. The director of recruiting has been made aware of your experience.