Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I went through a screening with a recruiter who reached out to me directly and then a Skype interview with a Paycom HR representative. Process was very easy, relaxed and straightforward. No tricks or gimmicks. I realized the position wasn't what I was looking for and notified the recruiter so as to not waste the time of a hiring manager on the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why would your past experiences make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Operations Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I got a phone call about a possible interview with this company. I was told I had to take 3 different tests and then they would get back to me. Got another phone call about an hour later telling me I did great and we set up an interview. Had to take another test before the interview even started. The test is pretty difficult and made me feel like I was in high school again. Interviewer asked me maybe 5 questions and then told me about the company. I asked when they were planning to make a hiring decision and she said the following week. I asked if I could follow up with them sometime this week and she said sure. Two days later I get an e-mail saying sorry but they found a better fit. I wasn't even worth a phone call. Sorry I wasted my time.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

We know timely feedback is important to jobseekers and often times email is the fastest way to communicate decisions. We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a Face Time interview with a Paycom recruiter first. This interview was organized and detailed. She asked a lot of questions pertaining to my experience and the position I had applied for. She then arranged an in-person interview with the manager in Miami and this was not a very thorough interview. I was only asked 2 general questions by the him before he confessed that he had forgotten the other questions he had planned to ask. I felt that he was very unprepared and it was a total waste of my time. This is a very entry level company and the young managers are not able to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. The director of recruiting has been made aware of your experience.

Recruitement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Following a brief phone conversation I was directed to take online skills tests, personality assessment and supplemental questionnaire. Interview process itself was fine. I had to call back to check on status of application to which I was given a return phone call and told that I was not selected, that their background check is very selective.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 1, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for investing your time in our interview process. Our process does involve several steps including assessments and interviews to ensure we set our new hires up for success. Our goal is to ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, filled out my schedule to start, then got a rejection e-mail the next day. I asked what went wrong in the process and was told they can't tell me that information. A recruiter reached out again and apologized and said they would work to fix this. Filled out all of the same paperwork again, and when it was time to schedule my interview, I was ignored for 3 days. When e-mailing to confirm all paperwork was received, I got a rejection e-mail an hour later. Hope it is improved for others, good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We always aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time. Our recruiters should not have ignored your emails. These practices do not align with the recruiting department’s core values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by an outside recruiter and this involved a quick phone interview to ensure I qualified for what Paycom was looking for. Then I did a Skype interview with one of Paycom's corporate recruiters. This followed with an office interview with the sales manager where she basically wanted to get to know me personally outside of my resume to see if I would be a good fit for the role and if I would fit in with the company's culture.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Was first reached out by a senior recruiter on linked-in in January, 2016. After replying, I did not hear back from the recruiter for about 2 weeks and sent another message to try to get a hold of him. Nothing was heard back and the trail went cold for a while until a classmate of mine referred me to another recruiter and I began speaking with him. I spoke with him several times and picked out a location that I wanted to pursue, after that I spoke with the Manager of that office over gotomeeting. The meeting went well and I had high hopes that it was in the bag, later to find out from the recruiter that I had spoken to that they had gone with "a more experienced prospect" but that they wanted to me to interview with another location. I began the process with the next office and interviewed first with the manager of the office and then with regional vp of the area. After those meeting I was invited to the "phone canvassing" session with the goal of setting 3 meetings. This is straight cold calling on old crm accounts that have either been looked at or pursued by Paycom in the past. I ended up closing three meetings and was quickly shooed out the door with no feedback so that they could interview someone else in that time. 2 weeks later I was called by the recruiter to be told that they were once again going with "a more experienced prospect. Throughout the process I sent follow up emails to each manager that I spoke with to thank them for their time and wish them the best and was never once gotten back to. If that is the type of attention that a company gives to you before you are even hired then I cannot imagine how their employees are treated.Overall from what I saw, This company does have a solid product and goal but all of the management that I had contact with seemed to be very unresponsive and disconnected.

Interview Questions

• Why hire you over another prospect?
      How do you recover from rejection?
      Answer Question

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate all feedback and will use this as a means to improve the interview processes. Your experience is not the norm and your comments have been sent to our director of recruiting.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The process was okay. I had a recruiter reach out and interviewed over the phone with her for about a half hour. Straight forward, they move you on to a recruiter at Paycom. This interview, again, is straight forward and then the recruiter sets up a F2F with the sales manager. Again, nothing too hard. Asks why you want to work for Paycom. The next step is interesting. they set you up doing a cold call canvas. I had a pretty bad experience. The list is from their CRM, contacts are old (ex. he hasn't been here for 3 years), a couple of numbers were out of the territory, and they want you to lie about their product and people they helped to get meetings. If you think you will move on to the last step you have another thing coming. Don't assume anything. The question was avoided when I asked what the turnover was in a company like Paycom and what are the reasons someone might leave? I was run around the loop. So they basically got 3 leads for free. Knowing what I do, I would never do that again.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2016 – Representative

As you saw firsthand through our detailed interview process, we are very meticulous when hiring for our sales team. One of the steps during a sales interview is phone canvassing prospects from our ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Paycom has a quota for how many people they need to interview per week. You know what that means? Probably high turnover. Can't believe I even considered this place as an option, it wasn't for me. I got past the phone screen, into a webcam interview, went in for an in-person, and then went in for phone canvassing (for 3 hours). It was all good until that last day when they rushed me out the door.

My favorite part? Phone canvassing on Good Friday. First of all, the people we were cold calling didn't want to be cold called. Second, they don't want to be working on Good Friday. Last, they DEFINITELY did not want to hear from Paycom.

I spoke to the few folks that didn't cringe and hang up instantly upon hearing 'Paycom.' Instead of shoving Paycom down their throats, I had nice conversations with them. I asked some probing questions, dug a bit deeper. What'd I learn? People don't want to hear from Paycom and most were irritated to hear from me. What else? When someone asks to be taken off the calling list and the manager is notified - guess what? You have to remove the person from the calling list. At least last I checked. I think there are laws...

Anyway, I'm glad I got to see what the inside of the place looks like - nothing special, btw. And yeah, you could say I'm a bit bitter. One could even say I'm just not cut out for sales. But seriously, did I change your mind about Paycom at all? In closing, go google "best human capital management software." What do you see?

Interview Questions

• Basic questions can be answered with basic answers.   1 Answer

May 24, 2016 – Representative

We are proud of our employee retention numbers as they are some of the best in the business. We are also receiving a high volume of incredibly talented individuals who wish to join our unbelievable ... More

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

I initially applied on linkedin, I was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was easy and light conversation, I was asked "What was the last book I read?" Next I received an email a few days later to set up an in person interview. The face to face interview was easy, I also received a tour of the facility.