Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

471 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process for me took about 2 weeks. Phone screening with Recruiter, Sales Manager interview, Head of Department Interview, Vice President of the Department Interview, and finally a field ride day. Overall the interview process is very in depth, actually the most in depth I have ever had. I see why though, Paycom is not like other companies that seem to saturate the market with sales reps or account managers which I believe sets them apart and helps with their overall growth. I had another offer with a much larger company, I'd be doing the same type of work in the same industry, but I would of had 43 PEOPLE in my department alone. With a smaller company that is rapidly growing I see some pains that might occur longer hours and some stressful days, but if you stick with it in 10 years you could look back and realize you made the best financial decision going with the smaller company with great opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a career or a job to pay the bills?   1 Answer

Aug 21, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the client relations representative team! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter, that let me know about i would be a perfect candidate for the position because of the amount of awards I had accrued in such a short period and because I had working knowledge on HR solutions, like workforce. He interviewed me and told me that he would recommend an interview with a hiring manager via go to meeting. I was very excited about the meeting, unfortunately it was a bit unprofessional, the person I was interviewing with took 10 minutes due to technical glitches, which was fine except that the whole interviewed seemed rushed and not important. After only 7 minutes it was over and it felt as if my opportunity was ruined because of some technical glitch. The interviewer didn't even seem to care about my answers and wanted to get done as quick as possible I had another recruiter not more than a month later tell me again I seemed like a perfect candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you take a year off before working at your current position.   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, and thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Unfortunately, technical issues happen, but an interviewer should be fully engaged... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes and we talked about coming in for a second interview. The next day, I received a call and asked to come in for a third interview. Maybe one or two days later, I received a follow up call from my recruiter and asked how everything went and they extended an offer. My recruiter was awesome!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom!

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a 3 part process, first was the phone interview, then it was a in person interview, then it was an interview that included giving a presentation to multiple people.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 3, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to see you had a negative interview experience. In order to improve the interview process we would need details of your experience. Please provide more detail in your review or email... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Richmond, VA).

Interview

My recruiter was Jaden, she was very nice and reached out to me on LinkedIn. Was very helpful and readily available throughout majority of process. Interview was fairly easy was a go-to-meeting with one of the directors. 2nd interview was with a higher up director via go-to meeting. Nothing crazy hard.

Only feedback I can give would be to follow up with candidates when they get rejected. Makes your company more genuine and professional even if you get rejected. Instead they send out a very impersonal email that is clearly a copy and pasted cop-out so they don't have to talk to you. Would've been a very positive interview if I would've just gotten the personal feedback, nice closure most people can handle.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something I should know about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Aug 3, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the feedback regarding rejection emails. At Paycom, reaching out personally to candidates is a normal practice, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not move forward. The director... More

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter and was then moved on to interview with the sales manager. While the interview went well, I never heard back from anyone until I followed up.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. We wish you the best.

NCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather in-depth, but for good reason! I applied directly on the Paycom website after hearing about it from a current employee. It started with a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes, with a recruiter asking about my past experience and why I decided to apply to Paycom. She then wanted to schedule me for an in-person interview with a supervisor that I may work with in the department I was applying for. I was scheduled the interview once I completed a personality test and data entry tests. I then went to the Paycom HQ where I met with the supervisor who went into more detail about my experience and why I would be a good fit. I then spoke with another supervisor who asked more about who I was and why Paycom was a good match for me personally. Because of the services Paycom provides, they do conduct background checks and a drug test. Overall, I was very pleased with the interview process. The recruiters and interviewers I had talked to seemed very passionate about the company and its values and we're very helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your current supervisor, what would (s)he say is your biggest strength/weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is something you have felt passionate about in your previous organization?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply to Paycom?   Answer Question

Aug 10, 2017 – Representative

We're glad you had a great interview experience. Welcome to Paycom and the NCS department!

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied via Glassdoor and Paycom's website. I did not hear anything back, so I reached out to the recruiter via the company, and he replied quickly with an interview date. I also knew someone who worked in the department I was applying, and they reached out to the Creative Director about interviewing me. My first interview was in the front of the headquarters building with the Creative Director and the Manager of Creative Services. I showed them my portfolio via my iPad and they asked me a series of questions. They invited me back for a second interview the next day. I had my second interview inside the department meeting room with 6 other managers who all asked a question. I showed them my portfolio and then got a brief tour of the building. They offered me the job a couple days later, and I had to pass a background check, have 5 references fill out a survey about me, and took a drug test. That process took about a week and then I started that next Monday!

Interview Questions

• How did you head about Paycom/why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Aug 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Long process. Recruiter called me on phone to talk to me about half an hour. Sent me 4 computer tests (10 key, excel, typing and personality) to complete. Called me back and asked me to come in for an interview. I came in and first had to take a math/reading assessment. Had interview with Supervisor and it was a lot about how I would relate with the people on my team and connect with our clients. Later that afternoon I was asked to come back for a second interview. The second interview had more to do with how would I accomplish all my daily tasks and meet goals. Next day got a call saying I needed to send references, do a credit, background and drug test. Long process, but I can totally see why.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 25, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review. Welcome to the Paycom team!