Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Two small phone interviews, some pre testing before, excel, 10 key, typing tests, then a two person interview. Do your research, show why you want to work for the company, if you do your research your enthusiasm alone will help you. Really easy to work with I had to put in a longer than usual notice at previous employment, and they were very understanding and helpful.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in the beginning of January, 2017. I began with an informational phone call where I was told about the company. I then did a formal phone interview with my recruiter. After another 3 weeks, I had an interview with the Regional Vice President of Sales via GoToMeeting. On to the 4th round, I interviewed with the Phoenix office sales manager via GoToMeeting. After this interview, I waited a full 4 weeks to hear back from my recruiter. On April 3rd, I received my offer. I completed a drug test, and full background and reference check. But, after a Minor in Possession of alcohol (MIP) ticket was found on my record from when I was a teenager, my offer was revoked. It took until April 26th to receive my official rejection letter. All in all, it was an unprofessional and lengthy process where I was left in the dark the majority of the time. Would not recommend to a friend.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 2, 2017 – Representative

We’re sorry for the delayed notifications; however, it is our goal to ensure we are hiring the best candidate possible and considering the amount of highly qualified candidates we get, the process... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

First off let me start by saying this. If you are a brown person and you are interested in a position here, I would stay away! Keep reading and you will know why.

I applied to the position through Linked in and was reached out to by Email for a webcam interview. The recruiter was very nice and a genuinely good person. When we got on the Skype call, he saw my face (I had a small beard) and told me that he now has put a "face to the name" and that we can talk on the phone instead of on Skype. Which was not a big deal because we were having sound issues with Skype. The interview was fine, and at the end he set up a face to face with the manager at the office. Before we hung up, he asked me about my beard, He asked me if it was for religion or for something else. He also told me that if I want my chances of moving forward to be higher that I should shave. He told me that the reason for this was to "look more professional" and so the manager doesn't say "oh he doesn't listen to orders". I was okay with shaving but my point is, if you are growing a beard for religion you are out of luck, you will be discriminated against and your chances of moving forward will be lower...

The recruiter loved me and even sent me tips on how to do well in the next interview.

Face to Face interview ---

When I went to the Face to Face interview, The manager saw me waiting out the door and walked towards me the door to open it, when he saw my face, he proceeded to stop give me the "wait" finger and started talking to one of his co-workers, right in front of me. As I waited there for what seemed to be 5 minutes, he finally stop talking to his coworker and let me in. (felt like i was at a zoo being watched) Anyways, when I got in the office, every SINGLE PERSON was white. no diversity what so ever. Being a brown person, I am used to this kind of thing when it comes to big companies like this. Anyways, when I was in the office with him, we talked a bit about my self, and how I grew up and he asked me a couple of interview questions. During my interview, he told me that this was to get to know me and it was nothing too formal, but he did not seem interested at all to what I was saying and was looking at his computer screen.

When the interview was over, I closed and asked next steps. He told me that he still had to talk to the recruiter and if they "think I am a good fit they will contact me" ... but I thought this was a personality interview rather than how well i could do the job???

Long story short, it felt Awkward, I felt like the odd ball out, I saw a couple of negative reviews on here before my interviews about the company discriminating if you are brown, I dismissed them as people who were mad they didn't get the job but they turned out to be right.

Moral of the interview process -- If you are Brown or if you have a beard, dont apply here, you most likely wont get it.

Thanks for tuning in folks, and good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments very seriously. We take pride in the... More

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter and moved to a face to face with principals. That interview lasted around an hour and was on site in their lobby that they have set up for interviewing. There was a follow up email and then a lunch a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult manager and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We wish you the best of luck during your career search.

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, the recruiter was awesome and super nice! had a phone screen then told to have an in person interview where you take a test and then have a normal interview. The guy that interviewed me obviously didn't want to be there and kept looking at his apple watch and phone while I was talking. Extremely rude and uninterested in the interview right from the start. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with a hiring manager. We are looking into this. We wish you nothing but the best in your career search.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Step Interview process after speaking with recruiter - in person with sales manager, 2nd in person with sales manager and team which involved a presentation and cold calling, 3rd interview via Skype with Regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Where are you ranked in terms of success at your current job? Why aren't you #1?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

Thanks for sharing! Welcome to the team.

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   2 Answers

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Travelling Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 5 part process. The recruiter contacted me, we did a phone interview where the position was described. I then took a personality assessment, don't be honest or you will shoot yourself in the foot since the interview questions stem directly from this assessment. After the assessment, the recruiter called to review the results and set up an virtual interview with the person who would be my direct report. Before that interview they had me take a Wonderlic assessment to determine what level in the company I would be able to work. They would not share the results of the assessment, but did share what level I would be able to work. The recruiter called after the interview to follow up and set up the next interview. The final interview was also virtual. Over all I felt that it was a good experience, but I got the feeling that they had made up their minds earlier in the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      How important is autonomy to you?
      Name a time you felt overwhelmed and how you dealt with it?

Interview 2:
      Mainly focused on background and experience.   Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. She was very enthusiastic and quick to follow-up. We had a Skype meeting and it went very well!

Planned meeting with Regional Sales Manager on the spot. Interview was focused around the financial benefits, closing deals, success of the team, and the technology they use. Took a online personality test beforehand.

Next step is to use their list to cold call potential clients and set up three meetings.

This position is for someone who has years of B2B experience and who has dealt with businesses that have a large number of employees. You have to be very aggressive and passionate about winning new business.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!