Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.1

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Originally applied for admin assist. She said it didn't pay what I wanted but I could apply for acct manager. Phone interview went well, in person interview was hard, he seemed busy like he didn't have time for this. Also have to take math test, online assessments, typing &a data entry test and Ms excel test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hiring managers. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

4 steps, 1-3 with a recruiter, 1 face to face with and office manager, 1 face to face with regional manager, must come in and cold call with the sales teem and set 3 appointments in open territory.

Interview Questions

• They like the strong close for the next step.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at a certain set base with a comission structure.
    Once Exec Rep is reached based on performance, salary and commission increased significantly.
    Be warned they can take this away at their discretions. Ask about salary reduction agreement. This policy creates a constant state of fear with reps as its a 30k difference in base pay and that significantly affects you ability to make the needed life adjustments. I was given 2 days notice of this happening.

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was an initial 20min video interview with a recruiter. After that it was an initial 45-60min video interview with the Branch Manager (or in person if in the same city.
    If asked to move forward in the process there is an in person interview that lasts 4 hours. You have to give a 5-10min presentation about yourself and the company, and then actually set appointments with clients. The goal is 3, but they really are looking to see how you handle objection as well as how you handle yourself on the phones.
    If successful from that point, you are moved on to meet with the Regional Manager who is just running through you background again and making sure they see fit you are capable of performing the role.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review!

Transitionn Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the manager as well as the director of Implementations. Very formal. Looking for sharp individuals. No skills test. Need strong verbal skills.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you can do with a pencil besides writing?   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred in (highly suggested) and applying remotely so my process was slightly modified. Had a phone call with the corporate recruiter, GoTo Meeting (coat and tie) with my potential manager, 4 hour cold calling session to procure three appointments, post cold call I met in person with my potential manager and regional manager, separately. Word of advice: close the deal when meeting with them.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Started with an Initial Phone Screen with a Paycom recruiter , On-site manager Interview, Phone Canvassing for four hours in the office (Basically just cold calling and trying to set meetings. Was required to set three meetings in this time) , Regional Manager Interview (via web cam), Chief Sales Officer Interview ( via web cam).

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions about my experience, personality. Situational questions.   1 Answer

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

HCM Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I got a call 4 days after applying for the administrative assistant job saying they thought I'd be more qualified for the HCM product specialist position. I did a phone interview then a 1 on 1 interview with Zane. He stated at the end of the interview that someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. I got an email 3 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

We know timely feedback is important to jobseekers and often times email is the fastest way to communicate decisions. We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process has multiple steps and is extremely thorough. It gives both the candidate (myself) and Paycom (managers and team members) an adequate opportunity to learn more about each other, position and to ensure that it is a good fit for everyone involved. I, as a candidate, wanted to make sure that in any change I made, I knew exactly what my role was going to look like. The interview process at Paycom gave me a complete look at the company, management team, sales team and sales process. They were honest and upfront about the role and the expectations. Everyone was extremely professional and informative.

Interview Questions

• There were no specific questions that caught me off guard or that I didn't prepare for through research and my work history.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Everyone was very open about what the job entails. Everyone I met with was extremely nice and considerate. I loved the amount of time each person took to get to know me. I talked to my recruiter, the manager, did a ride along and met with the director and VP-- long process but I understand why. I had to role play during the last interview so I was a little nervous at first, but ended up being more excited about the position. I didn't get the offer, but I plan on getting more experience and apply in 6 months!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. Webcam Screen
    3. Face to Face
    4. Phone Canvassing
    5. Webcam interview with VP

First phone screen is pretty straight forward. The webcam screen is done so the HR person can see you and make sure you don't have any face tattoos or septum piercings. The goal of the phone canvassing was to schedule 3 appointments. They had me do this heads up with another applicant and we both scheduled three appointments. The director is pretty involved with this. I think they want to see how you overcome objections and react to constructive criticism. Final interview was immediately after the phone canvassing with the VP. This is a 20 to 30 min formal interview and he/she will have the final decision.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 24, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom. We know it can be upsetting to not be selected and as you can tell by our process, we take every hire very seriously. We wish you the best! If you can offer any... More