Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process has multiple steps and is extremely thorough. It gives both the candidate (myself) and Paycom (managers and team members) an adequate opportunity to learn more about each other, position and to ensure that it is a good fit for everyone involved. I, as a candidate, wanted to make sure that in any change I made, I knew exactly what my role was going to look like. The interview process at Paycom gave me a complete look at the company, management team, sales team and sales process. They were honest and upfront about the role and the expectations. Everyone was extremely professional and informative.

Interview Questions

• There were no specific questions that caught me off guard or that I didn't prepare for through research and my work history.   Answer Question

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Everyone was very open about what the job entails. Everyone I met with was extremely nice and considerate. I loved the amount of time each person took to get to know me. I talked to my recruiter, the manager, did a ride along and met with the director and VP-- long process but I understand why. I had to role play during the last interview so I was a little nervous at first, but ended up being more excited about the position. I didn't get the offer, but I plan on getting more experience and apply in 6 months!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. Webcam Screen
    3. Face to Face
    4. Phone Canvassing
    5. Webcam interview with VP

First phone screen is pretty straight forward. The webcam screen is done so the HR person can see you and make sure you don't have any face tattoos or septum piercings. The goal of the phone canvassing was to schedule 3 appointments. They had me do this heads up with another applicant and we both scheduled three appointments. The director is pretty involved with this. I think they want to see how you overcome objections and react to constructive criticism. Final interview was immediately after the phone canvassing with the VP. This is a 20 to 30 min formal interview and he/she will have the final decision.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 24, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom. We know it can be upsetting to not be selected and as you can tell by our process, we take every hire very seriously. We wish you the best! If you can offer any ... More

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruited me, then a phone interview, then a webcam interview, then a face to face interview, then I was able to shadow, then there was an offer. I thought it was very formal/ professional.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you, how my experience relates to this position and why I think I'll be successful, where else am I applying?   Answer Question

May 9, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience!

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter called me within a day of applying and asked me to come in for an interview. My first interview was with the training department team leader. A few days later, the recruiter called to ask me back for a second interview, and had me take a few basic business and writing tests. The second interview, I met with the team leader, another member of the team and the COO of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about the company, why I wanted to work there and how I would describe myself. Paycom is looking for positive people who love to learn! If you are not one of those people, you will not get the job.   Answer Question

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

Very extensive! First contacted via phone by a recruiter. She provided an overview of the position as well as compensation/benefits. Followed by a webcam interview with the recruiter who asked typical questions about background and experience. After this was a webcam interview with the hiring manager who asked "tell me about a time when" questions. Then came a webcam interview in the local office, where I talked to the hiring manager and his boss. They both asked more "tell me about a time when" questions. Finally I took a day to ride along with a current employee to see the job firsthand. Overall the process felt very forced. In a company run by young individuals like myself, there seemed to lack a professionalism to the process, as if they were in a hurry to fill the role (which some of the employees told me was the case).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Paycom? Why are you a better fit than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom in December 2015.

Interview

Long but thorough. Recruiter call, then recruiter webcam then your territory manager, then director/VP of department if you get that far then shadowing a rep for a half day. I would guess 9/10 times the rep will not be completely forthcoming about their happiness in the role.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any background check issues, or credit check issues.   1 Answer

Mar 16, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! We’re intrigued by your last comment. Please reach out to a member of our HR team to explain further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter and set up a FaceTime interview/meeting. This went well and was about 40 minutes long. Very basic where she asked about my background and I asked all of my questions. From there, I went to and in person meeting with the local Sales Manager. Similar questions, very professional and seemed like a good guy. Then I made it to the phone canvassing stage where you come in for 4 hours and make prospecting calls. Essentially, you need to make 3+ appointments to move to the final interview. I ended up setting 4 and everything went well. The team was great and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Normally you immediately have a go-to meeting with a Regional Manager but this one was not available. So we set it for a different date.

This is where it got bad. The guy I interviewed with was a jerk. He slouched and leaned back in his seat, didn't know I was currently working (which was nice considering I had taken off work two times to meet with them!), told me a previous job sounded "easy," - it wasn't. I have 5+ years of professional sales experience but he was asking me about college? I graduated 6 years ago buddy. I could go on and on... But ultimately, I did not get an offer which is probably for the best. The local team and manager were great but the last guy was a jerk.

I believe they are looking for a more green candidate and it wouldn't be a bad place to start but with little sales experience, this would have a very steep learning curve in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What sets Paycom apart for you? What's the last book you've read?   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2016 – Representative

We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hiring managers. We aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time and ensure our hiring managers are aware of each applicants career ... More

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

-Extensive Interview process
    -Only accepts 2% of applicants
    -Competitive
    -Makes you feel comfortable throughout process
    -Quick response time
    -Amazing recruiters that help you every step of the way through your interview process. They will call you before to provide advice going into the interview,and after to find out how the interview went.
    -Don't leave you hanging, you get an answer one way or another
    -Field ride usually required, this helps you get a snapshot of what a day in the life of a client relations representative looks like
    -Interview with VP and Director of the department
    -May be asked to relocate
    -Over all the interview process is the best I have ever encountered

Interview Questions

• -Direct Questions
      -Makes you think on your toes
      -Situational questions
      -Asked about previous job, and metrics related to your success
      1 Answer

Negotiation

-Salary is not usually negotiable, because you have an uncapped commission

Feb 16, 2016 – Representative

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2016.

Interview

Four-part process two webcam interviews and then a third webcam interview in the sales office where I would be working. Ride-along the next day where you interact with clients. I did not make it this far because I messed a date on my application. They are very picky about who they hire so make sure you dot your i's and cross your t's.

Interview Questions

• Are you externally or internally motivated?   1 Answer

Feb 10, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience!

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “I came to Paycom for several reasons. First of all, I was looking to get into the Human Capital Management industry. This was the perfect fit for me because it submerged me in all of the...”“I came to Paycom for several reasons. First of all, I was looking to get into the Human Capital Management industry. This was the perfect fit for me because it submerged me in all of the current industry trends and enhanced my industry and legal knowledge tremendously. I felt like I took a crash masters degree in HR management. Secondly, I needed a challenge and wanted to be around inspiring people who pushed me to be a better version of myself. I found those things in Paycom. Every day is new and exciting as a Transition Specialist because I'm working with multiple companies from various different industries at once. I get to drive around the Bay Area meeting with my clients face to face on a daily basis. I truly recommend this job for anyone who is seeking to build their interpersonal, organizational, and business skills. And not to mention that the company/department is growing like crazy so they promote within and there is plenty of room for growth!” – Full Review