Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.2

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The process was okay. I had a recruiter reach out and interviewed over the phone with her for about a half hour. Straight forward, they move you on to a recruiter at Paycom. This interview, again, is straight forward and then the recruiter sets up a F2F with the sales manager. Again, nothing too hard. Asks why you want to work for Paycom. The next step is interesting. they set you up doing a cold call canvas. I had a pretty bad experience. The list is from their CRM, contacts are old (ex. he hasn't been here for 3 years), a couple of numbers were out of the territory, and they want you to lie about their product and people they helped to get meetings. If you think you will move on to the last step you have another thing coming. Don't assume anything. The question was avoided when I asked what the turnover was in a company like Paycom and what are the reasons someone might leave? I was run around the loop. So they basically got 3 leads for free. Knowing what I do, I would never do that again.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2016 – Representative

As you saw firsthand through our detailed interview process, we are very meticulous when hiring for our sales team. One of the steps during a sales interview is phone canvassing prospects from our ... More

Team Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

The Interview process, at least for me, was very easy. Had 2 interviews in one day and was offered the job on the spot. The questions were fairly easy, and all that was required was a quick aptitude test that should not be a problem for anybody with critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to Paycom.   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, filled out my schedule to start, then got a rejection e-mail the next day. I asked what went wrong in the process and was told they can't tell me that information. A recruiter reached out again and apologized and said they would work to fix this. Filled out all of the same paperwork again, and when it was time to schedule my interview, I was ignored for 3 days. When e-mailing to confirm all paperwork was received, I got a rejection e-mail an hour later. Hope it is improved for others, good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We always aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time. Our recruiters should not have ignored your emails. These practices do not align with the recruiting department’s core values.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I went through a screening with a recruiter who reached out to me directly and then a Skype interview with a Paycom HR representative. Process was very easy, relaxed and straightforward. No tricks or gimmicks. I realized the position wasn't what I was looking for and notified the recruiter so as to not waste the time of a hiring manager on the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why would your past experiences make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

NCS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews. One with the director of the department, and one with one of the department supervisors. It was very laid back, with a lot of laughing and casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about goals in your career, and how you worked in a "team" environment. They also asked about working overtime and weekends during the busy times of the year.   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a Face Time interview with a Paycom recruiter first. This interview was organized and detailed. She asked a lot of questions pertaining to my experience and the position I had applied for. She then arranged an in-person interview with the manager in Miami and this was not a very thorough interview. I was only asked 2 general questions by the him before he confessed that he had forgotten the other questions he had planned to ask. I felt that he was very unprepared and it was a total waste of my time. This is a very entry level company and the young managers are not able to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. The director of recruiting has been made aware of your experience.

Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

It took them about two days before they actually gave me a called back. 1st one will be a phone interview, if you pass this easy phone questions then you automatic move on forward. BUT there an assessment test you have to take afterwards. If you do good on the assessment tests, you will move forward for a second interview, which is basically they call you back and say either you are accepted or not. Third interview, they set up a date and time with you to do an actual person to person interview. You have to take another test, takes about 12 mins, 50 question at their HQ OKC before the actual face to face interview with the Team Leads. Oh yeah, YOU HAVE TO GET THERE 20 MINS AHEAD OF THE SCHEDULE OR DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO GO. Hope this is helpful to you guys, I'm still in the process, if you do get hire and hopefully i do too, Please remember me!!

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Paycom?
      Have you ever worked at Paycom?
      Give some details about who you are? " Talk about your RESUME, not you!"
      Answer Question

Oct 19, 2016 – Representative

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Skills test. Two in person interviews (One with the manager. One with the CIO.). They started with a call about my application. Then sent me a link to test my knowledge (kinda insulting but okay). Then pulled me in for two interviews. Last interview was a dud CIO was not very interested in answering questions. Did not seem to really care.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Describe your coding style in three words.
      What do you do at your current job?
      1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

A recruiter had contacted me saying she thought I'd be a great fit for this job and had seen my resume on a job board. She had sent me an email and also called me and left a voicemail saying she was excited about me joining the company and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I was busy and wasn't able to respond for a few days, so she then sent me a couple of other emails and phone calls. When I called her back, she was really excited and wanted to set up an interview immediately. When we had finally had our phone interview, she told me again she was excited for me to join the company and thought I'd be a great fit for the role, and she told me to first complete a series of assessments. She then sent me another email saying she thought I would be a great fit for this position. After I had finished the assessment, she called me again the next day and told me to call her back. When I called her, she said she had a few other questions for me. At the end of our call, she had told me again she had thought I was a great fit for the role and was excited to get me started. The next day, I received an email saying I would not be moving on in the process. All this after she had called and emailed me about 5 times trying to get a hold of me to interview and saying she was excited for me to get started and saying I was a good fit? She was nice during our talks, but I don't know why she kept on calling and emailing me so many times. I hadn't heard of Paycom before and wasn't looking at Paycom until she had kept on trying to contact me to talk to her. I would recommend that the recruiter I had dealt with act more professional and not try to keep on contacting me everyday to interview me and string me along by saying she's excited for me to join or that I'm a great fit if that isn't the case.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve our interview process. Our goal is to give the best experience to each candidate during every step of the process, even when we’ve made ... More

Payroll Tax Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Paycom's website. Within a week, I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an interview. The interview was supposed to be 5-10 minutes, but I was in there for almost 30 - because there was so much to talk about! I was called back by the recruiter to interview for another position in the company they thought would better serve my talents. That interview went well also! I am thankful to work for an awesome company!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? How has your experience prepared you for your job? How would your last supervisor describe you in 3 words? Why are you looking to switch careers?   Answer Question

Feb 28, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom! Thanks for sharing your interview experience.