Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

3.1

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

I talked with multiple recruiters who all thought they were the first to talk to me. I would get halfway through the screening and have to tell them that I had already been asked these same questions by a different recruiter. For someone who is supposed to talk to candidates a lot, she said 'umm' way to much. Anyway, I have done two phone screens with two different recruiters and still have not heard anything back. I did get one generic decline for a position I applied over a year ago for. That was funny.

Interview Questions

• All seemed to be canned behavioral questions. there wasn't much flow, more like reading off a prompt or something. Did cover everything about the position including compensation which was about $15.00 an hour   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to play golf?   2 Answers

Feb 26, 2015 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The process was okay. I had a recruiter reach out and interviewed over the phone with her for about a half hour. Straight forward, they move you on to a recruiter at Paycom. This interview, again, is straight forward and then the recruiter sets up a F2F with the sales manager. Again, nothing too hard. Asks why you want to work for Paycom. The next step is interesting. they set you up doing a cold call canvas. I had a pretty bad experience. The list is from their CRM, contacts are old (ex. he hasn't been here for 3 years), a couple of numbers were out of the territory, and they want you to lie about their product and people they helped to get meetings. If you think you will move on to the last step you have another thing coming. Don't assume anything. The question was avoided when I asked what the turnover was in a company like Paycom and what are the reasons someone might leave? I was run around the loop. So they basically got 3 leads for free. Knowing what I do, I would never do that again.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2016 – Representative

As you saw firsthand through our detailed interview process, we are very meticulous when hiring for our sales team. One of the steps during a sales interview is phone canvassing prospects from our... More

Team Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

The Interview process, at least for me, was very easy. Had 2 interviews in one day and was offered the job on the spot. The questions were fairly easy, and all that was required was a quick aptitude test that should not be a problem for anybody with critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to Paycom.   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, filled out my schedule to start, then got a rejection e-mail the next day. I asked what went wrong in the process and was told they can't tell me that information. A recruiter reached out again and apologized and said they would work to fix this. Filled out all of the same paperwork again, and when it was time to schedule my interview, I was ignored for 3 days. When e-mailing to confirm all paperwork was received, I got a rejection e-mail an hour later. Hope it is improved for others, good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We always aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time. Our recruiters should not have ignored your emails. These practices do not align with the recruiting department’s core values.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I went through a screening with a recruiter who reached out to me directly and then a Skype interview with a Paycom HR representative. Process was very easy, relaxed and straightforward. No tricks or gimmicks. I realized the position wasn't what I was looking for and notified the recruiter so as to not waste the time of a hiring manager on the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why would your past experiences make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

NCS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews. One with the director of the department, and one with one of the department supervisors. It was very laid back, with a lot of laughing and casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about goals in your career, and how you worked in a "team" environment. They also asked about working overtime and weekends during the busy times of the year.   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a Face Time interview with a Paycom recruiter first. This interview was organized and detailed. She asked a lot of questions pertaining to my experience and the position I had applied for. She then arranged an in-person interview with the manager in Miami and this was not a very thorough interview. I was only asked 2 general questions by the him before he confessed that he had forgotten the other questions he had planned to ask. I felt that he was very unprepared and it was a total waste of my time. This is a very entry level company and the young managers are not able to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. The director of recruiting has been made aware of your experience.

Web Applications Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is very quick at Paycom. After speaking with an internal recruiter, I was scheduled for an interview within the next couple days. Before the interview I was asked to take a short quiz online covering programming knowledge.

The interview itself was also short - lasting maybe 30-40 minutes. Attendees were the IT director and a team lead/manager from the team I would be joining. The discussion was primarily focused on my background, how it applied to the position, and why I was looking for a bit of a career change. Other topics covered included detailed information about the responsibilities of the position and the benefits that Paycom provides its employees.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like "why are you interested?" or "how did you hear about the position?".   Answer Question

Negotiation

Paycom agreed to my initial requested salary without negotiating.

Aug 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing a detailed interview review!

Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

It took them about two days before they actually gave me a called back. 1st one will be a phone interview, if you pass this easy phone questions then you automatic move on forward. BUT there an assessment test you have to take afterwards. If you do good on the assessment tests, you will move forward for a second interview, which is basically they call you back and say either you are accepted or not. Third interview, they set up a date and time with you to do an actual person to person interview. You have to take another test, takes about 12 mins, 50 question at their HQ OKC before the actual face to face interview with the Team Leads. Oh yeah, YOU HAVE TO GET THERE 20 MINS AHEAD OF THE SCHEDULE OR DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO GO. Hope this is helpful to you guys, I'm still in the process, if you do get hire and hopefully i do too, Please remember me!!

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Paycom?
      Have you ever worked at Paycom?
      Give some details about who you are? " Talk about your RESUME, not you!"   Answer Question

Oct 19, 2016 – Representative