Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Two small phone interviews, some pre testing before, excel, 10 key, typing tests, then a two person interview. Do your research, show why you want to work for the company, if you do your research your enthusiasm alone will help you. Really easy to work with I had to put in a longer than usual notice at previous employment, and they were very understanding and helpful.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

Interview

I sent in an application and had an employee pass my resume along to HR. I was called soon after to be screened and then they offered me an interview in Oklahoma City, OK. I interviewed with who would be my direct supervisor. She reviewed my resume, asked questions for 30-45 minutes, showed me the office, and had me shadow an individual currently in the position. I asked several questions and by the time I left it was a total of 1.5-2 hours for the entire interview process. I wasn't able to meet with the Director of the department during that period of time, so I had a 20 minute phone call with her the next day. Following the phone call, I get a call from a recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict/disagreed with someone in leadership?   Answer Question

May 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in the beginning of January, 2017. I began with an informational phone call where I was told about the company. I then did a formal phone interview with my recruiter. After another 3 weeks, I had an interview with the Regional Vice President of Sales via GoToMeeting. On to the 4th round, I interviewed with the Phoenix office sales manager via GoToMeeting. After this interview, I waited a full 4 weeks to hear back from my recruiter. On April 3rd, I received my offer. I completed a drug test, and full background and reference check. But, after a Minor in Possession of alcohol (MIP) ticket was found on my record from when I was a teenager, my offer was revoked. It took until April 26th to receive my official rejection letter. All in all, it was an unprofessional and lengthy process where I was left in the dark the majority of the time. Would not recommend to a friend.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 2, 2017 – Representative

We’re sorry for the delayed notifications; however, it is our goal to ensure we are hiring the best candidate possible and considering the amount of highly qualified candidates we get, the process... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

1) Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. She was very nice and professional. I enjoyed speaking with her.
    2) After that my next step was to "meet" with a manager and the person training him. It was over Skype and I had to wait 5 minutes at 8 am, which just felt strange.
    3) It was not conversational at all. I felt uncomfortable the entire time- interviewer was combative and wanted to push the "we are the best" idea. They asked basic questions and just said "okay" when I finished speaking and immediately asked the next one. I could tell the person had never interviewed before.
    3) When I asked about the culture, it was mentioned it's fun, friendly, etc... Just not "exactly there yet" at the location I was interviewing for. It definitely made me pause.
    4) I have never heard anything either way, which is strange because they reached out to me. Paycom wants people that will do all the dirty work without offering respect.
    5) They will probably comment on this and say my attitude isn't right for the "tough and competitive world" of sales, which is another red flag to me!

May 2, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during the interview process and we apologize you... More

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Nice and professional interview process. Unfortunately I got radio silence after the second interview. The professional thing to do would be to send at least a form letter to decline the offer to you. They request all kinds of feedback throughout the interview process then give you none.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 2, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when the decision to not move forward has... More

Payroll Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then online personality assessment, excel assessment, and typing test. After that, they make you do a logic and reasoning test before your first in-person interview. I don't know what happened after that, they didn't hire me because I was going to get my CPA.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. As part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience, GPA if applicable, writing skills, completeness or thoroughness of... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief screen. Shortly after, I was notified that I was being considered for an in-person interview. The recruiter I worked with was friendly and helpful and it was clear that she had the candidate's best interests in mind.

My in-person interview took place in the Sunnyvale office and it was an awkward, disappointing, and poorly orchestrated affair. Upon reaching the door to the Paycom suite, I was faced with a locked door. I wasn't told how to notify the interviewer that I arrived and after some unsuccessful knocking, I called my recruiter at 5:00pm Oklahoma time on a Friday and was lucky enough to get a hold of her. She let the interviewer know that I was outside and I was let in a few moments later.

The interview proceeded as the recruiter described. I was led to a computer to complete the assessment. First strike, the computer was running on Windows 98. After completing the assessment, I stepped into the office of the interviewer and sat down to begin the interview. Strike two, the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in his own questions (the most cliche of which I describe below) as well as mine. After an unenthusiastic sendoff on both sides, I stepped out and returned to the buildings garage where (strike three) I got stuck at the exit because I was never notified that I needed to get parking validated by the company I was visiting.

Long story short, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a logistical nightmare and the Sunnyvale office did not represent Paycom in a positive light.

Interview Questions

• As I mentioned above, I'm going to list some of the cringeworthy, cliché questions I was asked.
      1) What is your dream job? What's stopping you from doing that?
      2) Describe yourself in three words.
      3) Why should I hire you?
      4) What's the number one reason I SHOULDN'T hire you?
          - The interviewer looked so pleased with himself when he asked this question as if it was the most
             clever question in the history of interviews. In reality, just a horrible take on "what's your biggest
             weakness" question.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience in our Sunnyvale office. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments seriously. We wish you the best... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 4 months to land an interview since they have just started to interview upcoming college graduates. The receptionists were very quick with check-in. There was a mathematics and reasoning assessment on a computer shortly before the interview in which you need to try to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes as best as you can. The interviewers were friendly, but vague on what they were looking for in a candidate. The interview lasted about 30 minutes per interviewer. There were 2 of them at separate times, so 1 hour total. One of the interviewers looked at their phone during the conversation while I was speaking to them. The interviewees that attended with me all looked to be college students indicating there is a young culture at Paycom. Apply if you want to be thrown in the usual social occurrences that you would see at college campus. There also seems to be a lack of diversity even though they claim otherwise--and will continue to claim otherwise. This was the discouraging factor for me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Representative

An interviewer should not be distracted during an interview. We are looking into that matter. In regards to a young culture, we hire a mixture of both tenured and new grads. Our new hires are based... More