Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2016.

Interview

I was at first confronted buy a recruiter at their Main corporate office in Oklahoma. I had the initial phone interview which went very well and I research the company already at that point and found that they were a company that has views similar to mine. I was next told that I had to take a personality test, and a cognitive ability test before the interview. During the interview I sat in a very nice office in a nice part of town and spoke with one of the regional directors about the job and had the interview questions completed. Overall everybody was really nice and friendly in the office. Is definitely a company that I can see myself working at and growing myself with given the opportunity. I would like to be apart of the many awards that I see in the main lobby.

Interview Questions

• tell me more about your previous position and how it relates to the current one and how can you help us out bringing your experience to the table?   Answer Question

Oct 19, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Process is pretty bureaucratic. Expect a few back and forth emails and calls with an Oklahoma rep, then a few tests, and in-person interviews. The people in Oklahoma are very helpful, however once I finally met with the Silicon Valley/San Francisco employees, the process became difficult to manage. Multiple errors were made--
    1) Despite that I work and live in San Francisco, they rescheduled my SF interview to Silicon Valley more than once. I had to keep calling back to change this because I had explained to them before, I could not make the commute without losing a few hours at my current job.
    2) They rescheduled to a 7am interview from the SF office that would webcam to Silicon Valley. The SF office opened their doors 10 minutes late and my interview then had to be split into parts to make up for the lost time.
    3) Despite having a scheduled follow up in which they said that they would call, they did not. They did not answer after that, either.
    4) Days later, they sent me an email saying that they will not be hiring me as a Garnishment Representative-- which is not the job I interviewed for over the past week and a half.
    Otherwise-- decently pleasant experience. Be ready to relate your previous experience to the job description and practice the Wonderlict tests before hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the real you, that isn't represented by this resume.   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

We’re glad you marked your experience as positive and greatly appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our ... More

Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

It took them about two days before they actually gave me a called back. 1st one will be a phone interview, if you pass this easy phone questions then you automatic move on forward. BUT there an assessment test you have to take afterwards. If you do good on the assessment tests, you will move forward for a second interview, which is basically they call you back and say either you are accepted or not. Third interview, they set up a date and time with you to do an actual person to person interview. You have to take another test, takes about 12 mins, 50 question at their HQ OKC before the actual face to face interview with the Team Leads. Oh yeah, YOU HAVE TO GET THERE 20 MINS AHEAD OF THE SCHEDULE OR DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO GO. Hope this is helpful to you guys, I'm still in the process, if you do get hire and hopefully i do too, Please remember me!!

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Paycom?
      Have you ever worked at Paycom?
      Give some details about who you are? " Talk about your RESUME, not you!"
      Answer Question

Oct 19, 2016 – Representative

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was an initial 20min video interview with a recruiter. After that it was an initial 45-60min video interview with the Branch Manager (or in person if in the same city.
    If asked to move forward in the process there is an in person interview that lasts 4 hours. You have to give a 5-10min presentation about yourself and the company, and then actually set appointments with clients. The goal is 3, but they really are looking to see how you handle objection as well as how you handle yourself on the phones.
    If successful from that point, you are moved on to meet with the Regional Manager who is just running through you background again and making sure they see fit you are capable of performing the role.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review!

Transitionn Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the manager as well as the director of Implementations. Very formal. Looking for sharp individuals. No skills test. Need strong verbal skills.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you can do with a pencil besides writing?   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Not too bad. Grilled you with some questions about your previous job and what the current job entails. Started off with the phone screenings, then personality / aptitude tests and then interviewed by 2 members from Paycom Specialist (PSD) role. After this process, offer was given, but took over 2 weeks for recruiter to follow up.

Interview Questions

• This is a very fast paced, the most challenging, stressful role at Paycom, is this something you are able to handle?   Answer Question

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

recruiter called me, she started by telling me to ask questions. very easy first call. had another call with recruiter then face to face. pretty easy overall. should study up n the info they send you and make sure you as a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

New Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in August 2016.

Interview

I originally learned about Paycom through the OKC Job Fair while a senior in college. They were flexible in my scheduling for an interview and finding the best job to fit my skills. I will say that their hiring process is very extensive after the initial job offer. They go through multiple different checks to officially offer you the position to be hired so keep that in mind before putting in your 2 weeks notice.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about Paycom and what drew you to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. They have a set system.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

A Paycom recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin. First was a phone screen, next you went into the office for a skype interview and then the last was with the director over skype again. It was pretty simple except for the last interview with the Director. He wanted to make it known he was the boss. He was asking questions that were pointless and had nothing to do with my work experience but wanted to see if you cracked under pressure. Also, the previous person I interviewed was observing me and came on half way through and no one told me about it. They silently came on half way in and I noticed the person and there was no acknowledgment of it. I just got a bad vibe from the whole interview with the director and was neutral about not getting an offer.

This was back in March. It is now the end of August and I had two separate recruiting firms reach out to me and ask me if I would be interested in interviewing. When I tell them I interviewed in the beginning of spring and now its the end of summer and two other people have reached out to me about they are shocked by it.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Representative

Questions asked during the interview process are to learn about your experience, and to determine if you’re a fit for the position, not to see if you crack under pressure. Also, any additional ... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred in (highly suggested) and applying remotely so my process was slightly modified. Had a phone call with the corporate recruiter, GoTo Meeting (coat and tie) with my potential manager, 4 hour cold calling session to procure three appointments, post cold call I met in person with my potential manager and regional manager, separately. Word of advice: close the deal when meeting with them.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative