Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.1

Multiple Interview

Interview

Never even received an interview although I was well qualified. Some time later I ran into a group of Paycom employees and realized that it was because I wasn't under 25 years old.

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. As part of the application process we look at several qualifications: experience, GPA if applicable, writing skills, completeness or... More

Banking Specialist Interview

Interview

Very distant. The interview was nothing like the HR rep said it would be. It felt more like a transaction seeing as they had about 5 other rooms full of waiting candidates and they never did discuss my test results like they said they would nor did they contact me to let me know of any decision made like they said they would

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for paycom   1 Answer

Dec 1, 2016 – Representative

At Paycom, we are experiencing high growth, resulting in new opportunities for our employees. To accommodate for our growth, we are continuing to hire, which often times results in multiple... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Just. Odd. The questions were pretty run of the mill, but everything was so weird with the revolving doors of interviews around you. In the interview I was told something that happened in my professional past was "God's plan". Completely inappropriate.
    Then I was told that I would be hearing from the higher up and never heard a thing. I wasn't upset about it. Everything about the place is just strange, having so many interview rooms when you walk in isn't a good first impression...it's a sign of turnover. After telling people about my experience, I've found out that their turnover is incredible, that's why they're always hiring.
    They have a packed cafeteria, that to me encourages employees not to leave and everyone looked miserable like high school. No thanks.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 18, 2016 – Representative

We are proud of our employee retention numbers as they are some of the best in the business. At Paycom, we are experiencing high growth, resulting in new opportunities for our employees. Paycom has... More

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The job interview was a multi part interview with the department supervisor and manager. The interviewers were very informative regarding what to expect from the company and what the company expects from you. All of the people that I had contact with during the interview process were very personable. It was one of the best interview processes I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

We're glad to hear the interview process was great. Welcome to Paycom!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview and selection process. It was definitely one of the hardest jobs I've ever applied for but well worth it. From beginning to end, it was all professional and helpfulness from the recruiter to HR. If you want to get a job at Paycom, simply put, be prepared.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

Great feedback for prospective candidates. Thanks for sharing and welcome to Paycom!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

I was sought out via LinkedIn by a recruiter who simply asked if I wanted more information about the position. We had a quick phone call where he just talked about what the job entailed and I was able to ask any questions I had. After this, he passed me onto the hiring manager for the office I was applying for. I went in and had about a pretty casual 45 minute conversation where we went over my resume, talked about why I was looking for a change, and then they answered any questions I had. From here, we scheduled my presentation and phone canvassing interview for a few days later.

For the presentation piece, the recruiter was available and extremely responsive if I had any questions before hand. What they're looking for here is that you can pitch Paycom to a group of people. You do not need to go too in depth and make sure you at least try to have fun with it! I did about a 6 minute Powerpoint.

For the phone canvassing piece, you are required to make three appointments in four hours. The recruiter recommended I read 'Cold Calling Techniques (That Really Work!)' by Stephen Schiffman. This helped me a ton and I highly recommend it before phone canvassing. Before we started cold calling, I was able to practice a little with the sales reps-- they are there to help! Ask them questions! The biggest advice I can give here is be tenacious and coachable. Do not put the phone down and if something isn't working, ask for help or try a different talk track. Persistence is key!

After this, I spoke with the hiring manager again and then was put on a call with the regional manager where we spoke a little bit about my background.

TIP: MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE THE HIRING MANAGER. Ask for the job.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed review. We're happy to have you on the Paycom team!

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview followed by an online excel assessment and a personality assessment. After that I received a call a few days later to set up an on site interview in Oklahoma City. When I first arrived I took the wonderlic test, which is a test of 50 basic knowledge questions with a 12 minute time limit. The actual interview was very brief, maybe 15 minutes. It was pretty basic questions about your resume and one or two behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The Sales Account Manager is the new title for the Outside Client Relations Representative position. A few days after applying I was called and emailed to schedule an interview. I interviewed first with a recruiter via FaceTime and then with the hiring manager about a week later, also via FaceTime. Both interviews were pretty standard... however this company seems to be looking for a certain type of person which could explain why they use FaceTime so early on - and the best way to describe that type is a "sorority girl". I saw a review on Glassdoor before interviewing that said you won't fit in unless you're in your mid-20s and female and was skeptical at first. But after seeing the women I interviewed with and the many employees on LinkedIn, I absolutely believe this is true.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

At Paycom, we hire based off of an applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. As part of the application process we look at several... More

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in November 2016.

Interview

Ignored most traditional attempts. Reached out to recruiter and finally got a response 2 weeks later. They preferred a green graduate with no experience over someone with experience and worked full time while going to school online for a degree accredited the same plus certs. I guess that is why the reported pay is so low, they prefer cheap not quality.

Interview Questions

• Where was your degree from?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Skills test. Two in person interviews (One with the manager. One with the CIO.). They started with a call about my application. Then sent me a link to test my knowledge (kinda insulting but okay). Then pulled me in for two interviews. Last interview was a dud CIO was not very interested in answering questions. Did not seem to really care.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Describe your coding style in three words.
      What do you do at your current job?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. We wish you the best of luck in your career!