Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Was first reached out by a senior recruiter on linked-in in January, 2016. After replying, I did not hear back from the recruiter for about 2 weeks and sent another message to try to get a hold of him. Nothing was heard back and the trail went cold for a while until a classmate of mine referred me to another recruiter and I began speaking with him. I spoke with him several times and picked out a location that I wanted to pursue, after that I spoke with the Manager of that office over gotomeeting. The meeting went well and I had high hopes that it was in the bag, later to find out from the recruiter that I had spoken to that they had gone with "a more experienced prospect" but that they wanted to me to interview with another location. I began the process with the next office and interviewed first with the manager of the office and then with regional vp of the area. After those meeting I was invited to the "phone canvassing" session with the goal of setting 3 meetings. This is straight cold calling on old crm accounts that have either been looked at or pursued by Paycom in the past. I ended up closing three meetings and was quickly shooed out the door with no feedback so that they could interview someone else in that time. 2 weeks later I was called by the recruiter to be told that they were once again going with "a more experienced prospect. Throughout the process I sent follow up emails to each manager that I spoke with to thank them for their time and wish them the best and was never once gotten back to. If that is the type of attention that a company gives to you before you are even hired then I cannot imagine how their employees are treated.Overall from what I saw, This company does have a solid product and goal but all of the management that I had contact with seemed to be very unresponsive and disconnected.

Interview Questions

• Why hire you over another prospect?
      How do you recover from rejection?
      Answer Question

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate all feedback and will use this as a means to improve the interview processes. Your experience is not the norm and your comments have been sent to our director of recruiting.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

reciters selection visa telephone interview and in person interview by internal management .two in person interviews. In the first interview I was interviewed by a committee of 4 people with one manager and 3 team leads. After I was selected in that I was interview by Director of Department.

Tax Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very fast process but a good one. Met many different people who were all very kind. They made the interview process easy and straight forward. I was very pleased that they moved so fast.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 7, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team. We’re sorry you had a negative interview experience. Please reach out to a member of our HR or recruiting staff to explain further.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The process was okay. I had a recruiter reach out and interviewed over the phone with her for about a half hour. Straight forward, they move you on to a recruiter at Paycom. This interview, again, is straight forward and then the recruiter sets up a F2F with the sales manager. Again, nothing too hard. Asks why you want to work for Paycom. The next step is interesting. they set you up doing a cold call canvas. I had a pretty bad experience. The list is from their CRM, contacts are old (ex. he hasn't been here for 3 years), a couple of numbers were out of the territory, and they want you to lie about their product and people they helped to get meetings. If you think you will move on to the last step you have another thing coming. Don't assume anything. The question was avoided when I asked what the turnover was in a company like Paycom and what are the reasons someone might leave? I was run around the loop. So they basically got 3 leads for free. Knowing what I do, I would never do that again.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2016 – Representative

As you saw firsthand through our detailed interview process, we are very meticulous when hiring for our sales team. One of the steps during a sales interview is phone canvassing prospects from our ... More

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very short and to the point. One interview and then group interview with team. They asked more culture based questions to see if I would be a fit. Interview was on Friday and I had an offer later that day.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2016 – Representative

Thank you, and welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

First an interview with a recruiter out of the corporate office, then an interview with the Sales Manager for whom you'll be working, then an interview with the Regional VP of Sales. After the interviews, you go into the office for a phone canvassing session: required to book 3 appointments off of cold-calls within a matter of 4 hours. BE PERSISTENT and DETERMINED. I didn't finish within 4 hours, I asked for more time, and they let me continue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed, and how you moved through it and learned from it.   1 Answer
    • There is a lot of rejection in this outside sales role, how do you plan to manage that?   1 Answer

May 23, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review, and welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Paycom has a quota for how many people they need to interview per week. You know what that means? Probably high turnover. Can't believe I even considered this place as an option, it wasn't for me. I got past the phone screen, into a webcam interview, went in for an in-person, and then went in for phone canvassing (for 3 hours). It was all good until that last day when they rushed me out the door.

My favorite part? Phone canvassing on Good Friday. First of all, the people we were cold calling didn't want to be cold called. Second, they don't want to be working on Good Friday. Last, they DEFINITELY did not want to hear from Paycom.

I spoke to the few folks that didn't cringe and hang up instantly upon hearing 'Paycom.' Instead of shoving Paycom down their throats, I had nice conversations with them. I asked some probing questions, dug a bit deeper. What'd I learn? People don't want to hear from Paycom and most were irritated to hear from me. What else? When someone asks to be taken off the calling list and the manager is notified - guess what? You have to remove the person from the calling list. At least last I checked. I think there are laws...

Anyway, I'm glad I got to see what the inside of the place looks like - nothing special, btw. And yeah, you could say I'm a bit bitter. One could even say I'm just not cut out for sales. But seriously, did I change your mind about Paycom at all? In closing, go google "best human capital management software." What do you see?

Interview Questions

• Basic questions can be answered with basic answers.   1 Answer

May 24, 2016 – Representative

We are proud of our employee retention numbers as they are some of the best in the business. We are also receiving a high volume of incredibly talented individuals who wish to join our unbelievable ... More

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

I initially applied on linkedin, I was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was easy and light conversation, I was asked "What was the last book I read?" Next I received an email a few days later to set up an in person interview. The face to face interview was easy, I also received a tour of the facility.

Team Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and did the "tests" sent by my recruiter and had a short phone interview. Then had a one on one interview a week later. Took a skills test right before. Waited for Interviewer a good 15 minutes. Interviewer was cold, and seemed disinterested. I assume I didn't get the position since it's been almost a month since my interview.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 14, 2016 – Representative

We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hiring managers. We aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time. Our recruiters should have informed you of your results. These practices ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. Webcam Screen
    3. Face to Face
    4. Phone Canvassing
    5. Webcam interview with VP

First phone screen is pretty straight forward. The webcam screen is done so the HR person can see you and make sure you don't have any face tattoos or septum piercings. The goal of the phone canvassing was to schedule 3 appointments. They had me do this heads up with another applicant and we both scheduled three appointments. The director is pretty involved with this. I think they want to see how you overcome objections and react to constructive criticism. Final interview was immediately after the phone canvassing with the VP. This is a 20 to 30 min formal interview and he/she will have the final decision.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 24, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom. We know it can be upsetting to not be selected and as you can tell by our process, we take every hire very seriously. We wish you the best! If you can offer any ... More