Paycom Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Boston, MA).

Interview

The initial communication was through a recruiter on LinkedIn. He was very nice at first and I though he would be a big help. He first sent in my resume and then told me when to will out the application. He then told me I would have a phone interview on Monday and would let me know Friday what time this would be. Sunday came around and he never responded so I emailed him and he said it would be in the morning and to prep the following questions: Why would you be an asset to Paycom? How are you motivated? and Describe why sales (or something of that matter). The phone interviewer was very nice but did not quite understand my resume. She asked only one of those questions (motivation). She then asked me about my education (it is clearly written on my resume that I transferred schools) and she asked multiple times if I transferred and if I had an associates degree from the first school and multiple times I said no and stated that I transferred. She also asked me Why the city Boston? I thought that none of the questions she asked me actually qualified me for the position. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes. After the interview I sent a thank you email 24 hours later, never heard from her or the recruiter only received a general email from HR. I would NOT recommend this company or going through a recruiter for them, waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Paycom in August 2012.

Interview

My initial communication with Paycom was with a recruiter who contacted me after I'd applied online. The phone interview process with the recruiter was great, and made me very excited to meet for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I received my confirm email for the interview confirming it was early on a Monday morning.

That morning I showed up a few minutes early to the interview, and ended up waiting for over an hour for the hiring manager. She then came out to the waiting room saying that she never takes interviews on Monday mornings, and said that she'd see me the next day which is when she had me on her schedule. I showed her the email, asked if she could see me that day as scheduled b/c of my work schedule, and she sighed and acted completely inconvenienced, telling me that it would be brief.

This set a horrible tone for the interview, and throughout the entire process she treated me like the company's mistake was my fault, and that she was extremely inconvenienced. It was the most awkward, horrible interview I've ever been on. Needless to say I didn't move on to the next step of the interview process. I was very disappointed b/c of some of the great things I had heard about Paycom. I wish my experience had been better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for other jobs when you have only been at your current one for a short time? Do they know you're here?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

There is something up with this company that is very wrong somewhere....! I read in one of the reviews from someone that was in the office, that they don't seem to hire people over 30. Maybe this is the case. The people in HR seem to screen you OUT instead of in. They use a very exclusive process (as opposed to inclusive) based on metrics that are obviously illegal -- but you cannot prove. The HR person didn't even take the time to call me back and when I contacted the sales manager directly, he seemed just as uptight close-minded and in the box as the rest of the gang! I could feel energetically this was NOT a match and I am glad I was not even called to waste my time any further with this company! They advertise for the SAME position, over, and over and over again! That should indicate something!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The Paycom recruiter emailed me regarding what to expect for the face-to face interview in Portland, OR, which I was told not to bring anything. The manager interviewing me was double booked and had me sit in the conference room so he could print my resume. When it came to making regular conversation he was a great guy to talk to, but in the interview process I was bombarded with questions. I understand that this is an executive position. However, it seemed like her had pre-planned questions instead of asking me questions about my answers. One question was, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" I said I would like to be an account executive for Paycom. After driving 50 minutes for an interview, this meeting lasted 15 minutes because he pictured me as an an "Account executive." Apparently they didn't like ambition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview. Then you do a 4 hour tryout where you cold call companies. Then there is a phone interview with a manager. Then you do a webcam chat with the CEO.

I stopped after the initial 1:1 interview because the guy interviewing me couldn't care less about what I had to say. He was a salesman, not somebody in HR who is responsible for hiring people. The guy was very unimpressive and gave me no reason to join the company.

All in all, huge waste of time.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2011.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter, nice guy, scheduled in a face to face in Irvine, California. The day comes for the big interview in which I so diligently prepared and the door is locked; I knock, no one answers. I call the recruiter and he gives me the number to my interviewer for me to call to have her open the door...OK, cool, kinda weird, but whatever. The interview begins and the interviewer couldn't be more uninterested and distracted. I was asked NO questions regarding sales, none! She asked me "Who I admire the most" and went over my resume and college education. She wasn't interested about the statement on my resume about how I made my current company almost half a million dollars (verifiable) in revenue in a single quarter in 2010. I honestly think I was interviewed because she was forced to. As awkwardly as the interview began it was over. She had a meeting to go to, she told me.
    The interview was simple and I nailed it. In short, I'm a good interviewer and I nailed her questions, not that they were challenging, especially the one at the end when they ask you, "Do you have any questions for me"? For those who don't know, this is the time to close the deal, or interview rather.

After the interview, I called the recruiter and we chatted about the interview, good conversation. He says he'll call me the next day to let me know how it went and give me information about the next interview. He never does. If fact I didn't hear a word form him for over two weeks despite my attempts to contact him. I ended up having to call my interviewer to get some closure as I had other offers standing by but was really wanting to work for Paycom. She was surprisingly awkward on the phone, not what you you'd expect from a sales manager, and told me their offices in Oklahoma were interrupted due to the recent inclement weather and she would email him. I didn't hear from them for a few more days to receive an email from a man in their HR department whom I've never spoken with telling me I didn't get the job. Paycom is very unprofessional and might be stepping on their own feet by creating a bad reputation stemming from their interviewees who may or may not have large personal networks of small business within Paycom's target geographical area of operation. Novel complete.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The process was okay. I had a recruiter reach out and interviewed over the phone with her for about a half hour. Straight forward, they move you on to a recruiter at Paycom. This interview, again, is straight forward and then the recruiter sets up a F2F with the sales manager. Again, nothing too hard. Asks why you want to work for Paycom. The next step is interesting. they set you up doing a cold call canvas. I had a pretty bad experience. The list is from their CRM, contacts are old (ex. he hasn't been here for 3 years), a couple of numbers were out of the territory, and they want you to lie about their product and people they helped to get meetings. If you think you will move on to the last step you have another thing coming. Don't assume anything. The question was avoided when I asked what the turnover was in a company like Paycom and what are the reasons someone might leave? I was run around the loop. So they basically got 3 leads for free. Knowing what I do, I would never do that again.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2016 – Representative

As you saw firsthand through our detailed interview process, we are very meticulous when hiring for our sales team. One of the steps during a sales interview is phone canvassing prospects from our ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a Face Time interview with a Paycom recruiter first. This interview was organized and detailed. She asked a lot of questions pertaining to my experience and the position I had applied for. She then arranged an in-person interview with the manager in Miami and this was not a very thorough interview. I was only asked 2 general questions by the him before he confessed that he had forgotten the other questions he had planned to ask. I felt that he was very unprepared and it was a total waste of my time. This is a very entry level company and the young managers are not able to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. The director of recruiting has been made aware of your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by an outside recruiter and this involved a quick phone interview to ensure I qualified for what Paycom was looking for. Then I did a Skype interview with one of Paycom's corporate recruiters. This followed with an office interview with the sales manager where she basically wanted to get to know me personally outside of my resume to see if I would be a good fit for the role and if I would fit in with the company's culture.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom in December 2012.

Interview

All in all, I felt the interview process was more than fair. Are there multiple steps? Yes. But sometimes things worth getting have to be worked for. I say this even though I unfortuantely did not receive an offer from this company. The employee that answered the door seemed happy to be there and so did the other people working. I was early and the manager came out right when she knew I was there; it was a conversational interview and it seemed like she was genuinely interested in what I was saying. I was passed on to a webcam interview as a second step but my process stopped after that. I still think this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to have a sales career - plenty of room to grow, high energy in the office etc.

Interview Questions

• What role do you usually step into when you join a team and can you give me an example?   Answer Question