Paycom Payroll Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

I talked with multiple recruiters who all thought they were the first to talk to me. I would get halfway through the screening and have to tell them that I had already been asked these same questions by a different recruiter. For someone who is supposed to talk to candidates a lot, she said 'umm' way to much. Anyway, I have done two phone screens with two different recruiters and still have not heard anything back. I did get one generic decline for a position I applied over a year ago for. That was funny.

Interview Questions

• All seemed to be canned behavioral questions. there wasn't much flow, more like reading off a prompt or something. Did cover everything about the position including compensation which was about $15.00 an hour   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

I came for my interview and was told to come back another day because all their managers were in meetings. The recruiter even got my name wrong. After I came back for a rescheduled interview, there was no apology or knowledge that I didn't get to see anyone the first time. I find it ironic that this company offers employment management services when they can't even manage potential employees. I don't even want to know how they handle their actual employees. My interviewer told me they would have a decision at the beginning of the next week. It's been five weeks since the interview... I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for a payroll and employment management company that's completely different from what you majored in college?   1 Answer

Aug 22, 2013 – Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience as this is certainly not standard Paycom protocol. We value each of our potential hires time and have looked into the issue at hand.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was short and painless. Went through staffing agency and had mix up with if I was hired or not and came in on wrong start date. I interviewed with 2 separate people. Both were very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

Great! Paycom's recruiters are amazing.The recruiter presented four different positions that I would qualify for and gave me a realistic run down of each position; salary, growth opportunity, daily outlook, etc. I found that very helpful in making the decision on which I wanted to pursue. Had two different face-to-face interviews. The process was very streamline. The recruiter called me within an hour of each interview so there was not a time of having to sit around and wonder how it went, That was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about customer relationships and how I viewed the importance of that   1 Answer

Dec 1, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The process was quick and seemed smooth and simple, however when it came to receiving word back about whether or not I had received the job, the recruiter that had been working with me avoided my calls and did not reply to my emails. Then, in the end, I received a rejection via automated email. This was after an online application, having my resume referred by a family friend within the company, a phone/screening interview, and two in-person interviews -- the second of which the interviewer spent the majority of the interview assuring me that they company saw me as a great asset with high test scores, good interviewing skills, and a great educational background, though they feared I might be overqualified. I was told quote,"We wouldn't want to lose you to another employer." I find it a bit disingenuous after being later rejected and told from my friend within the company that ultimately I wasn't given the job because they felt I was too quiet.

Interview Questions

• We believe you may be overqualified. How would you respond to that?   1 Answer

Mar 18, 2014 – Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely review with our in-house team and agency partners the process for notifying candidates when decisions are made. We respect each of our candidates time... More

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 of the managers. They were very nice and casual. A friend of mine worked there as well. There was an excel test, iq test, and personality test. Application to hire in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer that was upset?   1 Answer

Dec 23, 2015 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team. We’re sorry you had a negative interview experience. Please reach out to a member of HR to explain further.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I started at a career fair and had two additional interviews after that. The recruiters were friendly and gave me good vibes. It was not a difficult decision to accept when they called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were not selected for a promotion when going against a teammate of yours?   1 Answer

May 26, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review. Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Not too bad. Grilled you with some questions about your previous job and what the current job entails. Started off with the phone screenings, then personality / aptitude tests and then interviewed by 2 members from Paycom Specialist (PSD) role. After this process, offer was given, but took over 2 weeks for recruiter to follow up.

Interview Questions

• This is a very fast paced, the most challenging, stressful role at Paycom, is this something you are able to handle?   Answer Question

Sep 28, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2012.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency and then there was a 3 step interview process with Paycom. They ran background tests, drug and credit/consumer reporting tests. I also had to take a wonderlic test prior to receiving my first in person interview with Paycom staff.

Interview Questions

• What interested me in working with Paycom   1 Answer

Dec 20, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

The process is typically multiple step, as most are. As long as you are of interest, HR will give you a call and screen you. For the specialist job, they need to know that you are comfortable speaking with people over the phone, can be understood, and are personable enough. Later, you will be sent instructions for a follow up interview on the campus. This will consist of a short computer exam that it similar to easy-moderate ACT or SAT questions. They've got to make sure they higher people with reasonable reasoning skills! After the exam, you sit with a Supervisor typically (someone who oversees a group of Team Leaders, which are people who oversee several people like you wish to be hired to be.) The Supervisor will ask you general interview questions based on how good they are at interviewing; my interviewer wasn't great. But things like, "Why do you want the position?," "What are your strengths?," and "Do you consider yourself.....?" After the Supervisor, you will likely meet with someone higher than that. They will take the time to know you and grill you further and in more meaningful ways. What drives you? Do you strive to learn? etc.... Don't be surprised if they make an offer on the spot. There may be deliberation and discussion before a formal offer is given but if they find the 'talent' they will often give a offer with you sitting there. Clarify, OH CLARIFY, the pay, the compensation, the pay increase that comes with growth. Nail it down. Ask to see a piece of paper with it on it. Just saying...

Interview Questions

• What do you do to grow yourself?   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed interview review over our Paycom specialist role. Welcome to Paycom!