Paycom Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. This company uses the interview process for free labor. After the intial interview you go for a 4 hour cold calling session in which you have to get 3 people to meet with you about a product that you can not discuss. After the interview I did some research and saw that they did this to a lot of people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Just got back from the worst interview I ever had. When i got to the suite, two employees seemed to be gossipping, which happened to be my interviewer. She assured me that i only had to wait a few minutes. Instead,she went to her meeting where I had to wait another 40 minutes to be seen. She apologized, but really don't schedule me this early if you know you're having a meeting. When she sat down she proceeded to eat a hot pocket and text through most of my interview! I did not have her attention at all and she was quite rude. She criticized my resume which leads me to believe she didn't read it before hand. I couldn't get out fast enough!! When she told me there was multiple steps to this interview process, i wanted to laugh in her face. I would never work for this company if its acceptable for the manager to be this unprofessional!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Very good interviewing process. They called me, did a short interview and explained the next steps. Emailed me after, with additional info they needed, and then called me back after I completed the application. The interview was set up within a few days, and it went very smoothly. They gave me an answer quickly and also worked with my schedule for the interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience in customer service and sells would apply to this position?   1 Answer

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

a bit unorganized and stressful. I had to do a cold calling session for several hours after initial 10 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Actually it was the lack of questions regarding my resume and qualifications.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via linked in. He sent a message asking to set up a quick short phone call to tell me more about Paycom's summer internship opportunities. After the first 15 minute interview, he scheduled another, more behavioral based 30 minute phone interview. After the interview, I sent a follow up and never got a response. Kind of weird considering he reached out to me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck!

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was a ridiculous 5 step interview process. One step was a requirement to sit in on their twice per week "phone cavassing" sessions. If you didn't make 3 appointments in this step in telemarketing to burned lists of businesses, you couldn't move forward to the next step. I saw COUNTLESS qualified interviewees go through this step of a 4 HOUR phone session and not make the 3 appointments, therefore not moving forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember enough about the interview with the manager to remember specific questions. Pretty much the expected interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2011.

Interview

Let me first start off by saying that the entry level outside sales position with Paycom is one of the most lucrative offers I found in the market in terms of starting salary, benefits and professional development. With that being said, the interview process was extensive and very challenging. The recruiter was very honest about what I could expect to earn and receive from the opening as well as what the companies expectations are for those who receive an offer for the outside sales position. There were multiple steps and I felt that the managers I interviewed with were really doing their best to understand what I could bring to Paycom and whether or not that is what they needed to continue Paycom’s success. There were 5 different steps to the process. 1. Phone screen with recruiter. 2. Interview with sales manager. 3. Interview with regional VP. 4. Cold calling session. 5. Final interview with Chief Sales Officer. This was not an easy process but definitely worth it. I received an offer that included a 45k base (7k more than any other offer I received), $1 health insurance coverage for myself, and uncapped commission structure. Overall, this has been the most challenging professional experience I have ever had. If you are driven and have specific goals you want to achieve, Paycom can help you get there. I really feel I am on the fast track to the career I have always wanted!

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you are not offered the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation as everyone starts in the outside sales role with 45k base salary

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2012.

Interview

Paycom is looking for passionate individuals that want to be successful. During the interview they want to know that you are familiar with the success of Paycom in the HCM industry. Sales experience isn't required, they just need to know that you are wanting success and will work for it! Prepare for an interview by researching the company, industry, and be prepared to sell yourself to your interviewer. Tell them why Paycom should hire you!