Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up an interview over the phone. The interview itself was fine but later that day I received another email saying that the interviewer was sorry she had missed me on the phone and we should reschedule for the following week. I'm sure that she speaks with a lot of people on a daily basis but the note taking/organization seemed to be lacking since she didn't have notes that we had spoken. I have not heard back from the company since.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty selective and the staffs were professional staffs. I got a call from a recruiter and she said she would like to set up a phone interview. After that, she told me that i should be expecting an email with the link to take 3 assessment. I did that an she called me two days later and said i should come in for an interview

Interview Questions

• why paycom, Tell us your experience that makes you a good fit for this job   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Representative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair, was brought in for an in person interview after a skype screen with the hr. After that was brought in again to for set up three appointments with the team.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why are you leaving your old job
      what motivates you
      Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Started with an Initial Phone Screen with a Paycom recruiter , On-site manager Interview, Phone Canvassing for four hours in the office (Basically just cold calling and trying to set meetings. Was required to set three meetings in this time) , Regional Manager Interview (via web cam), Chief Sales Officer Interview ( via web cam).

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions about my experience, personality. Situational questions.   1 Answer

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, filled out my schedule to start, then got a rejection e-mail the next day. I asked what went wrong in the process and was told they can't tell me that information. A recruiter reached out again and apologized and said they would work to fix this. Filled out all of the same paperwork again, and when it was time to schedule my interview, I was ignored for 3 days. When e-mailing to confirm all paperwork was received, I got a rejection e-mail an hour later. Hope it is improved for others, good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We always aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time. Our recruiters should not have ignored your emails. These practices do not align with the recruiting department’s core values.

/Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me through LinkedIn where we corresponded and set up a time to have a phone "interview". The interview was more of a chat and seeing if I would be interested in the position. Then he got me in contact with another person. This woman and I also had a phone interview, but this time it was an actual interview with interview type questions. She basically agreed with the last man that she liked me and she helped set me up with another woman and informed me I would be interviewing through a program similar to Skype (I forgot the name). She helped me practice setting it up and that was that.

Now is where the big interview came in with the new woman. This woman asked me typical interview questions, but she was pretty rude (not like the nice attitudes of the past two) and she spoke off camera multiple times without giving me a warning or apologizing. All she said was that she was fixing her phone. It felt somewhat rude and unprofessional, but I smiled through it. At the end the woman wanted me to come in and meet who I would be interning for. I said that sounded great and I'd like to go through with that. A few days later I get an email from the second woman I interviewed with saying that they'd like me to have 6-8 months of sales experience before hiring me. Well 1.) If they felt that way the last woman should not have said she was going to set up a time for me to come into the office because that was misleading. 2.) This was for an internship or entry level sales position and they said no experience was needed. 3.) The whole situation could have been handled with more respect. I may only be in my early 20's, but that doesn't give people the right to look down upon me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with adversity and overcame it.   Answer Question

Feb 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We always strive to be respectful of our candidates during video and in-person interviews. We have multiple steps during our interview process ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on linkedin and was contacted by a recruiter quickly. My recruiter, Kelsey, was so knowledgeable, passionate and a big reason why I wanted to move forward in the process. She was very clear about the process and what was expected from me. She was one of my biggest fans throughout the entire process. When it was time to do a manager interview on a goto meeting, the questions were pretty tough which really made me want to work here even more!!! My manager wanted to know what made me tick and asked some behavioral and situational questions. She was very professional, easy to talk to and I know now WHY the interview process is such a long process - this company invests so much time and effort in training and its important to find a good fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everyone is extremely helpful and easy to work with

Jan 26, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very straightforward. I'm from out of town and conducted several interviews via webcam. Asked your typical interview questions. I first spoke with a recruiter and then after that brief conversation I had an interview with the manager. Pretty much got asked the same questions from both people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a Paycom recruiter over the phone, and he asked me a series of general questions. I told him about my work experience and he acknowledged that it wasn't the typical path. He said I'm typically not the type that they would hire, but could still give it a try by applying online if I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience.
      Did you have any work gaps after college?
      Did you have a 3.0 gpa?
      Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Paycom Sales Representative Interview What is your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?
Paycom Sales Representative Interview I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.
Paycom Sales Representative Interview New York, NY why paycom, Tell us your experience that makes you a good fit for this job
Paycom Sales Representative Interview Brooklyn, NY tell me about yourself why are you leaving your old job what motivates you
Paycom Sales Representative Interview Pretty basic interview questions about my experience, personality. Situational questions.
Paycom Sales Representative Interview What makes you stand out from other candidates?
Paycom /Sales Representative Interview Tell me a time when you were faced with adversity and overcame it.
Paycom Sales Representative Interview What motivates you?
Paycom Sales Representative Interview What are your personal, financial, and career goals?
Paycom Sales Representative Interview San Francisco, CA Tell me about your past work experience. Did you have any work gaps after college? Did you have a 3.0 gpa?