Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

3.3

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

5 rounds. Including presentations, cold calling "try out", and in her field shadowing. You do one on ones with the manager, VP, and casually with some memebers of the sales team.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team and thank you for sharing!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

- Phone Screen with recruiter
    - Skype with recruiter
    - Personality test
    - In-person interview with hiring manager
    - Presentation for manager and sales team
    - Cold calling session with minimum appointments set
    - Interview with regional manager
    - Offer/ No offer
    - Drug test

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a time a deal you were working didn't close.   1 Answer

Aug 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter, that let me know about i would be a perfect candidate for the position because of the amount of awards I had accrued in such a short period and because I had working knowledge on HR solutions, like workforce. He interviewed me and told me that he would recommend an interview with a hiring manager via go to meeting. I was very excited about the meeting, unfortunately it was a bit unprofessional, the person I was interviewing with took 10 minutes due to technical glitches, which was fine except that the whole interviewed seemed rushed and not important. After only 7 minutes it was over and it felt as if my opportunity was ruined because of some technical glitch. The interviewer didn't even seem to care about my answers and wanted to get done as quick as possible I had another recruiter not more than a month later tell me again I seemed like a perfect candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you take a year off before working at your current position.   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, and thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Unfortunately, technical issues happen, but an interviewer should be fully engaged... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then a video interview. The interview was very easy and the questions they asked didn't make you think. The phone screen was great, but the video chat made me feel like the interviewer was uninterested (why would you interview me in the first place).

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that a sales representative needs?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant video interview. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in the Richmond, VA office. The manager there is clearly a successful salesperson based upon the trophies in her office. With that being said, I wasn't impressed with my experience interviewing with her. I'll say off the bat that I didn't get an offer. I'm not the least bit bitter as I accepted a great job elsewhere a few weeks later and I can understand why they'd pick another candidate and have been rejected by many other companies in the past. I was just especially rubbed the wrong way by this one.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to go in for an interview. In my first interview, I was asked basic questions and told that I did really well and they'd be in touch. Pretty standard stuff. I was told a few days later that they passed by my recruiter (after I reached out). I was disappointed but am a fairly aggressive person so I found the manager I interviewed with on LinkedIn and asked for another shot. I was excited that she responded and said they'd give me a "chance to show what I can do on the phones".

The first sign I should've taken was when I'm told by the recruiter they will have a presentation there for me to present but was then told by the person in hq that I need to make one myself...the night before!! Anyway, I stay up late to make presentation and I go in for my next interview the next day and the manager is a no show. I receive an email a few minutes after I was told to be there that the manager was sick from someone in their OKC hq. They were very limited in availability and I had to take off work short notice as did the other candidate that was there too. Obviously things happen, but you'd expect the person would apologize, nothing. It was extremely unprofessional but I didn't care because at the time I wanted the job.

I get the interview rescheduled and go in and give my presentation. I'm told I did a good job and that the primary factor into whether I'd get an offer is the phone session. I'm told that you must get at least 8 appointments (I think, it may have been less) set by making cold calls to have a chance for the job. I'm also told the record was 16 or 17. I broke that record with time to spare and the manager seemed impressed. I proceed to ask if there is any reason I wouldn't be offered. She told me I'd be moved on to final interview with her boss. She said her only concern from first interview was one answer I had. The question was "what would you do if you weren't offered this job?". My answer was that I'd go back and continue to work hard at my current job and continue to look. She said that made me seem complacent. Keep in mind, a recruiter sought me out for this position and I was a high performer at previous job. I guess a better answer would be that I was going to go home and cry? I didn't say that of course and just talked about how I really wanted this job. I'm told later that night by my recruiter I have a 99% chance of being offered.

A few days go by and I hear nothing. I reach out to my recruiter and he informs me they passed. I wouldn't be surprised if there normal practice was to just not contact ppl they weren't offering.

I message the manager and thank her and ask why she passed. I'm told I need more experience before I could even talk to her boss. They completely wasted my time. The kicker was that she asked me to come back in 6 months when I had more experience lol.

Maybe my experience was an abnormality but my perception was that the manager was an amateur when it came to interviewing and didn't seem to care about treating people with respect. The whole process from beginning to end was disorganized and the way they treated me seems to be indicative of how they treat their employees based on some reviews on here.

This job has a great starting salary and may be a great place to work, I'm just sharing my experience for you to take in to consideration.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 20, 2017 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Every sales interviewee must put together a presentation and partake in phone canvasing. The goal is to see how a person would present to a... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, manager Go-To meeting if remote or onsite if in the same city, another interview with the sales manager alongside a wonder-lick assessment and test, then the final step is a half day with team phone canvassing to set 3 meetings and do a 10 min presentation to sales team.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation or obstacle you had to overcome in your previous role and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom family!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up an interview over the phone. The interview itself was fine but later that day I received another email saying that the interviewer was sorry she had missed me on the phone and we should reschedule for the following week. I'm sure that she speaks with a lot of people on a daily basis but the note taking/organization seemed to be lacking since she didn't have notes that we had spoken. I have not heard back from the company since.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. At Paycom, we aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for the error in communication that occurred. Our process... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty selective and the staffs were professional staffs. I got a call from a recruiter and she said she would like to set up a phone interview. After that, she told me that i should be expecting an email with the link to take 3 assessment. I did that an she called me two days later and said i should come in for an interview

Interview Questions

• why paycom, Tell us your experience that makes you a good fit for this job   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair, was brought in for an in person interview after a skype screen with the hr. After that was brought in again to for set up three appointments with the team.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why are you leaving your old job
      what motivates you   Answer Question