Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Paycom Response

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Challenging yet very helpful for understanding the role...Several levels of screening and a cold calling session to demonstrate the ability to set quality appointments. This definitely pushed my comfort level but I think it is an excellent metric for both the company and applicant in determining a whether the role is a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Where does your motivation come from?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions

• How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

May 12, 2014 – Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process is extremely thorough, but well worth it for the caliber of job duties and people you'll be working around. Paycom hires some outstanding individuals and they have the ability to do so because the rewards are great. There were approximately 6 steps in the process: An initial phone screen with a recruiter, an interview with the hiring manager, a second interview with a regional manager, a ride-along with your potential team, a phone-canvassing session in which you must demonstrate that you can successfully set three appointments, and then a final interview with a C-Level exec.

The process is very intense, and you may move forward in the process to the next level in the same day if you do well. Overall the process moves very quickly. The recruiter I had, Kathryn, was amazing, and did an excellent job of preparing me for each and every step.

Overall this was a great interview process!

Interview Questions

• I came in under an unusual career change for this position, so my most difficult questions came out of how I might have prepared myself for the position, having not come from a sales background. Be ready for this. They want to make sure you have prepared well in your time leading up to the possibility of stepping into a very challenging position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

long and drawn out

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do if not hired here. I dont understand why that woudh matter to you   1 Answer

The atmosphere of the office is terrible, very few people does not seem promising. Very high turnover in this company

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

This begins with a first round screening of the office manager. Then you will cold call for them for 4 hours if the manager likes you. If you set about 3 appointments, they will let you interview with the Chief Operator of Sales. From there, if you pass that interview, you will have a bunch of background checks run on you.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

Interview

Very challenging interview. Focused a lot on resume flow and consistency of employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

If you're applying to this position, you must know, you need to be exactly the type of person they're looking for in ordered to be hired.....goal oriented, answering the questions "right", and prepared for a hard interview process. I was first contacted by a corporate recruiter to set my up my first round interview with the sales manager. The manager forgot to call me on 2 different occasions, and finally after the 3rd rescheduled interview on his behalf, we had a short 15 minute phone conversation. He asked me things like "are you an only child? What does your dad do for a living?" Thought it was weird....so didn't hear back until 2 weeks later, and the recruiter called and said "the manager really liked you and wants a1:1 interview. So I went up to DC for our 1:1. They failed to give me the Paycom pre-phone canvassing paperwork so instead of phone canvassing, which i was supposed to do, the manager asked me, again, very personal questions and tried to make a quick judgement because I was an only child from a divorced family- after talking with my HR professional at my law firm, she said you're not allowed to do that.... anyways, he basically said I'm not suited for the position but still made me wait 2 more hours for a web conference with the regional sales manager. That was awkward. He was very quick to get me out of there- BIG HINT- if they're quick to get you out of there and the say " Thanks for taking this time with us"- you're not getting the job. Sure enough, got the rejection email two days later. Great money, great company to work for, but it's really hard to get the job.